GMR: Scarcity

Greetings Byzantium warrior! Looks like our continent is crowded once again.

Greetings, Sapa Inca.

Host must revert turn, the game turned into another one. Dunno if its me or not i dont remember what i've done.

Done, to the previous player.

Foffaren ? Are you french to go on strike like this ?

Heheh. It's been like a week, hasn't it? I noticed a day or so ago, but it was late, and I forgot. I've added a timer to automatically move the French farmers' tractors off the road. :p

Perhaps he's playing to the theme, making himself scarce?

I guess the game has issue loading so he will play it when he got ample time. He played other easy-to-load games.

The French Swede has been skipped.

F :dunno::whipped: O

Oh no. Was it that long? I have so many games I try to spread them out a little, the ones without timer usually gets pushed back. I never wait more than 3-5 days though.
Sorry, I will try to keep this one moving a little faster.

No biggie. Civ has fallen a ways down my list of late.

There goes the neighbourhood!

This is the second game in a short while that you dow me early, michael. What have I done to deserve this honour?

This is the second game in a short while that you dow me early, michael. What have I done to deserve this honour?

It's not personal. In the early stages of the game I DOW with almost no provocation. If I can steal a worker or kill a scout right off the bat I almost always do it. I don't use the strategy when playing the AI because they never forgive you but I count on people having shorter memories, act in their best interest and not hold a grudge.

In this case you moved your unit over to the back side of my territory. I figure there is no good reason to let you do this, because you will either 1. Use the information about the terrain to plan an attack later. 2. Meet a CS and take the bonus for finding them first and that I will now have to compete with you to complete their quests. 3. Meet another Civ and give you another person you can trade lux with other than me. 4. Get a goodie hut that could have gone to me. Also with my city between your unit and your territory there is very little chance you can get him back alive without paying me off.

Also I like to start wars early because I think that a lot of the GMR community are just plain better than me at managing their empire and teching up fast. A lot of people have a predefined built strategy that allows them to tech up very fast and bulldoze their neighbor with advanced units. (I know you can do this because I have seen you do it) By poking at you with early units I force you to respond to me and get you off your game.

Also, I am hoping to extract some sort of peace agreement that will help guarantee the future of my empire. For example in this game I really don't want to see you put up a city between our capitals. (They are close together and I don't think there is room for us each to have a city between) I figure it would be easier to fight you for the land now and never let you settle it than deal with you after you already have a city place there.

Finally, there is not much reason to be peaceful early. neither one of us has anything to trade and no one can field a large enough army to take a city so there is no advantage to peace and very little risk to war.

Sorry if I am a bit of a nuance to start the game next to. But it can't be any worse than someone who techs up to a particular unit purchases a huge army and takes your entire empire it one fell swoop without any warning. Or could it? :D

Plus I don't like the way you spell honor :p

Top Bottom