Whalter Whites' Meth Imperium

Koare

Chieftain
While playing a regular game of Civ V this other day, I came up with this (to me) very cool idea.
Why not make a Whalter White civ?
Since I love Breaking Bad, and he himself was talking about an imperium, I thought to myself "Why not?". So I came up with a pretty cool concept (IMO) for it, and was just about to create it. When I realized, I am not a modder. I have no clue how to mod. I tried to search around the internet for tutorials for a couple of hours, but found nothing on a basic enough level.

Therefore, I thought I'd just share what I came up with, with you guys.
And maybe one of you could have the freetime to make my dream come true?

Civ: W.W. Meth Imperium (Blue Meth colored borders)

Leader: Walter White

Trait: I am the danger - Your military gains 50% combat strength against civs who
have adopted fewer policies than you and -10% against people with more.

Gain a free great general when you've researched metal casting.

Unique Unit: RV Lab (replaces Caravan) - Can only establish trade routes within your
own cities (Can't establish Cargo Ships between owned cities), gives culture & food = the level of the city it started from.

Unique Building: Gustavo Frings' Lab (replaces Workshop) - +2 Production, +10% Production +2x(current amount of established trade routes) Culture.

City names(the hardest part to do): W.W. HQ, Albuquerque, A1A, (Need many more names)

Spy names: Jesse Pinkman, Skyler White, Skinny Pete, Badger, Combo, Mike Ehrmantraut

Don't know about a bots' behaviour, but probably very territorial and stubborn.
And I am not a scriptwriter, so I don't have much of a story to tell as a loading screen.

I am open to suggestions and feedback.

Thanks!

I'm sure this alone would get my Dad into Civ 5 :p
He's quite the Breaking Bad fan, I on the otherhand not so much.
While I do know a thing about making mods, I know little to nothing of Breaking Bad.
However, I knew nothing, but I found a few good tutoials around, I'm sure the others here will help.

Firstly though, install the Civ 5 SDK, go into Steam, and where it say Games click it and now click tools, look for Civ 5 SDK.

here's a few guides I started with:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533853
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=388779
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493900

EDIT: Just in case, I approve of this idea! This wouldn't be the only Drug orientated Civ, Provided people count Vaas's Pirates for this :p

Trait: I am the danger - Your military gains 50% combat strength against civs who
have adopted fewer policies than you and -10% against people with more.

Gain a free great general when you've researched metal casting.

Unique Unit: RV Lab (replaces Caravan) - Can only establish trade routes within your
own cities (Can't establish Cargo Ships between owned cities), gives culture & food = the level of the city it started from.

Unique Building: Gustavo Frings' Lab (replaces Workshop) - +2 Production, +10% Production +2x(current amount of established trade routes) Culture.

UA isn't doable without a custom DLL.
UU isn't doable without a custom DLL.
UB is doable.

UA isn't doable without a custom DLL.
UU isn't doable without a custom DLL.
UB is doable.

So what would make them doable?
How much can you change without making them too hard to mod?
As I said, I am open to suggestions, so abandoning these ideas are not a problem to me.
I'll just come up with something new if it's too hard to make.

So what would make them doable?
How much can you change without making them too hard to mod?
As I said, I am open to suggestions, so abandoning these ideas are not a problem to me.
I'll just come up with something new if it's too hard to make.

UA and UU just requires the CP or VMC DLL. However, without any artists or coders, there's not much you can do without sourcing the job to yourself.

UA and UU just requires the CP or VMC DLL. However, without any artists or coders, there's not much you can do without sourcing the job to yourself.

Well that sounds ridiculously tedious. Seems like I wont be getting my Civ, atleast not in the form I wrote him in at first.

Well that sounds ridiculously tedious. Seems like I wont be getting my Civ, atleast not in the form I wrote him in at first.

I would hope you atleast know how to use the GiMP? Because your going to need some program and know-how to create icons and diplo screens

This part was super easy for me, since even in high school, I was quite the little Photoshoper XD (or should I say: GiMPshoper :p)
Best in my grade, and this year I got good with lua script, MODELS, on the other hand, I cannot do, so I hope you weren't looking to add any of those!

EDIT: Also, I won't make mods for things I know nothing about, if I was into Breaking Bad, I'd try making this Civ myself.

Heisenberg Drug Empire

Unique Ability:
Spoiler :
The One Who Knocks (?incomplete?) Can annex :c5citystate: city-states after completing one cycle of a :trade: trade route from a city that has at least one source of Blue Meth.

Leaderscreen:

Spoiler :

New Resource:
Spoiler :
Blue Meth - +2 :c5happy: Happiness, +15% :c5strength: combat strength for all land units while you own at least one of this resource.
Note that Blue Meth should only spawn from the unique buildings and the unique improvement. This removes the need to create a 3D graphic or make it generate in the terrain.

Unique Improvement:
Spoiler :
RV Lab - Replaces Trading Post. Provides 1 Blue Meth; +4 :c5gold: gold and +2 :c5science: science when worked by a city. Cannot build RV Labs next to each other.

Unique Building:
Spoiler :
Meth Laboratory - [Not a replacement for anything] Provides +2 Blue Meth, +6 :c5gold: gold, and +4 :c5science: science. Moderate maintenance. Requires a nearby RV Lab and 1 Aluminum.

Unique National Wonder:
Spoiler :
Superlab - Requires a Meth Laboratory in all cities. Provides 4 Blue Meth, +10 :c5gold: gold, +8 :c5science: science. High maintenance. Requires 1 Aluminum.

Sorry that most of these aren't artistic at all; most of them are just framed images. However, I made them a bit hastily just to get the idea out there, and my Photoshop is out of commission ATM. Feel free to credit me for anything used here.

Hmm, well, if I knew anything about Breaking Bad I't take those resources and make the Civ myself!

The UA might be kinda hard to do, I havn't messed with trade routes yet.

The buildings give gold but also have maintenance. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of giving gold?

Captain_Russia said:
The buildings give gold but also have maintenance. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of giving gold?

All buildings have maintenance. These should have slightly higher maintenance but the output should compensate for that and go beyond.
You shouldn't have to know much about Breaking Bad to take these resources and make something out of it except for maybe programming the leader's personality..

Heisenberg Drug Empire

Unique Ability:
Spoiler :
The One Who Knocks (?incomplete?) Can annex :c5citystate: city-states after completing one cycle of a :trade: trade route from a city that has at least one source of Blue Meth.

Leaderscreen:

Spoiler :

New Resource:
Spoiler :
Blue Meth - +2 :c5happy: Happiness, +15% :c5strength: combat strength for all land units while you own at least one of this resource.
Note that Blue Meth should only spawn from the unique buildings and the unique improvement. This removes the need to create a 3D graphic or make it generate in the terrain.

Unique Improvement:
Spoiler :
RV Lab - Replaces Trading Post. Provides 1 Blue Meth; +4 :c5gold: gold and +2 :c5science: science when worked by a city. Cannot build RV Labs next to each other.

Unique Building:
Spoiler :
Meth Laboratory - [Not a replacement for anything] Provides +2 Blue Meth, +6 :c5gold: gold, and +4 :c5science: science. Moderate maintenance. Requires a nearby RV Lab and 1 Aluminum.

Unique National Wonder:
Spoiler :
Superlab - Requires a Meth Laboratory in all cities. Provides 4 Blue Meth, +10 :c5gold: gold, +8 :c5science: science. High maintenance. Requires 1 Aluminum.

Sorry that most of these aren't artistic at all; most of them are just framed images. However, I made them a bit hastily just to get the idea out there, and my Photoshop is out of commission ATM. Feel free to credit me for anything used here.

This looks awesome.
Much more than what I did.

Koare said:
This looks awesome.
Much more than what I did.
Feel free to use it; I wouldn't have made these if I didn't think someone would go ahead and use them. I would do it but I have no time, with school and all.

Feel free to use it; I wouldn't have made these if I didn't think someone would go ahead and use them. I would do it but I have no time, with school and all.

I definitely would take it man, if I knew how.
But it's a cool concept. And that's really what I was after, so thanks for your ideas!

Top Bottom