Continents+ with citystates on mainland

Lanstro

Prince
My favourite map type is continents+ as it spawns a decent variety of somewhat realistic looking maps. The only problem is that the script always places city states off-shore, and I prefer games where city states are in the thick of the action.

Plain old continents is not ideal either because it almost always just spawns 2-3 similarly sized continents and so the map is too predictable.

Is there a similar map type to continents+ where the city states are on the mainland, or alternatively a decent mod?

Would love for someone to make Continents Plus with normal CS placement.

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed map following this pattern.
But try to mess with Continents and Small Continents on low sea level. There is some chance that you end up with something very similar to C+.

I may look into this, though I think it's just a matter of deleting the City State Placement scripting that's contained with the Continents Plus map script. The game should automatically call the default City State placement. There will probably still be some out in the island chains and whatnot, but most of them would probably end up on the major landmasses.

You'd need to make a copy of ContinentsPlus.lua, rename it, edit it, and then move it to the \maps\ folder (which IIRC is somewhere in \my Documents\My Games\Civ5...\).

I did always find it odd that it was a "plus" to have the city states in the middle of nowhere. Would be good to at least have it as a toggleable option.

Top Bottom