Communitu_79 massive Tundra continents and lack of northern/southern oceans

doublex55

Prince
Can anybody tell me how to tweak the map so the continents aren't always pushed against the top/bottom of the map making massive tundra continents? I want there to be at least some ocean between the continent and the ice so that there can be coastal cities there with sea trade routes. I figured out how to make it make less tundra, but that doesn't stop it from pushing up against the edge of the map. I like everything else about the script but this is pretty frustrating to me. If anybody knows where in the script i can change it to make sure there is ocean between the ice and the continents that would be really helpful, thanks!

There's four values starting with 'northAttenuationFactor' that can restrict the amount of land that appears at the poles.
Spoiler example settings :

mglobal.northAttenuationFactor = 0.75
mglobal.northAttenuationRange = 0.25 --percent of the map height.
mglobal.southAttenuationFactor = 0.75
mglobal.southAttenuationRange = 0.25

There's four values starting with 'northAttenuationFactor' that can restrict the amount of land that appears at the poles.
Spoiler example settings :

mglobal.northAttenuationFactor = 0.75
mglobal.northAttenuationRange = 0.25 --percent of the map height.
mglobal.southAttenuationFactor = 0.75
mglobal.southAttenuationRange = 0.25
are those the default values? because they are all default at 0 for me and i tried changing it but it didnt really help. i tried 1.00,0.10,1.00,0.10 and land still spawned at the poles.

Default is 0, it's normally unused. Factor determines how much land % can spawn within the defined range, so a factor of 1.0 is effectively disabled. As an extreme example, here's factors 0.0 and ranges 0.5:
Spoiler attenuation :
20231223124747_1.jpg

Top Bottom