Guide To Works Of Art Trading?

civfanaticfandu

Chieftain
I am having a hard time finding any good information on this. Does anyone know of a good guide about this feature of the game? Alternatively, if someone would want to explain it hear, I'm all "eyes"

Cheers!

Pretty simple. You can trade art for art, artifact for artifact and writing for writing; you cannot trade music. Go to Culture Overview and select Swap Great Works. Across the top are the three categories (Writing/Art/Artifact) and the first row is you and the rows below are the other civs.

Let's say you are trying to get a theming bonus that requires two works of art from different eras and from different civs (neither one of which is you (Arabia). You already have a Medieval work of Art from Babylon and have a spare work of Renaissance art from your civ.

Go to Swap Great Works, go to the Art column and scroll through the list to find the piece of Arabian Renaissance art you want to swap. When you select it, it appears in the "Yours" box at the bottom of the screen. Then browse through the works the other civs have available for swap. You need a non-Babylon civ and not Medieval. You see that Russia has a piece of Russian Classical Art. Select it, and it will appear in the "Theirs" box at the bottom of the screen, Click the swap button. Done.

The only "hard" part of this is figuring out what you need to get a theming bonus. If you mouse hover over the +0 to the right of a multi-slot building or wonder it will tell you what you need. Then go find it.

thanks! i think i'm still overwhelmed by figuring out how to get the bonuses. Am I correct in guessing that the items available in the "yours" list are your extra works? sometimes they have a +0 and other times i've seen them with a +2 - does that mean the +0 aren't having an impact currently and should be swapped? I'm also having a hard time figuring out where the ones i trade for end up, i can't seem to find them.

Short answer is that any work with a +2 next to it on the drop down list is currently contributing to a robust theming bonus. Focus on the +0s, but before doing any of that tinker with your slot assignments. There may be an overlooked theming bonus combination (perhaps only yielding a +1, but that's OK early on). Focus initially on trading up your +0 bonus items, but always have a specific profile for your desired swap item. Affter you've addressed the +0s, move to the +1s (e.g., museum wants same civ and same era, and you have an Assyrian Ancient artifact (say, beads) and an Assyrian Classical artifact (coins) = +1, but swapping the +1 coins for another Assyrian Ancient artifact (more beads would be OK) will get you to +2).

Short answer is that any work with a +2 next to it on the drop down list is currently contributing to a robust theming bonus. Focus on the +0s, but before doing any of that tinker with your slot assignments. There may be an overlooked theming bonus combination (perhaps only yielding a +1, but that's OK early on). Focus initially on trading up your +0 bonus items, but always have a specific profile for your desired swap item. Affter you've addressed the +0s, move to the +1s (e.g., museum wants same civ and same era, and you have an Assyrian Ancient artifact (say, beads) and an Assyrian Classical artifact (coins) = +1, but swapping the +1 coins for another Assyrian Ancient artifact (more beads would be OK) will get you to +2).

Thanks much!

There is a great guide to theming bonuses thread in the bnw forum.

Got a Link? I didn't see it there.

Pretty simple. You can trade art for art, artifact for artifact and writing for writing; you cannot trade music. Go to Culture Overview and select Swap Great Works. Across the top are the three categories (Writing/Art/Artifact) and the first row is you and the rows below are the other civs.

Let's say you are trying to get a theming bonus that requires two works of art from different eras and from different civs (neither one of which is you (Arabia). You already have a Medieval work of Art from Babylon and have a spare work of Renaissance art from your civ.

Go to Swap Great Works, go to the Art column and scroll through the list to find the piece of Arabian Renaissance art you want to swap. When you select it, it appears in the "Yours" box at the bottom of the screen. Then browse through the works the other civs have available for swap. You need a non-Babylon civ and not Medieval. You see that Russia has a piece of Russian Classical Art. Select it, and it will appear in the "Theirs" box at the bottom of the screen, Click the swap button. Done.

The only "hard" part of this is figuring out what you need to get a theming bonus. If you mouse hover over the +0 to the right of a multi-slot building or wonder it will tell you what you need. Then go find it.

Outstanding thank you. This game has so many facets and permutations.

Top Bottom