* Leader MUST have the spiritual trait.
* 5 - 7 players only.
* Map: Random.
* Climate: Random.
* Sea Level: Random.
* Speed: Normal.
* 21 Hour turn timer.
* hamachi
* Power session on either Saturday or Sunday.
* This game will last months. If you don't have the patience to stick with the game until it ends then this is not the game for you. I am also asking that you stick with the game till your bitter end. No turning civ over to AI.
* The simultaneous nature of the server means the game isn't truly turn based. It is possible to take back to back turns and gain an unfair advantage over another player. Rather than come up with a long list of rules all players will be expected to avoid these type of situations to the best of their ability and we'll deal with problems as they arise. All issues are expected to be raised in a timely manner (no more than 1 turn after it happened) and will be resolved by the host.
* Signup: Leave Civ and leader preferences.

bbfrancis: Justinian I
oyzar: Mansa
Indiansmoke: Ramesses
tommy357: Saladin
classical_hero: monty
hoplowsternum: Ghandi
Slaze: Izzy

I'll go as mansa then:).

So tech trading barbs and huts will be on in this too eh? :p Also are we going standard or small?

5-7 players on a small map would be a blood fest in case pangea pops up from random....how will I then build all the wonders I want with my Industrious leader :mischief:

So tech trading barbs and huts will be on in this too eh? :p Also are we going standard or small?

Well you have converted me to the I hate tech trading school of thought :)

But I like Barbies, huts and random events. There is a lot of start position luck in any case. So why not have a little more :) And I like to have lots of extra possible excuses why I am losing ;)

Tech trading is weird between humans, 2 players can make an arrangement and leave everyone else behind..

huts and random events add a luck factor that is fun but sometimes decisive, especially in small maps...imagine if your neighbour pops bronze working at the start!

In fact anyone who doesn't make a tech trading is going to be left behind...

Alliances is not a good thing in a FFA game though :p.

My philosophy on Civ game play is not to make everything as even as you can. (in my humble opinion this is an exercise in madness anyway). Rather it is to create a game where surprises causes creative on your feet game play. The stuff that causes you act with Moxie, be sociable and make/break alliances. That is why I leave all options on and randomize everything. With that in mind I can create the standard size map for the amount of players we have or randomize it as well (lol).:p

I will set up the game when I get home and PM everyone the details.
Also there is the matter of power session times.
I would like to make a standard time for this every week.
I am -7 the only times that don't work well for me is Late Friday and Saturday nights (after 9pm).

Well finding a time to play is going to be even harder than last time because of classical in australia. The night can either go between you and hopolosternum(he is gmt) or between idiansmoke and tommy(gmt+2 and +8) or between classical and you(not sure his exact timezone though). Either way someone have to wake up early...

I almost forgot.
All standard patches are required and NO unofficial patches are aloud in this game.
The reason for this is 2 fold.
1. It opens the door to cheating.
2. It causes out of sync errors in power sessions.

If you notice a warning message when someone is connecting please select "DO NOT TRUST" and let me know as soon as possible.

I reinstalled civ allready but we'll probably get some oos errors eventually anyways(not necessarily my fault though :p).
Also i don't think changing stuff like that can cause cheating cause all the logical operations are done from the hosts' machine anyways...

Better safe then sorry.

Yep your in.
I'm not sure who Izzy is though.

Top Bottom