Can UUs be purchased with Faith?

The Oz-Man

Enter: The VAIKE!
I wanted to ask here before I posted in the bug forum. I'm playing as Ethiopia and grabbed Religious Fervor. When I tried to buy Mehel Safari with Faith, the option wasn't available.

Is this a bug, or can UUs just not be purchased with Faith at all?

Thanks!

I wanted to ask here before I posted in the bug forum. I'm playing as Ethiopia and grabbed Religious Fervor. When I tried to buy Mehel Safari with Faith, the option wasn't available.

Is this a bug, or can UUs just not be purchased with Faith at all?

Thanks!

Make sure that A) your religion has spread to the city you're trying to buy the MS in and B) there are no other land units stationed in that city.

The Holy Warriors follower belief allows you to buy pre-Industrial land units with faith. The Reformation Belief Religious Fervor allows you to buy Industrial and post-Industrial land units with faith.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Make sure that A) your religion has spread to the city you're trying to buy the MS in and B) there are no other land units stationed in that city.

I did. The option to buy Mehel Safari with Faith doesn't even show up. To confirm, I can indeed buy cannon with faith, so the religion is there.

A friend of mine checked a game with the editor whatsit tool, and apparently this seems to be an issue with all Industrial and later UU's and Religious Fervor. Caroleans can't seem to get it as well. So maybe it is a bug?

I did. The option to buy Mehel Safari with Faith doesn't even show up. To confirm, I can indeed buy cannon with faith, so the religion is there.

A friend of mine checked a game with the editor whatsit tool, and apparently this seems to be an issue with all Industrial and later UU's and Religious Fervor. Caroleans can't seem to get it as well. So maybe it is a bug?

Cannons are Renaissance units, so you shouldn't be able to buy those with Religious Fervour. Are you talking about the Follower Belief or the Reformation Belief?

According to the civilopedia, you probably can buy UUs if the UU happens to be a land unit that is pre-industrial with the Holy Warriors follower beliefs.

Is this a religion that has both Holy Warriors and Religious Fervor? As Mr. Grieves notes, cannons are Renaissance units, so if you can buy cannons with faith, you have Holy Warriors.

I just bought a cataphract with faith, so UUs can be bought. Hope that narrows down the problem for you.

Top Bottom