Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Just wanted to drop a message to say that the new Tanzania update has drastically reduced the issues I was having with the city screen in the early game. Granted I've yet to get an ideology or the UB yet (That pesky Old Kingdom, slowing me down with their wars *shakes fist*), but it's otherwise a marked improvement.

I've noticed that they are getting the Tribal American CulDiv stuff after the latest update, and I can second the reported issue with Rwanda's decisions not showing up after the latest patch. I can get logs for you, if they are needed - after I've gotten some sleep though :p

Edit; Despite having the required resources to enact the Vibadi decision, I was never able to click on it - perhaps because CID renames the NW 'Code of Laws' to 'Law Code' and thus the check is failing?

Logs are here, if they would help

Hello, I'm playing a game with Rwanda with Events and Decisions and noticed that the unique Decisions did not show up for me.
Okay, I'll look into it. I don't remember changing anything in neither Decisions.lua file nor the GameDefines_Modsupport.sql file, but might have accidentially.
Just wanted to drop a message to say that the new Tanzania update has drastically reduced the issues I was having with the city screen in the early game. Granted I've yet to get an ideology or the UB yet (That pesky Old Kingdom, slowing me down with their wars *shakes fist*), but it's otherwise a marked improvement.
Great to hear - I've made some slight changes in all my civs MCIS support, limiting the checks and localized variables, but wasn't sure it really helped much.
I've noticed that they are getting the Tribal American CulDiv stuff after the latest update, and I can second the reported issue with Rwanda's decisions not showing up after the latest patch. I can get logs for you, if they are needed - after I've gotten some sleep though :p
For Tanzania? Well didn't you know Mwinyi was in fact native American :p. I must have screwed up something in the support file - will fix.
Edit; Despite having the required resources to enact the Vibadi decision, I was never able to click on it - perhaps because CID renames the NW 'Code of Laws' to 'Law Code' and thus the check is failing?
Might be related to that, as I don't think I tested the mod with CiD. Pretty sure JFD didn't change the Code of Laws tag though, so could be something else. Will look into it. Thanks for the logs, I'll check them out.

Another update from DHS:
Spoiler :
Hmm... Who is this DHS, you're referring to? The changes COF (and you?) made surely improved the LH :goodjob:. And the map is - as always - great!

Yep, he's a mysterious fella that Mwinyi :p.
Can anyone else confirm the interchange of the leader scenes? I know it worked for me in the version before the UA/UB bug was fixed and haven't touched anything graphical since the initial release, so it strikes me as odd if I accidentally replaced Rwabugiri's diplomacy DDS with Mwinyi's.
But then again, wasn't aware that I broke the Decisions either, so it could be the case. I have some very busy days ahead of me with lots of classes, and in addition I'm functioning as TA on my university's course in history of mathematics :D but will see if I can get some time before the weekend to check out the issues.

Hi!
I just want to confirm the tanzania leaderscreen for rwanda, and also that burundi, tanzania and rwanda now all start at tanzania TSL in the large africa Ynaemp map. i'm burundi, so I cant see the leaderscreen, but the three civ must be sharing something now.

Rwanda updated.

Changelog:
- fixed LH issue (correct dds file, but wrong xml reference)
- fixed decisions (z ~= s dammit!)
- fixed ynaemp coordinates (and added for V24)
- fixed CulDiv support (removed IdealsTag value)
- removed remaining unnecessary print statements
- minor changes to code

Burundi updated.

Changelog:
- fixed CulDiv support (removed IdealsTag value)

Tanzania updated. (About the CulDiv support thing, IDK, it works for me. Though it might have had something to do with an issue with Sennar's CulDiv support (also fixed).)

Changelog:

Sennar updated.

Changelog:
- fixed issue with CulDiv not working when playing with Tanzania enabled

Also, update to the Nuraghians coming within the next few days :eek:.

It will! It'll differ somewhat from the original design in some aspects, though don't expect a completely new civ :p. The Nuraghe (UB) has been altered quite a bit, removing the (much OP) +1 range for ranged units in the city. It will still have a food/defense thing going on though. The Ipogeo (UI) hasn't been changed much expect for some balancing. The UA will also still be related to combat strength and trade, but will in addition also have a faith focus.

All in all, more balanced, more interesting and hopefully soon released :D

Also, before anyone asks: yes, the UB is still OP. If you build one, you literally win the game. Immediately. And then Catherine turns up in your bedroom that evening wearing nothing but pink fluffy handcuffs and a smouldering expression. =]

So Public Service Announcement time!!

After several talks about the issue, the former Age of Imperialism holding "The Dervish State" has been annexed by The Free States of DMS with general support of the whole of the original AoI team.

In reality, the civ is very far in development. I'll be finishing the lua and making some slight changes and brushing up the art a bit.

This means we have the following line up: the Nuraghians update, the Dervish State, the Faroe Islands, Struensee's Denmark. I'm working on Forces of Nature at the same time, but it'll be some time before it's in a releasable state.
Of course there's also everyone's favourite Pharaoh, King Tut, on which we're somewhat near having a finalised design.

In the far future - we're talking mid summer or something - there's the [REDACTED] spilt, which will be an enormous and very ambitious project!

And hey, all the African civs are bug free now, right?

That's great to hear, I've been looking forward to that civ. Is Age of Imperialism (officially) dead now? Have the other civs been abandoned, or will they be worked by other people? I have suspicions you might be talking about the Ethiopia split there.

Sad times re: AoI, but good to see you're working on stuff!

People always assume it's going to be an Ethiopia split. Well, you know what they say about assume making an ass out of u and me... =]

(yeah we're actually doing a djibouti split)

Glad to hear that the Dervish State will get an eventual release, and the upcoming release schedule looks awesome as well - what with the Faroe civ being pretty far up on it.

Speaking of which, did you ever find a solution for your problem with their planned UU?

I'm intrigued as to what the Summer Split could be. An Ethiopia split would be more than welcome - though something makes me think that the project would be bigger than just that - especially from the way it has been described. Regardless, I'm sure it will be awesome!

After several talks about the issue, the former Age of Imperialism holding "The Dervish State" has been annexed by The Free States of DMS with general support of the whole of the original AoI team.

In reality, the civ is very far in development. I'll be finishing the lua and making some slight changes and brushing up the art a bit.

This means we have the following line up: the Nuraghians update, the Dervish State, the Faroe Islands, Struensee's Denmark. I'm working on Forces of Nature at the same time, but it'll be some time before it's in a releasable state.
Of course there's also everyone's favourite Pharaoh, King Tut, on which we're somewhat near having a finalised design.

In the far future - we're talking mid summer or something - there's the [REDACTED] spilt, which will be an enormous and very ambitious project!

Finally! I knew that the Dervish State were in development hell for a quite a while so I'm proud to see somebody will pick it up and hopefully finish it. I'm also very excited for Denmark and the long awaited update of the Nuraghians.

DarthStarKiller said:
That's great to hear, I've been looking forward to that civ. Is Age of Imperialism (officially) dead now? Have the other civs been abandoned, or will they be worked by other people?

I guess you can say that. To an extent atleast.

wooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Top Bottom