HNDY07 AWE Standard Size Pangaea

handy900

Deity
It's AWE Pangaea :D on a standard map. Other major game options are open to discussion.

C3C 1.22 Patch
Level: Emperor
Variant: Always War :hammer:
Civilization: TBA
Map Type: Pangaea - water size TBA
Size: Standard
Temperature: TBA
Climate: TBA
Barbarians: TBA
Rivals: Random
AI Aggression: Normal
Victory ConditionAll enabled.
Culturally linked starts: Off
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

Roster
Greebley
Handy
T_McC
Yom - reserved
Ankka
Oblivion

Always War Boilerplate as we play it.
You may only trade when you first meet a civilization, and must declare war on the same turn after trading is complete. If you see a new AI unit, you must make contact & declare war that turn. Absolutely no GPT trades allowed. If you see a new face on F4, you are obligated to declare war that turn (after trading). Players must declare war if they are exploring and see AI units, but are not required to actually attack the units they come in contact with. No peace treaties, ever. You may check F4 as often as you like to spy on the AI's tech, resources, luxuries & city count. Only Greebley can authorize the building of embassies. Style points awarded for sticking T_McC with anarchy turns.

Discuss any move that seems exploitive before doing it with the team. Although there are not too many exploits available in AW, we’ll follow the forbidden blatant exploits banned by GOTM and RBCiv such as no "Free Wealth". Other normal game exploits such as "Baiting the AI" with an empty city to create a kill zone are an AW tradition and are allowed. Also, you ARE allowed to initially keep a city, move a settler to the same spot as the city, and then abandon and immediately resettle. This is considered an exploit in RBCiv rules, but is okay in our AW games. In addition if you need to build a city one square deeper into enemy territory just to move borders to steal a resource, go for it. We may keep or raze cities, and can keep slaves. You may whip at will, including captured cities or cities where all citizens are unhappy.

SG Stuff
You have 24 hours for an "I got it" and 72 to play. If you need a one day extension, then mention this before the 72 hours are up. Players can work out skips between themselves, just post a message to the thread. If you can't play within 72 total, switch places or ask for a skip. We will play 10 turns at first, and possibly fewer later (5) if the turns begin to take too long.

Lucky candle to light the way.

I feel like joining, this looks eally tempting, but I fear I'm not good enough for perhaps the best AW group at CFC... Gah.

If you take me, I'm in, but if you feel like I'm not good enough, feel free to say so. :)

handy900 said:
You are in. :D I look forward to playing with you.

Greebley said:
I think you are skilled enough to join us Ankka. Welcome :)
Thanks, both. :)

As this will be C3C... which civ would be better, one with an AA UU or a knight replacement? What traits would be the best? Agri & mil? Or sci for research and perhaps an SGL?

Gah, I wrote a long post and then misclicked and it disappeared. :cringe:

Well, most of the knight replacements are good, propably in a good time too, and the swiss unit the dutch have is good too... the viking berserk is not so good on a pangaea, so I think we can count that out...

I don't want to play the dutch. We got them in LK76.

The Ottomans would be fun to try for AW. Their biggest drawback is their late UU.

I would rather not do china or persia as they are too common.

I know the Arabs have a knight replacement that is weaker (and cheaper). Does it have any other advantages? I don't even know their traits.

I am up for playing most civs however. If I had to vote; at the moment I would vote for the ottomans despite the late UU.

I will join if you will have me :D
I have been experimenting with AWE on small maps lately and i just won one of them. This seems to be the next step up.

T_McC said:
If we're going to do this, let's do it right.

I vote for England.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess this means you're in.

Oblivion said:
I will join if you will have me
I have been experimenting with AWE on small maps lately and i just won one of them. This seems to be the next step up.

Oblivion, welcome to the game :goodjob:

Roster and selections.
Greebley - Ottoman
Handy - My proxy goes to Greebley
T_McC - England :rolleyes:
Yom - reserved
Ankka - Ottoman
Oblivion - ?

Greebley said:
TMcC, you just want an expansionist civ (with boats and scouts) so you can go out and meet all civs before 3000 BC.

No, you're thinking of Portugal. England is Seafaring and Commercial in C3C (no scouts :( ). But we would start with Alphabet.

Point is: We've already won AWE with Spain (craptacular UU), so let's raise the bar a little more. After Sid, I think we can handle the Emperor AI, and I've always wanted to go on a Man o' War rush. :lol:

Might as well make this one memorable. No UU crutches for us! :D

(if Greebley is so against England, I could compromise and settle for America. :mischief: )

Not only do the Ottomans have the best UU, they also have the "correct" starting techs to play defense from the first turn. (BW and Masonry, Spears and Walls immediately).

I still think that's a cop-out, and removes our built-in excuse of a crappy civ. :lol:

Checking in. Sorry I couldn't do so earlier, but I had a little preoccupation called school and Cross-Country ;).

I'd go with England. I just played Portugal in the last epic and I'd like to try a harder civ if we're doing Emperor.

Not being expansionist makes England a bit more palatable. I always get portugal and england traits confused.

If we do play the ottomans, we could purposefully choose one without a food bonus nearby (first random start with no bonus).

[Edit: I am willing to play England if others want the challenge.]

Greebley said:
The Ottomans would be fun to try for AW. Their biggest drawback is their late UU.
That is true... but, in AWE the tech pace is quite fast anyway, and if we get that far, we're pretty unstoppable until MI's... at least for the stats of the UU..

Greebley said:
I would rather not do china or persia as they are too common.
Me neither, I'm playing China now and Persia is so.. boring.
Greebley said:
I know the Arabs have a knight replacement that is weaker (and cheaper). Does it have any other advantages? I don't even know their traits.
It's not crippled, the Mongol one is.
Ansars require both Iron and horses IIRC, and have one extra move vs knights, they are 4/3/3 IIRC. They rock. 3 move unit that costs the same as a knight.
Greebley said:
I am up for playing most civs however. If I had to vote; at the moment I would vote for the ottomans despite the late UU.
Ottomans or England... I'd say England just because of virtually no UU and the awful traits for a pangaea AW.. I mean, seafaring is totally useless, the only good side is we might have a shot at philosophy unless we research BW first..

The Ottomans on the other hand are a great civ for this game, the traits are good and so is the UU..

My vote goes for Ottomania, but I'll go with England happily if the others are more willing to play as it. I don't really mind.

Top Bottom