Rhye's 180x180 Earth map with RaR resources

haschischman

Chieftain
This is a map featuring rhye´s great standard Earth map 180x180 (.biq, .bic, .bix available) but it contains RaR-resources and changed starting positions for replaced civ´s (tibet, sioux, polynesia, mali, ethiopia).
the resources have been placed in accordance to earlier DyP-maps of Kal-El that contain similar resources. i hope this helps keeping the original ideas of the DyP/RaR-modders!
hints:
-wheat and corn do not exist in the mod, thats why i took "cereals 1" to replace those bonus resources
-i did not use "natives" so far, maybe i will use them to replace some barbarian camps in a later version...
-i also did not use different cattles or cereals (1,2,3), i only used no 1 of them because they are the worst ones (cattle 1 :+2 food, +1 shield) (cereals 1 :+3 food)

I´m looking forward to hear your suggestions about this map :rolleyes:

v0.4 uploaded! changes : - just imported the rulechanges and bugfixes of RaR 1.02 extended to keep the map up-to-date; EDIT : obviously the name of the attached zip is too long but dont worry it contains the full map ;)
RE-EDIT: Obviously the icons of dyes and silks were changed so that the china region was filled with dyes... i corrected this mistake and uploaded a new file!

v0.3 uploaded! changes : - irrigated some hills in tibet to make tibet build settlers! this was really needed to make them expand... (note : hills can NOT be irrigated by workers) ; - gave polynesia 1 additional unit : a micranesian raft for exploring the islands arround (note : the main island only allows 2 cities ; thats why an explorer does not really help the polynesians...) ; - changed terrain in the suez-region to make it possible to build a city forming the suez-channel (note : this seemed fair to me because it was also possible to do the same in central america colonizing the panama-region) ; - added cereals and cattle 2+3 on the map
natives have not been added yet.

v0.2 uploaded! changes : - more hills and wool for tibet, - gave 1 cereal to ploynesia, celts to make them grow faster, - removed some wrong set resources like incense in canada etc...
i hope these changes improve the gameplay.

p.s. : this is my first map, so dont shout at me for mistakes :blush:

Attachments

• s 180x180 Earth map with RaR v.1.02 resources v0.4.zip
    113 KB · Views: 936
if you have troubles seeing resources in the editor do the following :
1.) open the RaR basic 1.00 version with the editor, you can find it in your /conquests/scenarios folder
2.)Choose file -> import -> yes -> map -> yes
3.)import the file above
that should help you :goodjob:

Rhye said:
You should look for RaR users and creators feedback more than mine...

All I can say is one suggestion:
add more hills in Tibet, because in RaR that region puts up a civ.

true, tibet needs more food!
i have already posted a link in the mod-thread...

-I think you should use cereals 2 and 3 and also cattle 2 and 3. These resources were placed to simulate agricultural advances in the modern age (as the game engine doesn´t allow for multiple levels of farming). If you don´t put these results, the ability to improve food production is essentially stagnated from Middle Ages onwards....

Bombur said:
-I think you should use cereals 2 and 3 and also cattle 2 and 3. These resources were placed to simulate agricultural advances in the modern age (as the game engine doesn´t allow for multiple levels of farming). If you don´t put these results, the ability to improve food production is essentially stagnated from Middle Ages onwards....
i didnt recognize that no´s 2 + 3 appear through late technologies...
... i´m editing v0.3 at the moment so i will add them to the new version... it is going to be announced in the next few days! thanx for the info :D

haschischman said:
i didnt recognize that no´s 2 + 3 appear through late technologies...
... i´m editing v0.3 at the moment so i will add them to the new version... it is going to be announced in the next few days! thanx for the info :D

-And thank you for the excellent map

when you made the next version :) ?

Having a few problems...Started the map twice so far, on the first time Spain and Rome's starting points were reversed, and on the second attempt Spain & Koreas' starts were reversed? Also there appears to be a problem with the timeline? Instead of 4000BC it says "Nov." and says this every turn?

Only other thing I noticed is the English UU, it has the same stats as the crossbowman it replaces - is this deliberate? (I guess I should ask elsewhere about that though?)

Not all bad though sorry to pick holes! Glad somebody put this into a world map as I enjoy playing them so much! :)

RedGiant said:
Having a few problems...Started the map twice so far, on the first time Spain and Rome's starting points were reversed, and on the second attempt Spain & Koreas' starts were reversed? Also there appears to be a problem with the timeline? Instead of 4000BC it says "Nov." and says this every turn?

Only other thing I noticed is the English UU, it has the same stats as the crossbowman it replaces - is this deliberate? (I guess I should ask elsewhere about that though?)

Not all bad though sorry to pick holes! Glad somebody put this into a world map as I enjoy playing them so much! :)

seems like you are playing an earlier patch version??
all those bugs you tell here look like that :mischief:
do you use 1.22?
-
I didnt edit any UU´s, so the crossbowman problem maybe derives from original RaR?!
-
the problem with starting loc´s didnt appear in my test-loads (ca. 31 times; 31 civ´s playable), all civs started at the correct loc but i´m gonna try to find out where it comes from!

Thanx for your bug-reports and suggestions :goodjob:

p.s.: the next version will be posted in the next few hours ( ca 18:00 gmt ; berlin, zürich)

Doh! I was using V1.00 (!) Just installed 1.22 but not had a chance to try it yet, I'm sure it will work fine now though. (Feels sheepish!)

I'm really interested in a smaller Earth map than Rhye's 180X180. I'm running on a 3.5ghz 2gigs of RAM and I find the late game to be way too long between turns. I just thought I'd through this out there. This is a fantastic mod, in fact it's the sole reason why I still play Civ3. Great job, keep up the good work.

140X140 with RaR resources (of course) would be ideal. If I knew anything about mod making I'd just do it myself. I really lack the time to pick it up unfortunately.

rhye has a smaller version of his excellent earth map. it is 134 x 130. link below.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=98359

of course, it doesnt have RaR resources, but it's excellent to play on. as a small map lover, i prefer it to the full 170 or 180 sized earth maps. :)

EW

abbujaba said:
I'm really interested in a smaller Earth map than Rhye's 180X180.

140X140 with RaR resources (of course) would be ideal. If I knew anything about mod making I'd just do it myself. I really lack the time to pick it up unfortunately.

i will start the work on a smaller map by now because i caught a cold and now have time to do this work in bed :(
as you wait for the small version try out the new version (v.0.4) of the big one! you can find it at the beginning of this thread!

Top Bottom