New Wonder : Carthage Circular War Harbor

LBPB

King
I post this old work of mine at the request of WINTER and other peoples.
Have fun ! :beer:

Presentation
The unique construction built in circular shape around an artificial island (construction in which the office of the Carthagian High Admirality were allocated) harbored 220 large warships, as well as being connected to vast construction facilities. The heart of ancient Kart Haddasht and means of power of the largest maritime force in the Western Mediterranean.

Note It come in two form. The first consist in only the circular war harbor. And the second consist of both the circular war harbor and the rectangular commercial harbor. Choose the one you prefer... ;)

What's in the bundle ?
- Splash
- Building Large and small (2 versions)
- Pedia Icons Large and Small (2 versions)
- Pedia Text
- City View (2 version - only useful for Vanilla or PTW)

Splash

Buildings Large

Icons

Pedia
#BLDG_Double_Harbor
^
^
^The [Double Harbor] act like both $LINK<Harbor=BLDG_Harbor> & and $LINK<War Harbor=BLDG_War_Harbor> it even earn
5% bonus treasury by turn due to the large commercial fleet it can support.
^
^
^May trigger Golden Age for Militaristic and Commercial Civilizations.
#DESC_BLDG_Double_Harbor
^
^
^ The double harbor of CARTHAGE. Founded in 814 BC by Phoenician princes, Carthage emerged as the leading maritime
power of the western Mediterranean, ultimately coming into conflict with the Roman Republic during three Punic Wars,
264-241 and 218-201, and its ultimate destruction by Rome in 146 BC. Carthage's wealth depended not only on its
mercantile activities but also on its rich agricultural hinterland, from which food supplies were exported to the
urbanized Greek East. The outer harbor (below) was the commercial harbor; the inner harbor, heavily defended, was the
naval harbor complete with shipsheds and a central "island" with coning tower where the generals could direct naval
preparations.

Download
GLC_war_harbor.zip

[Publicity]
BTW, take a look at my mod, this wonder (and several other) I made are in :whipped:
[/Publicity]

This is one of the reasons I love history.

It's very nice, good job on making it.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
THATS IT! I'm playing your mod LBPB..even though my main hardrive is almost completely Civ-related, one more big mod won't hurt right?

Your talking about my tiny 130MB mod ? :D
It's really small compared to the current harddrive who are in the shops now (160-200GB) ;)

BTW, feel free to send feedback in the Mod thread as I'm alway trying to improve it :crazyeye:

LBPB,

I have played your mod a number of times. Having no goody huts adds an interesting twist to the game play. Thanks for the double harbor. With the two civilopedia icons and buildings graphics, I made two separate wonders instead of one. BTW, your coastal fortress and harbor buildings are superb as well. Do you mind if I "borrow" them for my own use in my game? I have no appreciable graphics skills and have to "rely on the kindness of strangers" for my graphics.

Very nice work LBPB. I'm going to have to make time for your mod as well sooner or later.

@HooDoo: I too have to rely on kind strangers for graphix. Maybe it's an Austin thing as that is where I live too.

People post things here so you can use them.. so you needn't ask for permission!

He can. Unfortunately... I can't. :D

I had this Wonder planned for my game as a unique wonder for Carthage, but then I started thinking that Hanno's Voyage would be a better wonder... hmm... what to do! :( Include one or the other... or both?

DP II,

Put in both ... more is usually better. The Double Harbor is perfect for a military or merchant (or both) Wonder. Hanno's Voyage looks to be more of a colony Wonder. Purportedly, Hanno sailed with 60 ships and 30,000 colonists. He founded a number of colonies, but only one trading post. Why not make Hanno's Voyage a colony Wonder that creates a colony ship every x turns? :cool:

Heck, while you're at it, why don't you make THREE Carthaginian Wonders, military, merchant, and colonist. :mischief: The Carthaginians were that dominant on the seas during their time.

@HooDoo
As long as you give credits you can use whatever you want ;)

@Lusikka755
:undecide: Sorry but I can't afford that, I'm not sure but I make at least 30 or 40 news Wonders & Improvements GFX, I will not have the time to post them all separetely.
But if you've downloaded the whole Mod, feel free to take what you need from it. :crazyeye:

@Dom Pedro II
I've already make an Hanno's Voyage wonder for my mod you can use this one if you want :egypt:

Very nice. Is there a more formal name for this wonder though? Double harbor and War Harbor sound a little too generic and not wonderful enough for such.. a.. wonder.
Btw, Does this wonder appear on the city veiw screen? I've given up on making a mod with a viewable city, but I'm just corious if its possible.

Bungus said:
Btw, Does this wonder appear on the city veiw screen? I've given up on making a mod with a viewable city, but I'm just corious if its possible.

Of course, but you have to replace an existing one. If I remind correctly, it's the Hydroplant :rolleyes:
BTW it work only in PTW or Vanilla not Conquest.

Bungus said:
Very nice. Is there a more formal name for this wonder though? Double harbor and War Harbor sound a little too generic and not wonderful enough for such.. a.. wonder.....

"Cothon"

"The ancient artificial harbour--the Cothon--is represented today by two lagoons north of the bay of al-Karm (el-Kram). In the 3rd century BC it had two parts, the outer rectangular part being for merchant shipping, the interior, circular division being reserved for warships; sheds and quays were available for 220 warships. The harbour's small size probably means that it was used chiefly in winter when navigation almost ceased."

Top Bottom