New Unit: Tesla Tank, Comrade (12 OCT 04)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Ever wanted to "Shock" and Awe the opposition? Ever wanted to crush the evil capitalist swine in the name of Mother Russia? Ever wanted a tank that was "all that and a bottle of vodka"?

Well, my friend this is the tank for you. Sporting it's twin Telsa Coil emitters, each of which deliver a nice, crispy 1.8 gigavolts to the target, as well as not one but two twin mounted 40mm side cannons (in case you accidentally blow a fuse). All of this is mounted on a chassis with two 12 cylinder diesel engines that propel this monstrosity at speeds of up to 50 MpH (90 KpH) and generate enough electricity to charge the two 1 farad capacitors that power the tesla array. The best part is that you can have it for the low-low price of 100 billion rubles!

Anyways, Spetsnaz requested this unit for the CFC user's mod, so I decided to do it (I needed a break from all the FF units I was doing anyways). Other purposes this could be used for is a second/alternate UU for Russia (replaces the Modern Armor, but requires Superconductor tech and give it increased attack). It could also be used as one of the units in the Red Alert mod that some people were discussing earlier.

Before I wrap this up, I'd like to thank Muffins for making his Shadowsword tank model publicly available, since the I used that particular model for the main body of this tank, all I did was remove the laser cannon and the original mount for the laser cannon, modify the side cannons, make a new mount and the tesla coil turret, and re-texture most of the model and animate it.

Updated, thanks to Muffins. Now you can download the unit in one easy zip file.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/TeslaTank.zip

Here's the fully animated preview. BTW, the files above include all the sounds and civilopedia icons and the units_32 icon.

order of animations is: fidget/fortify, run, attack A, Attack B, Attack C, Victory, and Death

Attachments

• TeslaFidget.gif
    TeslaFidget.gif
    175.7 KB · Views: 5,700
Cool... :D

Hikaro Takayama said:
Ever wanted to "Shock" and Awe the opposition? Ever wanted to crush the evil capitalist swine in the name of Mother Russia? Ever wanted a tank that was "all that and a bottle of vodka"?

You betcha! :lol:

The tank looks spectacular! I usually can't tell one tank made from another, and therefore don't take much interest in them... but this is easily one of the best tanks, heck, best units I have ever seen :thumbsup:
It truly is unique, and for me is a must use. Great job!

I usually don't like your units at all. This is an exception. Thanks and great work.

Now, where to use it... perhaps the Zulu could use a second unique unit...

Wow, I'm overwhealmed by the responses. I'm glad this unit is so popular with you guys.

Goldflash said:
Yeah buddy! What is next?

My next project will be revealed soon enough. Also, I'll be updating my post in the "MOD Creators Availability List" with my next several projects (in approximate order)

Kinboat said:

I'm framing that one and hanging it up on the wall of my den! :D

muffins said:
This tank just has to have one of the coolest attacks I've seen

Nice job!

Thanks, and even more so, thanks for making your Shadow Sword model available. It would have taken me much longer to do this project without that.

RedAlert said:
You betcha!

The tank looks spectacular! I usually can't tell one tank made from another, and therefore don't take much interest in them... but this is easily one of the best tanks, heck, best units I have ever seen
It truly is unique, and for me is a must use. Great job!

Thanks, so anybody else still working on stuff for the CFC users' mod? I hope that this at least generated some more interest/support for the somewhat lagging mod.

Bungus said:
I usually don't like your units at all. This is an exception. Thanks and great work.

Now, where to use it... perhaps the Zulu could use a second unique unit...

Well, I'm glad you like at least one of my hard-worked projects, but.... the Zulu (my least favorite civ, BTW)? I'm using this bad boy for the Russians, comrade. :) Teach those Zulu backstabbers never to Impi rush me again :evil:

sweeeet :p

Corvex said:
I don't usually download modern units, but this one was too awesome to pass-up!

Thanks I'm really glad you like it. I may consider doing a whole series of "Bond type" units (i.e. wacky, but plausible near-future units). I've just realized that I've actually made 6 units thus far, and I don't have a single normal "real-life" unit among them. But then again, I figure that there's enough RL units to fill 50 mods, so I don't feel a need to contribute to the total. I like the wierder fantasy/hypothetical units. I mean, theoretically, a Tesla tank is possible, but it would require advances that yield better capacitors and superconductor materials for it to really be feasible.

how do i install this mod. and can i use it in civ conquests

nm i got it

Great job ! first i thick u copy the design from red alert 2 tesla tank but its different.
after all nice animations..

I would prefer that it fires lightning.

That's great buddy. I would prefere it fires 100 dollar bills, but as you can see by the thread title it was made a month and a half ago, so it seems pretty moot at this point. Don't revive old posts soley to share your opinion on lightning guns.

Top Bottom