New unit: Hull Destroyer ship (Nov 25th, 2004)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!

Here is an early chaos dwarf war ship - Hull Destroyer (A.K.A. Rammer)

The attack is - regardless of the assumptions - not very 'nasty' :lol: . I like it, and that's why it is the way it is :)

Chaos Dwarf Hull Destroyer

Attachments

• RammerXL.gif
    RammerXL.gif
    17 KB · Views: 2,101
Nice...

I especially notice the very short amount of time between this and the previous unit's completion. That thing looks mean!

Great work aaglo:goodjob:

If only you could make real humanoid models the Chaos Dwarf civ would be conplete in a week!

That's pretty cool, especially the attack animation. I love how little chunks of stuff go flying when that drill thing hits. Neat. Now, to find a use for it... :mischief:

Yoda Power said:
Great work aaglo:goodjob:
If only you could make real humanoid models the Chaos Dwarf civ would be conplete in a week!

What surprises me is that he manages to make perfectly fine-looking dwarfs (and a boar centaur too) that crew his war machines, but he don't make the dwarf units on their lonesome. Is there a reason why, like are humanoids much more difficult to animate than machinery (Well, I guess they are, but that much more difficult)?

Excellent... It's done before I even see the preview :D A little smaller than I thought it would be but then again I didn't see the preview until 3 minutes ago...

Mr. Do said:
What surprises me is that he manages to make perfectly fine-looking dwarfs (and a boar centaur too) that crew his war machines, but he don't make the dwarf units on their lonesome. Is there a reason why, like are humanoids much more difficult to animate than machinery (Well, I guess they are, but that much more difficult)?

:lol:
Well, the reason for me doing the things I do:
- there are more qualified persons with progams better suited for human units (believe me, Pov-ray is definitely not one of those).
- there are things that require crew - like the whirlwind machine (and since PTW, most siege units too)
- I'm not comfortable making human units, since I can't do them as well as I wish I could.

Kinboat said:
...A little smaller than I thought it would be...

Don't worry, I had to leave room for something bigger. And besides, dwarfs ain't that big in the first place... :mischief: :lol:

I don't think the size is a problem if there are larger ships on the way... And it does have a dwarf crew and a big attack... So no worries from me on the size.

The chaos dwarves must have Napoleon complex or something. :lol:
I think the size is just right, this is a very high quality unit.
Now, once again, the question is what to do with it... :mischief:

Top Bottom