Angolan Rifleman

I did this African Rifleman to my Angolan civilization that I'm restoring these days. Its name is Kwanhama and could be used to other African civilizations ;)

Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Kwanhama.zip
Civilization: Angola
Civilopedia entry: The Kwanhama group, belonging to the Bantu-speaking root, established a kingdom early in the XIX century in the vicinity of the border with present-day Angola and Namibia. Kwanhama kings welcomed trade with Europeans, especially with Portuguese and German gun dealers. Feared even by the Portuguese, the well-armed Kwanhama developed a reputation as fierce warriors. Their kingdom survived until 1915, when a large Portuguese army invaded and defeated then.

Icon

Run

Death

Fortify

Victory

Attack

I'm pretty sure he is violating the Geneva Convention with that shotgun. But I like the look and I can definitely use him.

Manny Kant said:
I'm pretty sure he is violating the Geneva Convention with that shotgun. But I like the look and I can definitely use him.

Why the unit is violating this convection? :D BTW, it fought before the WWI I think this convection was signed just after the WWII, am I correct? :confused:

You are right...the convention is a result of WWI...I was just trying to be funny. Obviously not.

[/QUOTE]Why the unit is violating this convection? BTW, it fought before the WWI I think this convection was signed just after the WWII, am I correct?

No...the first Geneva convention was signed in 1864, long before any world wars. :p It's still a nice unit. :goodjob:

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Forget I typed anything about the convention. I like the unit; its a good unit. CivArmy has made many good units and I feel honored that he lets us use them (and also provides a good deal of background information on his units). That's all.

Looks nice :goodjob: just one non-Geneva related comment: Ive noticed in several of your newer units that, in the previews anyway, the shadow disappears in the attack. Is that a problem with the preview or what? :confused:

psycow87 said:
Looks nice :goodjob: just one non-Geneva related comment: Ive noticed in several of your newer units that, in the previews anyway, the shadow disappears in the attack. Is that a problem with the preview or what? :confused:

The attack animation uses a explosion, that is not possible to be done without render the frames (Poser users know what I'm talking about). When I render, the shadow desappear. It is possible to do this render command without the shadows desappear, but I can't do that, cos in this case the pink of the background surfer changes (and generate to me problems with the pallete of the unit). I received several tips to fix that, but untill today I was not able :( , for this reason I'm lauching units with this tiny error :) Bit I'm working to finally fix this :goodjob:

Units without shadow in a animation: Geneva Convention said it is okay :lol:

Bungus said:
WOAH! Hold up! You can't use shotguns in Geneva? There goes my summer...

Yeah. How will I be able to get my hands on a YMCA elmo?

I re did this unit, cos I'm redoing the entire civilization of Angola. New images of this unit on the post number 01*

--------------------------------
* this new version isn't violating the Geneva Convention :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice. :) But I think he's still violating the Geneva Convention. ;)

Think I might use him as an African guerilla unit; how many guerilla's have you seen following the Geneva Convention anyway? :p

Right on, CivArmy! We will always be indebted to you for making units for atypical civs.

Top Bottom