New Unit: Corvette

Orthanc

Shipwright
Fastest, and likely the best unit I've done so far. Here's the much anticipated Corvette!

Same old install, just download, unzip and follow the readme. I didn't make any new sounds for this one, since previously existing ones worked great.

Anywho, this is my early Christmas present, and if I get started soon enough on my next unit that might become another present too.:xmas:

Here's the link:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Corvette.zip

Enjoy!

looks great. Nicely done :)

how many cannons are firing out of that (small?) ship!?

Preview of Run:

Attachments

• CorvetteRun.gif
    CorvetteRun.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 4,626
I defenately like this one better than the cut and paste version of the Corvette.

Orthanc said:
Fastest, and likely the best unit I've done so far. Here's the much anticipated Corvette!

Same old install, just download, unzip and follow the readme. I didn't make any new sounds for this one, since previously existing ones worked great.

Anywho, this is my early Christmas present, and if I get started soon enough on my next unit that might become another present too.:xmas:

Here's the link:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Corvette.zip

Enjoy!

Hey, for a new guy, you're pretty good! Keep it up, and you'll get as much fame as aaglo does here.

Thanks everyone. Now to your questions:

Dom Pedro II and skam0073, I may do some non-western ships, but I'll need just a little inspiration or an idea of what you want before I start. I was originally planning to get right to the Titanic after the Corvette, but I've decided to consider some requests before I start that project.

Rufus T. Firefly, maybe I will! The Sloop would be a sinch to completely redo, since it's got so few sails and cannons. I will put that request into consideration.

nameless53, there are a total of 18 cannons on this ship, so it has a 9 cannon volley on each side (that's what you see in the attack animation).

That's a really nice ship, Orthanc!

Can anybody give me some historical tidbits on when and for what Corvette ships were used?

It looks very good :D

Mithadan, there's two civilopedia entries in the readme, the first one for my mod but the second one is basically a summary of the info I found on corvettes. Also check the second page in the "Unit In Progress: Corvette!" thread in the Creation and Customization main forum for some links and other info on corvettes posted by various people.

Top Bottom