Prussian Cavalry, 21 Dec 2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Just another cav unit. This time Prussian, mid 19th cent. as well if I'm not terribly wrong :)

Some anims are similar to those of the British from yesterday, but I changed the death anim, added attackB and victory anims. Preview below shows the victory anim, as usual it will run faster in the game :)

I didn't test it in the game so far, if there are probs drop me a note, but I don't expect any.....

DL: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/PrussCav.zip (ca. 720kb)

Attachments

• prussiancav_vic.gif
    prussiancav_vic.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 4,580
Yes, Bebro, I like this one alot better. No complaints with the death here. I know you don't like always having the horse not die and the rider just fall off, but when you consider that you units are going into a game with many other cavalry units (all having the horse die in death animation), your death animations are change.
Anyway, the extra upswing attack animation gives it some nice variety during battles. I like the victory animation too.
Thanks and keep it up.
Btw, are you looking for suggestions for future cavalry units? cough cough native americans...

I think they did not use the "Pickelhaube" (pointy helmet) during Nappy's times, and probaly other colors for the uniform, so quite big diffs, but I could be wrong.....;)

This one's even nicer than the one you made yesterday! :)

Great unit

I agree with bungus, some native american or meso-american cavalry would be much appreciated

According to my book (L. & F. Funcken; Orbis) you made a Cuirassier of the Prussian Gardes du Corps of 1870, Leib-Regiment of Kaiser Wilhelm II, traditionaly armed with the Dragoon- and Carabinier Saber Model 54. Very nicely done!!!

Another great unit... The horse is a little too dark for my tastes but then when offset by the mostly white uniform it doesn't look bad at all. Wonderful animations :D

Wow, really nice! (Ain't the contrast between the Prussian helmet and the British helmet on the other cav unit an instructive contrast? :lol: )

Should I feel bad about using a sabre-wielding cavalry unit as a flavour replacement for a fire-arm wielding cavalry unit (i.e., the Vanilla unit)?

Mithadan said:
Should I feel bad about using a sabre-wielding cavalry unit as a flavour replacement for a fire-arm wielding cavalry unit (i.e., the Vanilla unit)?

Not really... Imagine a sabre-wielding cavalry charge into your flank at 65 km/h ... well, you've got one shot free before they hit you, make it count. ;)

Steph said:
I'm betting for Indian Bengale Lancer... Or Algerian Sipahi of the French colonial army

How could you know? ;)

Thx for the comments everyone. For the next time my unit output will decrease a bit due to real life reasons....;)

Top Bottom