New unit: Hobgoblin Wolf Rider (Dec 23rd, 2004)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi, and happy holidays everyone!

Here is a hobgoblin wolf rider. As the name suggests, it's a fantasy unit. Please do note, that the sounds haven't been tested in the game, so there may be some strange glitches.

Here are the files:
Hobgoblin Wolf Rider

Attached is a preview of an animation (Run - quite a bumpy ride, but I'm not good at animating four-legged things :lol: ):

Attachments

• HGRiderDemo.gif
    HGRiderDemo.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 2,117
Love it. Excellent anims (although run may betray unit's povray origins slightly) and great modelling. I really hope we get a couple of additional hobgoblins more (axeman and shaman would be my pick, but I'm not sure if the latter is in key with WH). These are already among my favorite units ever.

Something tells me that's not quite how a wolf runs in real life. But so what? He's got a Hobgoblin on his back - no wonder he's pegging it! Quite a sinister sort of lope, really.

Good stuff, anyway - I have no use for it whatsoever, but I still like it.

Looks terrific, Aaglo. I can't wait for the Chaos Dwarves and Hobgoblins to get added to the Warhammer Mod. Excellent work! :D

this unit is insane!!!!

I think the run looks great... May not be the most realistic one out there but it looks very good and I think it fits in with the 'ingame' runs very well. And who's bothering to notice that the thing isn't running normally when it's barreling into your territory and sacking your cities :D

Excellent unit Aaglo.

Have you considered putting a lance on the hobgoblin and making him a knight unit? The running action of the wolf is very similar to a war horse on a charge. (I don't know anything about the Warhammer universe so I have no idea if such a unit existed or not).

Merry Christmas all.

Misfit

AMAZING!

anychance you can combine this dude, with you spectaculer archer (I love the speed, and "tension" of the bow release) to make a "wolf archer"?

Awesome, now I have a 3rd goblinoid cavalry unit! Nice work :hatsoff:

Xen said:
anychance you can combine this dude, with you spectaculer archer (I love the speed, and "tension" of the bow release) to make a "wolf archer"?
That thing crossed my mind :)

awesome :D I really do love these hob-goblin units- dont get me wrong, dwarves are awesome, but we've been needing some really tough, and mean looking goblins for a long time :D

THAT was done in Pov-Ray?

Awesome work aaglo, how on earth did you make that wolf!? :goodjob:

Top Bottom