New Unit: ANZAC WWII, 2 Jan 2005

BeBro

King of the Krauts
No, it isn't Indiana Jones, despite the hat ;)

It's a WWII ANZAC infantry soldier, armed with an Australian Owen sub machine gun.

DL: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/ANZAC.zip

Preview shows fidget > attack > death. Anims are faster in game.

Attachments

• anzac_fid_att_death.gif
    anzac_fid_att_death.gif
    126.6 KB · Views: 4,182
sweet unit, whats next on your list steph?

Awesome! I've always thought we could use the ANZAC troopers in Civland! Thanks Bebro for yet another example of your craftsmanship... :)

That hat really does make the unit :goodjob:
... Oh yeah, it was BeBro! :D Great unit, nice job!

For those who like the hat, you should try wearing one! They are a bit uncomfortable when new, but once you have bashed them into shape they take on a life of their own. If this bloke was cavalry, from a Light Horse Regiment, he would have an emu feather on one side.

Great work BeBro.

That's a pretty original unit. Did the Aussies military really have wide brimmed hats as part of its uniform? I though that was a crocodile dundee thing... as far as historical accuracy goes, he should definately have a knife instead of that gun.
One thing I notice about your infantry models is that their feet are too small. Or at civ scale, the rest of them is too big. I suggest on future units increasing the size of your model's feet, then scaling the whole thing down a little bit.
Like how he does a face plant in the death, instead of just falling back like in most animations. Nice work overall.

Bungus said:
One thing I notice about your infantry models is that their feet are too small. Or at civ scale, the rest of them is too big. I suggest on future units increasing the size of your model's feet, then scaling the whole thing down a little bit.
Like how he does a face plant in the death, instead of just falling back like in most animations. Nice work overall.
Naw ... the feet look fine. You can't mess with perfection! :D

It just has to have a suitable THWACK!! sound when face meets ground though :D

Steph said:
Treason! A unit that wasn't on my list !!

But I think I can pardon you, it's a very good one!

:mischief: Yeah - I'll return to the list soon....;)

Bungus: yes there are several pics showing them with hats. The Owen sub mg was developed by Australia, and widely used in jungle warfare in the Pacific region during WWII.

Indiana Jones, YEY, now i have a unit to be produced when the unique resource "lost arc" is connected to your city :)

Top Bottom