New Unit: Fluyt

Orthanc

Shipwright
Wow, this unit has been a lesson in several things, unfortunately one of those is procrastination. :(

Sorry everyone this took forever, but now its finally here and now I can finally decide what to do next.

I'll get to that soon, anywho here's the new Dutch unit you've all been waiting for. Everything's in the file, just follow the readme as usual. A note to everyone, I did make the sails a little 'dirtier' as suggested but it might not show to much in the animations due to I think the palette maybe. Anywho I tried, maybe I'll change the palette for the next unit (whatever it may be).

As usual I'm also going to attach a enlarged Civilopedia pic so you know what you're getting ahead of time. Here's the file link:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Fluyt.zip

And the preview is below as should be obvious, enjoy! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Fluyt.bmp
    192.1 KB · Views: 3,754
That looks phenominal :D

This one rocks! Did you somehow export it from "Pirates!"? Looks great.

May I ask for an East Indiaman?

Just another "thank you! arrr!" for this baby. It's a nice alternative to the Galleon, just smaller. About 300 tons defended by only 12 cannons. ;-)

Now imagine the East Indiaman... 700 tons and above, guarded by 300 men and up to 54 cannons... worthy prey for the Privateer and aaglos Pirate Frigate... please make one, Orthanc!

Straight into the Colonize mod with thee, Fluyt. I will scratch it off my list. An East Indiaman would be useful if you care to do another ship so soon.

It's not exported directly from "Pirates!", Ares de Borg, but I did use the design from it.

East Indianman would be the largest version of the Merchantman (in the Pirates! remake that is), and if that's the case it would not be difficult to make since it has a relatively standard hull shape. Hmmm...

Since there seems to be a lot more interset in sailing ships with all this Pirate stuff going on, I've decided on East Indianman as my next project. The hull being standard in shape I won't have nearly as many problems with it as with the Fluyt. But after this I WILL be doing the Titanic. Anywho, thank's everyone for the reviews! :D

Awesome! Ill use it in my Caribbean scen im working on. Your sloop and corvette look great in game too.

My new favorite ship in Civ! (Sorry, Wyrm... ;) )

From left to right, sloop, fluyt, corvette.
Click for a larger picture.

Orthanc said:
Since there seems to be a lot more interset in sailing ships with all this Pirate stuff going on, I've decided on East Indianman as my next project.

Thank you!
:goodjob:

Here are some pictures you might find useful:

This one is a large one, therefore only the link:
Link to picture

Top Bottom