Civ 4 Release - JUNE 1 /2005

Honestly, they usually just make that stuff up.

Damn, I never get the money ready in time :D. Luckily August brings me my birthday .

I've seen websites give a release date for games that haven't even officially begun development, eg. Deus Ex 3, Elite 4 etc.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this if I were you. It's just a way to get people to pre-order so they can get their hands on your money quicker.

No way. This sucks. June 1? They will be rushing so much! The end result? A horrible and buggy and unbalanced game with a million copied stuff from other games. :mad:

No, it should be released on October 12th. That way, most of the bugs will be gone and it'll be out early enough for my parents to buy it for my birthday.

One site has had Final Fantasy 12 listed as being out December 2004, and I believe it still says that.

So I only trust the actual publisher/developer for a release date.

That is totally not true.

I emailed them twice just to "test" their knowledge of things that are going around with the release dates and what I got were simply vague answers.

The game is coming out, as pointed out by the publisher and by Firaxis, at the end of this year, in the fall.

What they have is simply an unrealistic date. If it was indeed the date they pointed out, there would have been a lot more information on the game to build up interest at the appropriate time.

This is how software time estimation works in real life:

1. Boss asks developer for time estimate.
2. Developer feels overconfident and gives short time estimate. :)
3. Boss shortens by 20% and reports to marketing. :D
4. Marketing shortens by 30% and starts spreading rumors. :mischief:
5. Rumors exagerate release date by 50%. :eek:
6. Third parties pick up on the rumors, subtract another month or two, and cite an "official" release date. :crazyeye:
7. Developer curses himself for not tripling his time estimate as he ends up working overtime... on Sundays. :suicide:

Sigh! :shakehead

Brain said:
This is how software time estimation works in real life:

1. Boss asks developer for time estimate.
2. Developer feels overconfident and gives short time estimate. :)
3. Boss shortens by 20% and reports to marketing. :D
4. Marketing shortens by 30% and starts spreading rumors. :mischief:
5. Rumors exagerate release date by 50%. :eek:
6. Third parties pick up on the rumors, subtract another month or two, and cite an "official" release date. :crazyeye:
7. Developer curses himself for not tripling his time estimate as he ends up working overtime... on Sundays. :suicide:

Sigh! :shakehead

ja ja ja :lol:

If I were to hazard a guess I'd guesstimate that it will be released on November 22nd 2005 in the USA.

The Purple Tentacle Has Spoken. Long live Ed's hamster!

This release date seems rather bogus. I can wait until October. =o)

Rule #1 of internet use

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

No one else has mentioned anything other than "late 2005"

As for me, I can wait, I'm still learning CivIII/Conquests, and what few screenshots I've seen so far of CivIV seem pretty underwhelming.

when i get time, i will call ebgames and go to ebgames canada store, and ask what they think, and what there policies is on stating pre-release date, doesn't matter to ask, even through they probaly dead wrong.

Top Bottom