WW2 Japanese medium tank

Chi Ha

Attachments

• Type 97 Chi Ha.jpg
    Type 97 Chi Ha.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 2,581
Thanks!! Great work as always.
I missed this baby for a long time! :goodjob:

jap is simply japanese with out the anese part..
ill call japs japs if i want.. its not a racial term, its a shortning of a word.

Great unit ripptide, I've been waiting for this one! :)

then put a period after the p. Jap. is okay. Jap takes on a racial connotation. I met plenty of Japanese when I studied abroad in Taiwan this last semester, and they don't like being called 'japs'. Don't believe me? then find one and ask for yourself. One racial slur is just as bad as any other.

Vietcong said:
jap is simply japanese with out the anese part..
ill call japs japs if i want.. its not a racial term, its a shortning of a word.
As long as you don't call Germans "Germs", Antillians "Ants" or South Americans "Sammies"... :rolleyes:

Btw. Ripptide- not that I don't love these new units and increasingly better detail you give them, but I must again voice critizism about their scale: This small, early WWII period Chi Ha is the exact same size as your modern (and already oversized) Leo 1C MBT:( is this intended, as in: All tanks to be of the same size?? :confused:

it's a dirogitory word....but of course it is reffering to a certain time in history...But that was the past and I am pretty sure if you were japanese you wouldn't want to be called a jap now would you....don't be dumb and say yes because that is a lie.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
As long as you don't call Germans "Germs"

Well, "Krauts" isn't that funny either... :crazyeye:

PS: I don't even eat Sauerkraut!

Back on topic:

Ripptide, do you have any more asian equipment in the pipeline? More tanks or maybe some APCs?

Ares de Borg said:
Well, "Krauts" isn't that funny either... :crazyeye:

PS: I don't even eat Sauerkraut!
My Gran's got an amazing recipe - with butter, black pepper and kuemmel- deliciously cooked... :p
---

On the other topic, some reference material for those that are still wondering: :)
"The following is a list of ethnic slurs that are, or have been, used to refer to members of a given ethnicity (or, in some cases, nationality, region, or religion) in a derogatory or pejorative manner:"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Zerg
(U.S.) Korean (after the Zerg alien race from the game StarCraft, which is popular in South Korea)
That's almost funny... :)

I like this unit :thumbsup: and will use it to replace Kinboat's Kha-Go in the Rising Sun scenario. What especially appeals to me is the texture. While all your units are modelled very well, some of them are a little too shiny for my taste. But this one is perfect. To some extent I do agree with Winter's comment on the scale, and perhaps there could be a little more items with specific color - buthese are really very minor things.
On a more general note, however, I would like to comment on the sounds. As a general rule I think that if you copy sound files from standard civ units, in this case for instance the attack from the tank and death from mech infantry, instead of just linking to them in the ini file, at least you should leave the original name so that the user doesn't have to look through all possible directories to eliminate redundant files.
But overall - a great job! :goodjob:

Top Bottom