LK95 - Raze Three to Dominate the World V2, mystery civ

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
Difficulty = Deity
Civilization = Random
Map = my standard Pangaea
Barbs = None
World Size = Standard

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (24 hours first choice)
Gozpel (24 hours first choice)
Greebley (24 hours first choice)
Meldor (24 hours first choice)

Sign up requirements: Multiple military wins at deity, and previous wins win crazed deity variants.

=====================

Raze Three to Dominate the World, version 3.
Raze Three to Dominate the World, version 3.
This game is a normal game until we can't add another city to the empire during the expansion phase. Any new city must connect to the empire, and it must claim at least 12 new tiles.

After the expansion phase is over, the variant conditions are active. After we raze 3 cities, then we have the credit to acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty. The razed city credits extend between wars. We may not exceed this count for even a millisecond.

The right to acquire a city doesn't expire. If we have razed 6 cities, and haven't added anymore we can acquire 2 more.

If we lose a city the razed count goes down by 3. It is possible for the count to be negative.

If a city is abandoned we don't add 1 to the right to acquire cities. The only way we can abandon and replace a city is if we already have the right to acquire 1 city.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

RoP Abuse Tactics - Denying resources, blocking key tiles, RoP rape, or other ways to screw-up a civ via the RoP. A scout in AI territory has an explicit RoP and is subject to this rule.

Peace Treaty abuse - If you get concessions from the AI you must wait for the 20 turns to end before declaring another war.

Resource abuse - You can't disconnect / reconnect a resource every turn for the sake of building cheap units to upgrade with excess cash.

Ship chaining exploit - you can move a ship, unload troops to another ship in the same square not using any movement, move that ship, etc. This allows you to ship an indefinite distance, and that is why I consider it an exploit.

The negative science exploit - you can run a huge deficit (-250 / turn) of negative cash with a token penalty of one lost worker / cheap building. If cash will go below zero, the research level must be dropped.

Palace Jump - You abandon the capital city to move the palace to a new location. If you want to move the palace, build a new palace.

Mass troop jumping - You can't give away a give a city to transport a large amount of troops to another landmass.

Worker baiting - You can't spread around and sacrifice workers to an oncoming attack. This is often done to avoid losing real units or cities. This takes advantage of the AI failure to prioritize targets.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation of any kind is prohibited.

2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.

3) You may not declare war on a civ if you are currently shipping cash and / or goods to the civ.

4) Even if not covered under exploits listed, please try not to use tactics that take advantage of holes in the game design.

5) Our reputation is golden - please respect it.

6) Self-research is highly preferred, if it is viable. I would rather invest money in beakers to toward science, then waste it on demands. Minimum research is discouraged unless we have no viable alternatives. This may happen at times such as going for republic early on, or late game to insure we get nationalism.

7) As you probably know barbs are screwed up in C3C. It is preferred that you add the following line to your Civ3 .ini file - noAIpatrol=0. Adding "noAIpatrol=0" to the .ini file turns the annoying patrolling back on for the AIs, but also restores movement to the barbarians.

Arathorn said:
I like this concept and I think I'm ready for a "relaxed" game of Civ3 again. Plus, I've not really played a full LK game and I should. Sign me up if there's an opening.

Arathorn
I put you as first alternate. With Gozpel having PC problems (indefinite skip) I predict you will be in.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe (24 hours first choice)
Gozpel (24 hours first choice)
Arathorn (first alternate)

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Gozpel (24 hours first choice) I suspect NO with PC problems.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Gozpel (24 hours first choice) I suspect NO with PC problems.
Greebley

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Greebley
Arathorn
Open Slot? (first alternate)
With Gozpel on indefinite skip I am dropping him from the list. Arathorn is officially in, and Meldor is the only question mark.

Signed up:
LKendter
Microbe
Greebley
Meldor
Arathorn

This one is full. I will start it today.

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley
Meldor
Arathorn
Microbe

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK95-2150BC.zip

3300 BC
(IT) I frelling hate disease from flood plains.

3150 BC
Japan walks over to say hello. I ship Japan Masonry and Alphabet for The Wheel, Ceremonial Burial and $10.

2670 BC
First contact is made with China. I ship them Alphabet and The Wheel for Bronze Working, Warrior Code and $20.

2310 BC
Orleans is formed, and we have a source of dyes.

2270 BC
(IT) The Byzantines have already completed the Colossus.

2150 BC
Lyons is formed and we have a source of silks.

A new border is found to the south. Greebley can found out who they are.

==========================

Summary:
We pretty much have to go farmer's gambit. It is the only way we won't wind up a 5CCC despite the new version of the rules relaxing the expansion phase.

I have no clue where the horses will come from, but have already snagged 2 luxuries with spare to trade later.

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley (currently playing)
Meldor (on deck)
Arathorn
Microbe

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Leftover raze credit from previous player: 0
New razes from current player: 0
New raze credit current: 0

Raze Three to Dominate the World, version 2.
This game is a normal game until we can't add another city to the empire during the expansion phase. Any new city must connect to the empire, and it must claim at least 12 new tiles.

After the expansion phase is over, the variant conditions are active. After we raze 3 cities, then we have the credit to acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty. The razed city credits extend between wars. We may not exceed this count for even a millisecond

The right to acquire a city doesn't expire. If we have razed 6 cities, and haven't added anymore we can acquire 2 more.

If we lose a city the razed count goes back to zero and we forfeit the right to acquire 1 city. If we had the right to acquire 3 cities, the new count would be 2.

If a city is abandoned we don't add 1 to the right to acquire cities. The only way we can abandon and replace a city is if we already have the right to acquire 1 city.

A picture of the starting empire. Check out the crazy Oasis overload.

Who was the new mystery civ?

=====================

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley
Meldor (currently playing)
Arathorn (on deck)
Microbe

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Leftover raze credit from previous player: 0
New razes from current player: 0
New raze credit current: 0

Raze Three to Dominate the World, version 2.

After the expansion phase is over, the variant conditions are active. After we raze 3 cities, then we have the credit to acquire another one. That additional city can be through any method including from a peace treaty. The razed city credits extend between wars. We may not exceed this count for even a millisecond

If we lose a city the razed count goes back to zero and we forfeit the right to acquire 1 city. If we had the right to acquire 3 cities, the new count would be 2.

Odd, I thought we new 3 civs when I started. I am guessing you mean Russia?

In other words we know Russia, China, and Japan.

Somehow I missed the fact that Japan doesn't know Pottery. We can trade it for HBR at the very least.

Ya, I see what you mean. We met Russia my first turn.

Top Bottom