LK95 - Raze Three to Dominate the World V2, mystery civ

Looking at it I think we have one more credit than I thought. I left plenty for Microbe since he has been short changed twice. I also wanted to leave some room for the Byzantines and Germans to expand into.

43% of the world and the Internet is build. This is one is a wrap, and the only delaying factor will be border expansions.

Signed up:
LKendter
Greebley
Meldor
Arathorn (currently playing)
Microbe (on deck)

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Don't forget the variant rules in the first post.

Raze credit at the start of the turn: +2
Razes from current player: Nuremburg, Kaifeng, Burdigala, Tatung, New Shanghai, Shantung, Anyang, Caesarea, Cataractonium, New Canton, Dyrrachium, Chinan, New Beijing, Ningpo, Tientsin, New Nanking, Paoting, Xinjian, Beijing, Yangchow, Yekaterinburg, Celt city, Kaifeng, Canton, Hangchow, Novgorod, Ratae, Tsingtao, Macao, Orenburg +30
Lost cities / penalty from the current player: New Besancon -3.
Raze credit spent: New Cherbourg, New Besancon (recaptured), New Poitiers, New Toulouse, and New Bayonne. -15
Raze credit at the end of the turn: +14

I am not sure where the +2 mismatch with Meldor occurred.

43 cities, 43% of the world. Credit for 4 more cities plus maybe another half-dozen credits out there. That's still a ways from 66% of the world covered. It might be time for *gasp* peace, to let the AI civs fill in the land to give us more credits for more cities.

Anyway, I got it and hope to get to it tonight.

Arathorn

I do think one war is worthwhile. Declare on Egypt and raze Byblos. It would be a shame to lose Memphis with Leo and Hoover. That would remove the cultural pressure Other than that we can fight a holding action with Egypt. Destroying Egypt may not be a good idea as I think they are one of the two cultural leaders.

(0) 1750 - Evaluate situation. Egypt is cultural leader with 63174 -- not a big threat. Constantinople has over 10K culture, but just barely. That's no big threat. Nobody has built any space ship parts, so that's not a worry.

An awful lot of wars going on. Makes it hard for the AI to get settlers out. Anyway, I'm at +14 credits, so I'll try to get some cities founded ASAP, so we can get some border expansions. I have no worries about population for domination, it's all about land. Will follow the larger-than-OCP plan, to get as many squares as possible with one border expansion.

Mao pays 63 gpt, 84 gold, and his WM for peace. At two cities, all he can do is build more cities to help us with raze credits.

I also wake some MI and let the Germans (and others) into the free spaces. Why not? Their cities become our cities, over time.

(I) YAY! China founds a city. In 20 turns, that's another 1/3 of a city for us.

(1) 1752 - Found New Brest +11. Found New Strasbourg +8. Chop temples. Found New Bordeaux +5.

(2) 1754 - Found New Rennes +2. Will declare on Egypt soon, but just getting everything in order first, to guarantee no surprises when I do.

Up to 44% of land area. But expansions (and double expansions) will help that a fair bit.

(3) 1756 - Declare war on Cleo, simply because she exists. Well, that, and Memphis is a cultural problem. I'm just gonna raze Memphis and Thebes and then leave her alone. Germany's been doing a number on Egypt, so Cleopatra's no longer a real threat, but I don't want any flips on my watch.

Raze Byblos +3, which was defended by 2 regular TOWs. Funny thing is, I get a leader out of the deal. He goes back to rush a factory in one of my new cities. But he can't reach any cities this turn.

Raze Thebes +4, which was a bit of an effort. Germany's blocking rails to the front, so I went without artillery support. Lost a modern armor that way. Oh well, we're making more, all the time.

(4) 1758 - Found Paris 2 +1. Immediately get to work on its cultural buildings -- two expansions will be required to bring in all the squares I hope for it.

Workers, workers, workers, YAWN!

(I) China and Byzantines sign a treaty. Celts take advantage of some open space I gave them and found another 1/3 city credit.

(5) 1760 - Raze Tolosa +2. Thanks, Celts.

(6) 1762 - Boring.

(7) 1764 - Still not enough AI cities.

(I) Germans and Byzantines make peace. Egyptian cities greatly threatened by Germany. Maybe I'll just wipe out Egypt.

(8) 1766 - Elephantine actually had 4 defenders against 3 German potential attackers, but I didn't know that. Raze Elephantine +3.

(9) 1768 - Raze Lindum, +4, of the Celts. They like that spot. Just make sure we don't put too many units away from our Celtic city and we'll keep getting a trickle of credits.

(10) 1770 - Raze Tanis, +5, of the Egyptians. They're down to OCC and unlikely to found (m)any more cities, so I'm just going to take them out. Gives us more slave-merges to do, too.

Raze Alexandria, +6, to eliminate the Egyptians. More slave merges can be done, but I'm not going to do them.

Our peace treaty with Germany expires in one (1) turn. I suggest we trim them a bit. We can pick up a number of razes of their outlying cities. Plus, we should destroy their military. Six razes are easily possible on the first turn. After that, I'd move back away from the front and hope they found even more cities. That will give us 4 new cities to found. With second culture expansions due before TOO long, I think we might well win on Lee's turn. Microbe has a shot.

I got us up to 54% of the land. We have two city credits. There is one settler available. He is in place for where I believe we should found. With more expansions coming soon, we should be OK. There's good space west of the Byzantines, south and/or east of Memphis, and where I have a settler. The line of cities north(west) of China will be expanding again before TOO long and will merge up those borders.

Artillery stack is fortified by Amiens. It's probably unnecessary, but it can be used. Germany does have a fair few troops (23 Mechs, 22 TOWs, a panzer, and a marine), but our 80 MA, many in armies, can eat them up at will, with or without artillery support. Probably for bigger cities like Bonn, you should bring artillery or armies.

I did some disbanding in cities to get buildings up faster. More can probably be done. And merges of Egyptian slaves are safe now. You will also need more settlers. Just change some builds.

BTW, I was going for Robotics, in case anybody wanted to use radar artillery. Hardly matters.

Shouldn't be any more than another 20 turns, at max, in this game. Thanks to everybody!!! My best guess is that it can be done in under 10, if care is taken on city builds and artillery are used for rushing temples/libraries. Problem is that if it can't be done, we're almost SOL if we raze a few civs out of existence.

Arathorn

I think if we continue to place cities so they merge together after the second border expansion, we will be able to get to 66%. We can dispand units to get to 10+ culture quite quickly enough.

I don't think we can lose. The worst would be waiting around for the AI to build settlers. They would eventually do so I think.

preturn: nothing.

IBT Germany and China sign MPP.

(1)1772AD: declare on Germany and we are also at war with China. I probably had some units inside German territory but wouldn't matter.

Raze Salzburg. RC=7.
Found Orlean 2. RC=4.
Raze Brandenburg, Bonn, Dortmund, El-Amarna. RC=8.

Kill many exposed German units.

Raze Ningpo, Yangchow, Beijing. RC=11.
Capture Stuttgart. RC=8. (should have razed)

Kill 5 MIs and 2 TOWs and raze Berlin. RC=9.

(2)1774AD: Raze Alesia with Zeus.. RC=10.
Raze Nemausus. RC=11.

Found Lyons 2, Rheims 2. RC=5.

Raze Munich. RC=6.

Found Tours 2 and Marseilles 2. RC=0.

I declare on Byzantines.

Raze Ohrid, Prilep, Vidin. RC=3.

Found Chartres 2. RC=0.

Kill a LBM and get a leader.

Raze Paoting. RC=1.

Stop razing so AI would build settlers.

(3)1776AD: Get another leader.

IBT we get Laser and Cure for Cancer.

(4)1778AD: no AI settlers. :(

IBT we get Longevity.

(5)1780AD: Byzantine has a settler. :D

(6)1782AD: Germany has a settler too. Start disbanding MAs to build libraries/universities in towns that could get a 2nd expansion in next few turns.

(7)1784AD: Raze Berlin again. RC=2.

Raze Chengdu. RC=3.

Found Avignon 2. RC=0.

We are 62%.

(8)1786AD: We are 63%. We probably don't need to wait too much. 3 more cities and we should be able to reach domination.

(9)1788AD: We are 64%. I think we can go ahead and raze all the remaining cities (but one).

Raze Samosata. RC=1.

Raze Konigsburg, Hannover. RC=3.

Found Besancon 2. RC=0. We are 65%.

Raze Shanghai. RC=1. China is destroyed.

Raze Constantinople. RC=2.

Thanks for a fun game, and I am now not in any SGs. :eek:

Attachments

• LK95-prewin.zip
    310.5 KB · Views: 62
Another win for the LK series despite some of the most horrid starting lands I have ever seen. Just how much jungle and marsh did we have to clear? Not to mention the lack of early productively waiting for lands to develop. We had to build way more then the average number of workers, and that really killed the early economy. That together with the lack of infrastructure was a rough combination.

Nice finish Microbe :D

Ya, it was not an easy game. Agree our lands really slowed our start. I am glad you relaxed the 5 city rule. We would have not gotten the important island at all and the game would have been a real slog through the mud (probably a loss with a run-away civ).

Good game all.

Top Bottom