Updated unit: ME262 (Mar 5th, 2005) (all new files)

Bjornlo

Deity
Like most new unit creators, I was not entirely happy with my first (and so far only completed) unit. I tried to improve it a bit. I hope I succeeded.

Click to download

Changes to Version 2
------------------------------

Slight changes to animation.
Longer (better scale) engines.
Updated units paint job.
Changed death sequence to make parachutist more constistent in all angles.
Changed exhaust from just smoke to smoke + fire.
Changed attack from mostly smoke and muzzle flash to include tracer rounds.
Other minor cosmetic changes.
Added additional (alternate) Civilopedia icons.

---
Why another ME262b unit? There are two (or maybe more) already. The one by Wyrmshadow is simple too large. The scale of the craft is that of the largest bombers. The other one I found (from TVA22) has no civ-specific coloring, and is covered in Nazi logos. And so would only be appropriate to a Facist Germany.

This ME262b is based on the unit by TVA22, which was in turn based on the stock Civ3 fighter. My changes to TVA22's work is probably greater then his changes to the original unit, but I wanted to give him credit for the base unit.

This unit includes

Civilopedia Icons
Units32 icon
Animation files
Sound file
Civilopedia.txt content
Pediaicons.txt content

This is my first unit. I originally set out to a modern Machinegunner as my first unit. Well, as I'm sure you can all imagine, that went rather badly. Things that breath are harder then things that don't. So since I also wanted the ME262, and wasn't satisfied with what I could find, I did this.

I'm not sure I'll be making alot of units due to my lack of a good 3d modeling program. This unit (and all its files) were made in Photoshop. Yup, 1 frame at a time by hand. So while I'd like to think the quality isn't bad for a first effort, I'd also have say that this method of unit creation is slow and tiresome.

I hope you find this unit interesting.

Civilopedia Icon

Unit Preview

Original files for comparison:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=112977

Drivebymaster said:
WOW pretty good

but the bullets seem to go down.....but ohh well good job

Boogers. You're right. I'll have to fix that. Simple fix. I'll just open the FLC and move the location of the bullets that are near the edge of the frame up a few pixels. Thanks for spotting that. I can't believe I missed it.

I think I'll work a bit more on my Jeep first. I'm sort of stuck on the death animation. I have the default, run & most of the attack done. I know what the fidget will look like (and it won't be too hard). But the death...

Drivebymaster said:
but the bullets seem to go down.....

I fixed the lazy bullets. The zip file (linked above) now has an updated attack flc where the tracers in the SW and SE angles now fly straighter. The preview does not reflect this change since I haven't had the time make a new GIF.

How do you get this into the game??? i tryed putting it into the art ..units folder but diidnt work ..plz help

Top Bottom