New unit: Boulder-bomb (Mar 10th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here is a cruise-missile -type unit: Boulder-bomb :) . It's not very fancy unit, but hey - it's only a boulder. Enjoy :)

Here are the files:
Boulder Bomb

Attached are previews of some animations and civilopedia
...AND updated ini-file.

Attachments

• BoulderCivilop.gif
    BoulderCivilop.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,209
  • BoulderDemo.gif
    BoulderDemo.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,907
  • updated_boulder_ini.zip
    483 bytes · Views: 427
Nice. :) I thought I saw someone asking for one of these earlier, so I'm sure they'll be delighted. Definately a nice thing to add to your stone-throwing giant.

I believe Plotinus was the one who asked for it.

so is this a majic boulder that floats around until impact, or do we assume it was lobbed or catapulted in the heat of battle?

Unique idea, I would say it floated around till it found a target.

joeskip said:
so is this a majic boulder that floats around until impact, or do we assume it was lobbed or catapulted in the heat of battle?
I assume it was flung by a silk enrobed, 5'6-and-a-quarter parapelegic unicorn rider with a purple cantalope-shooting grenade laucher. Its a purple cantalope inside a boulder shell, designed for maximum penetration.

Yes, it was I who requested it, and when I saw Aaglo's Stone Giant model I asked if he could do the boulder as a stand-alone unit as well. And many thanks to him, as this is just the sort of thing I needed, and very nicely done! I love the smash.

I got the idea from the Falasha, who appear in the scenario I'm working on. During their frequent clashes with the Ethiopian imperial authorities, they would fight a guerilla war in the mountains, plateaux, and passes of the Abyssinian highlands. They often holed up on a mountain and, as the imperial troops tried to head up the slope to fight them, they would send huge boulders smashing down on them. So I thought this would make an interesting and different sort of weapon. I will make the boulder immovable (so it stays where it is built) and a one-shot only Cruise Missile-style bombard weapon.

I'm now working on a way to incorporate paraplegic unicorn riders into medieval North Africa. It may be tricky but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Thanks again, Aaglo!

Top Bottom