ASW Helo

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
Here's a unit I decided I wanted in my game, an ASW (Anti submarine Warfare) helo. Now, I would recommend setting it up in the editor as follows:
Air unit, rebase, bombing, operating range 2, moves 2-4, load, radar, detect invisible and tactical missile.
Now the ship you want to carry it on should have the following checked:carry only air units, carry only tactical missile, unload, transport capacity-whatever you want.

BTW, I didn't make the model for this one, just did the animating.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/ASW_Helo.zip

Attachments

• Preview 01.gif
    Preview 01.gif
    280.3 KB · Views: 2,006
Here are the ini, sounds, unit32 and pedia cons.

Attachments

• ASW Helo Files.zip
    292.2 KB · Views: 348
sweet! I love finding ways to use as many different helicopters as possible in my mod.

This particular model I used is a Seaking. I wanted to find a SH-60 Seahawk (naval version of the Blackhawk), but I may have to build my own model for that one.

Doesn't having both the 'carry only air units and ccarry only tacticle missile' flags cancle each other out?

vingrjoe said:
This particular model I used is a Seaking. I wanted to find a SH-60 Seahawk (naval version of the Blackhawk), but I may have to build my own model for that one.

I thought it looked familiar...

Love your sig by the way..

vingrjoe said:
All you need to do is ask. I have more models than I know what to do with.

Great unit vingrjoe. Is the ini fully functional? I have had some problems using it. When I open the ini it is written in some kind of computer programming language. Does the format need to be changed to make it work? Others have told me elsewhere that an ini should be readable in english. I realise this is not the only cause of my difficulties as I am essentially computer illiterate and have all sorts of problems trying to add a unit to C3C but it would be good if I could rule the ini in or out as one of my problems! Thanks.

A) thats not a "programing code" its just standard English
B) all the sections are labeled ([Speed],[Animations],[Timing],[Sound Effects])
C) If the INI is faulty on a unit released 2 years ago, someone would have mentioned it
D) Why dont you try reading a tutorial on adding units?...The INI has little to do with adding the unit to the game...
E) if you havent been able to add units to your game, what makes you think the INI wouldnt be fully functional?...

I have d/led the unit to check it out, and Yes the INI is in english, and the unit works fine...

Thanks for checking that out Spacer One - it's good to know the INI is functional. I followed Colonel Kraken's tutorial when trying to add this unit but with no success. I might try again. The INI, when unzipped, to my computer was not in English - could I send you a copy to see what you think please?

I added it at last! You can follow the epic saga of my struggles to add a unit in the main creation and customisation page in the thread "help" started by empireme.

Top Bottom