NES2 IV - Hundred Years Past

das

Regeneration In Process
NES2 IV - Hundred Years Past

And here is another NES. I can only promise you that I hope it will work well.

DO NOT POST UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN!

Setting

This is set in a completely different world... as if you didn’t get that already. Napoleon lost at Austerlitz, as the Russian soldiers saw through the mist at Prezten Heights, and pushed back the French. Teached well by this defeat, Napoleon soon reversed by allying with Russia and effectively carving up Europe into spheres of influence. Russo-French alliance would yet bring down the Ottoman Empire in the War of Turkish Partition and the Washington Pact nations (USA, CSA, Quebec, Mexico, Central Americas) in the Monroe Doctrine War. Yet now, the friendship of Romanovs and Bonopartes is coming to an end. The world is currently in peace, but as new weapons of war like none before emerge from the laborotories, the three great powers of Britain, France and Russia look set to tear each other apart with them, and the lesser powers look in envy and plot to take the place under the sun for themselves, to break the Tri-Way Balance which existed for a hundred years, ever since Austerlitz and the secret Treaty of Prague.

Hundred years of history different past, the tensions are rising. Now is the moment when you can take a nation and use this opportunity to keep and/or make it great.

For your usage, each nation has a national background.

Introduction

The fourth NES of this series has come, and, IMHO, though there were some unpleasanties at various moments in and after the previous NESes, it was all much better then many other NESes I could mention, so anyway, this series has by now became a fundamental part of the community, IMHO, and I feel obliged to continue it.

Please read all rules, there were quite some changes.

TEMPLATE
Nation Name
Capital:
Ruler:
Government:
Tech. Level:
Army (Training):
Navy (Training):
Air Force (Training):
Industry:
Economy:
Education:
Culture:
Confidence:
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background:

Players, stories, orders, countries, NPCs, updates, map, invitations.

Players - no limit. Anybody can join unless he can't.

Stories - not necessary, but very encouraged. Good story-writers would get bonuses based on their stories. In the immortal words of stalin006, “storywriters get random events!”. Or something like that.

Orders - orders in a list. Please, not only stat-based and military orders - I encourage innovative solutions of various problems, like attaching AT mines to dogs, removing swamps and rainforests in massive programs, making government reforms and many other such. There will also be projects and technologies - the local analogs of wonders, but more about that later. Please note that what I need is PRECISE orders. VERY IMPORTANT: I need to know, in military orders, the location and missions of ALL of your forces. Those forces you do not mention will be considered undeployed and will not do anything no matter what. Also, you should be sure to remember to say the numbers, because if you don’t, I will determine it randomly. MUWHAHA!

Countries - pick a NPC, create your own (tell me where and tell me some details - ruler, brief history, culture - and I will give you the stats) or start a rebellion or demand for independence. Note that these are not bound to succeed. If your country is in dire straits, you can switch country or flee and establish a “government in exile” and lead the resistance movement. Also, please read your nation background, and don’t act uncharacteristically for it.

If two or more players claim one nation and all of them really want it, they are encouraged to start a civil war and try to outrule the other player’s ruler.

NPCs - lol, considering they’re NPC, I will play them, kinda. Same as the NPCs in all other NESes of late - but don’t expect them to roll over just because they’re NPC. As I’m the one playing them - fear them (almost) as much as PCs! ;)

Updates - Updates come on WedNESdays, yet the orders have to be sent in for Tuesday. Where I live the deadline for orders is 0:00, GMT it should be 19:00, apparently, and I don't know nor want to know what time it should be on the western coast of North America (which is where I know for sure there are at least three NESers of note). Updates will consist of “military events”, “other events” (mostly domestic, but also foreign), “random events” (random events - people who write good stories get good random events, often related to what they’re writing about. And there is also always a “bad” random event for a random nation), “spotlight” (a more detailed description of something that happened) and “ooc” (OOC comments and death threats).

Map - I will use Jason's with NK's modification with das' modification (hopefully). Anyone is welcome to do that, though. I will put in cities (black circles), fortifications (line of black squares) and dissent areas (white area within nations). Some might want to know that a large light gray circle means a nuke.

Invitations - Duh. Everybody is encouraged to join, but especially the people from my past NESes. To make a list (in no particular order):
- das,
- das,
- das,
- Jason the King,
- Stalin006,
- Capulet,
- Toteone,
- North King,
- Insane Panda,
- alex994,
- Erik Mesoy,
- BananaLee,
- conehead234,
- erez87,
- Reno,
- Azale,
- Real Goober,
- Sheep2,
- Sgt. Hellfish (if he ever comes back),
- Ice Eye,
- JosefStalinator,
- Gelion,
- tossi,
- das,
- das,
- das,
- etc.

Ofcourse, these mentioned here are the "established" members of the NES2 community - and even then, those whom I remember immediately. There are others, who too are encouraged to join.

Government

Government - is your form of government. Now note that I DON’T want the “Sheep2’s Oceania” syndrome in this NES. Or Sheep2's Russia, for that matter. You are free to change your government, and explain it how ever do you want, but that can piss off followers of the previous governments, and might lead to nation-wide riots. Or a civil war, depending on what mood I am in. In other words - change governments at your own risk.

Nations with democratic forms of government (Parliamentary Monarchy, Democracy, Republic, maybe some more later) are quite unique in that the player orders are reviewed by the parliament (me) and the parliament then states its objections, if any. If there are no objections, then I don’t send any such review PM. If no changes were made to the orders after objections, they will not be carried out at all. OFCOURSE, the ruler might send the parliament’s opinion… somewhere else, and go on with the plan, but will the army follow him? And besides, such an action will probably either result in a parliament-led coup or in a civil war.

Technology Level

Will use the age system. It is the same as in other NESes of other people, ofcourse the ages are not identical. This begins in the Late Industrial Age. Once someone reaches Enlightenment education, he becomes able to randomly to get the next age at any following turn. When he does, he loses two education levels. However, note that there has to be a decade - AT LEAST - of distance between age growth.

Late Industrial Age: trenches, cavalry, ironclads, early machine guns, early automatic rifles, arctic explorers, etc, etc.
Early Modern Age: early tanks, early planes, better machine guns, armored trains, heavy non-rocket artillery, grandships, U-boats, poison gas, outemperors.
Middle Modern Age: advanced tanks, advanced planes, mechanized infantry, rocket artillery, primitive nukes, space satellites, total wars, professional genocides and ruler impersonators. And whatever you people think off by then.
Late Modern Age: guided missiles, stealth planes, early robots, modern armor, ICBMs, advanced space programs, night-vision, Internet, NESes. See above.
[insert something about what the future holds here]

Military

That will, as of now, consist of army, navy and (very soon, but not from the start) air wings. These will be number-based as it gives more versatility. These will be represented in divisions, ships and air wings respectively. What will you have in it? Anything that is allowed by your tech. level! Infantry, cavalry, artillery, engineers - you name it. Each “stat-growth” will increase any part of military by 5.

Using advanced tactics and strategy is advised. If you just order “attack enemy on the border with 10 divisions”, I will think that you order me to launch a mere charge at the enemy. That might work, but rarely. Also note, that you should always say HOW MANY TROOPS are WHERE and doing WHAT. I can accept orders about "the army doing the same as before" or "the rest of the military - same as last turn", but better to just explain in detail the slightly above.

Note that you should ALWAYS remember about logistics. They may not be in the stats, but fighting in territory with poor infrastructure (you can ask me about those, but mostly common wisdom is enough) will be hazardous to your troops, as will fighting without an adequate supply line. Also, a larger force is harder to supply properly then a smaller one, and it is also harder to deploy in time and to coordinate, so in most cases, a smaller, but better-trianed force can be much more efficient then a larger one.

Mercenaries - if you pay an economy level, you will get 10 divisions of well-trained fighting men. They will be separated from your own battalions in the stats, and will leave after two turns, unless you pay them another economy level. Yes, they are expensive, but they are quite worth the price. Btw, you can also hire “mercenary” ships that can also act as privateers. However, though the Black Armies are still allowed, they are much harder to keep secret.

Conscripts - you can conscript your population, 30 conscript divisions per turn. Note that they will fight poorly, though, and after you have over 30 conscripts, new ones are likely to damage your industry somewhat.

UUs - one per nation, but can be changed at any point (though the newly-“demoted” UU units will not be happy). I will keep a list of them, somewhere. Could be land, sea, or air. They will be separated from other divisions/ships/air wings in the stats. They are grown as normal units. Remember to keep them REALISTIC.

CAUTION: The mod still is obsessed with the concept of crack teams of polar bear commandos raiding other people’s supply lines and unprotected flanks in tiny Faster-Then-Light helicopters. So if your troops failed to advance despite not encountering sufficient resistance, ignored a cease-fire, didn’t arrive to where they were supposed to be at all or suffered unreasonable casualties, know that you fell a victim of these fellows. ;)

Training - it is done in levels. There are separate training stats for army, navy and fleet, and it is grown with eco. points. UU is assumed to be one level higher then the average training level for its branch, conscripts - one level lower. If your army grows too quickly, there will be a chance of training level lowering.

None - Rabble - Semi-Rabble - Tolerable - Normal - Good - Very Good - Professional - Elite

Economy and Industry

I'm going for a major re-vision here. Economy is your overall economy, basically the money that your nation makes. But money isn't everything - the industry is your industrial powerbase. Economy is done in world-levels, industry in numbers. There are eco. (economy) and ind. (industry) points. Eco. points are determined by the eco. level and can be used to grow miscelannous stats (i.e. culture, education, confidence) or industry (two eco. points = one ind. point). Ind. points can be used to grow military stats and economy (six ind. points = one eco. level). Please not that you don't SPEND eco. or ind. points, they are replenished at the beginning of each turn. You can't trade ind. points, but it is easy to lose them as you lose industrial regions (ask me what your industrial regions are, or rely on common wisdom) - you can, however, trade eco. points and eco. levels all you want, BUT major eco. growth in little time might often be too much for your economic system to handle. Note that there is no limit for industrial growth, while after Monopoly eco. growth can go on as well - in that case, it will go to Monopoly+# (+5+#). But, the higher your economy is, the more there is corruption... You can sacrifice eco. levels (two per turn maximum) to get 6 eco. points for each, or you could sacrifice eco. to speed up a project. You can't grow one stat more then twice per turn, not counting the military where for each branch the limit is four times, not counting conscription and volunteers.

ALWAYS specify whether you mean eco. points or levels in your orders. "Eco" I assume to be eco. levels unless there is specification.

Eco. levels can also be grown by using some very innovative ideas or by gaining a lot of new USEFUL territory.

Eco. levels:

Depression (-2)-Bankrupt (-1)-Recession (-1)-Very Poor (0)-Poor (0)-Normal (+1)-Good Enough (+2)-Rich (+2)-Very Rich (+3)-Richest (+3)-Economic Powerhouse (+4)-Monopoly (+5)

Education

This is just how your people are... educated, I guess. Obvious enough. With a good education, you have better chances of receiving a “miraculous invention”. It also affects just how advanced are your weapons, and thus the success of your army in a battlefield.

Once someone reaches Enlightenment education, he becomes able to randomly to get the next age at any following turn. When he does, he loses two education levels. However, note that there has to be a decade - AT LEAST - of distance between age growth.

None-Dumb-Illiterate-Tolerable-Literate-Educated-Well Educated-Academic-Enlightenment

Culture

This is how culturally strong, patriotic and unified your nation is. A nation with a strong culture is less likely to fall into a civil war, and it’s people would resist most invaders and otherwise help their government. This also influences army morale. A weak culture is unlikely to be as resistant to outside threats, there are often rebellions and defections. The higher your culture is, the higher are the chances of assimilating less militant minorities.

None-Divided-Untrusting-Average-Strongly Cultured-Patriotic-Hyperpatriotic-Jingoist-Uberpatriotic

Confidence

People can be fiercely unified and patriotic, but they will not necessarily like their ruler - in fact, a strongly cultured nation with little confidence in its leaders can, in its cultural unity, lynch the rulers and fire their remains from cannons. Into the huge pot filled with boiled sharks. Not that the rulers will care by then... You can grow confidence by economy (propaganda), but wouldn’t it be easier to write a speech or persuade the people that you are the leader they need?

Lynching-Hateful-Resentful-Barely Tolerating-Tolerating-Respecting-Admiring-Loving-Nation Personified

Projects

Local equivalent of wonders (that name is inappropriate in most NESes, as these are often modernization programs, national revival and other PROJECTS, not just huge and magnificent buildings). You tell me what it does, I tell you how long do you build it and how many ind. points have to be invested for full speed (project time will increase if you decide to give only a part of the required sum). You don’t have to mention it is being worked on every turn. You can sacrifice an econ. level once for a project to speed it up by two turns (but now you can do that as often as you want, but not more then once per turn).

A project takes # of stat growths+2 turns and ind. points, BUT in Economic Powerhouse you only get #+1 and in Monopoly and beyond mere #. You can have only one project at the same time.

Technologies

A bit like projects, but you need to invest eco. points rather then ind. ones, and you can't speed them up. Also, here the various TECHNOLOGIC projects, from armor-piercing shells to nuclear bombs, go. You can always try to invent something that was invented later in OTL, or you can, if giving me a good reason why this should work within your current technocapabilities, invent something which was never invented.

A technology takes the amount of turns determined by the distance from the current technologic knowledge base (determined by the mod), but if your education is higher then Enlightenment, it takes 1 turn less, and if higher the Enlightenment+5, it takes 2 turns less. You can have only one technology at the same time.

Intelligence

Many people here already are using that, and I think that those who didn't learn how to use it should be told now, anyway. You can always PM me and ask me for intellegence information - like rebel groups, military positions, etc. However, the information you receive might - not be received at all, received not fully, be unaccurate, be downright lies. In your orders, you can order to spend more eco. points into counterintellegence/disinformation, which decreases the chances of your enemy's success in espionage.

Fortified Lines

It usually takes several ind. points to build fortified lines, depending on terrain and lenght, and the intended strenght level. Again, just ask me for the info.

Complaining to the Mod

If you have complaints to the mod, jump out of the window of a nine-floor building, die, meet Polarbearum and tell him that he is an idiot (which he isn't).

Other then that, ofcourse, you can complain to the mod about his mistakes. The mod will listen. Whether or not he will do something about it is unknown even to me.

Nation Background

Some may think I stole this from EQ, but I got that an idea once, long, long ago. I know noone is likely to believe that, lol...

To better fit in as the ruler of your country, you will have a brief history of each country. It will change as the NES goes, TIME TO TIME - after the end of a major era, such as the beginning/end of a world war, rise/fall of an empire, and other such.

You can always ask questions about your nation’s past and present. Please, do role-play and remain IC.

PCs:

Republic of Quebec
Capital: Quebec
Ruler: ?/Jason the King
Government: Republic
Tech. Level: Late Industrial Age
Army (Training): 10 divisions (Normal)
Navy (Training): 5 ships (Good)
Air Force (Training): none yet
Industry: 3
Economy: Good Enough (+2)
Education: Well Educated
Culture: Hyperpatriotic
Confidence: Respecting
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Independent ever since 1815, Quebec was initially heavily pro-French, but, as time went by, commercial interests brought it closer with USA (or its remnants after the DIW). In the Monroe Doctrine War, Quebecois fought Frenchman, yet Quebec was spared in the peace treaty, only forced to accept the French gains in Mexico and Central America.

United States of America (USA)
Capital: Detroit D.C.
Ruler: President William McKinley/conehead234
Government: Democracy
Army (Training): 40 divisions (Normal), 30 conscript divisions, 15 Marine divisions
Navy (Training): 30 ships (Very Good)
Industry: 10
Education: Educated
Culture: Patriotic
Confidence: Barely Tolerating
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: The Canadian War (1812-1815) was a great American triumph, but the Dixie Independance War (1850-1853) split the country in a half. The Monroe Doctrine War (1862-1871) was a hard-fought defeat for USA and its allies, despite reconciliation with CSA, and USA was since then, along with its allies, seeking revenge against France, Russia and Britain (the latter just for a good measure).

Imperial Brazil
Capital: Fortaleza
Ruler: Emperor Paulos Braganca/Texas Toast
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Army (Training): 25 divisions (Good), 19 Jungle divisions
Navy (Training): 10 ships (Tolerable)
Industry: 5
Economy: Normal (+1)
Confidence: Loving
Projects: Shackledown (secret) (1/3)
Technologies: Birdsong (3/6)
Nation Background: A nation as big as Brazil could hardly survive in the turmoil of post-1815 South America. In 1828, amidst major rebellions, the emperor himself was captured and Brazil lost its southern half. Since then, several inconclusive wars were fought between the two Brazils; now, Imperial Brazil is a British ally. It is ruled by the Braganca Dynasty.

United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Portugal (UK)
Capital: London
Ruler: King Edward VII/Azale
Government: Parliamentary Monarchy
Army (Training): 31 divisions (Very Good), 22 Foreign Guard divisions
Navy (Training): 78 ships (Very Good), 1 dreadnought
Industry: 14 (1/2)
Economy: Richest (+3)
Education: Enlightenment+1
Culture: Jingoist
Confidence: Admiring
Projects: BIR (SECRET) (Done!)
Technologies: Thunder (Done!)
Nation Background: One of the three great powers, Britain is the Whale, the Queen of the Seas. The British built for themselves a great colonial empire, despite the losses in North America in late 18th and early 19th centuries. Now, Britain is waiting for Russia and France to attack each other; however, the British face numerous problems with the emerging national identity of Ireland, Natal, India and Java (for example). Is "ruled" by House Hannover (and thus has claims on Hannover).

French Empire
Capital: Paris
Ruler: Chancellor Georges Clemenceau/Insane Panda
Army (Training): 66 divisions (Professional), 30 conscript divisions, 20 Garde corps
Navy (Training): 69 ships (Good), 14 dreadnoughts
Industry: 15
Economy: Very Rich (+3) (1/6)
Education: Enlightenment
Culture: Jingoist
Confidence: Nation Personified+1
Projects: Europe Nationale (SECRET) (1/7)
Technologies: Cuirasse (Done!), Grimbeavaul (2/3)
Nation Background: France was the strongest continental European power throughout all of New History (Russia being the only exception). But before 19th century, France was prevented from achieving greater glory by various coalitions. However, in 1805, after conceding defeat at the hands of yet another such coalition, France finally found a good ally - Russia, with the help of which France at last built a great West European empire, extending into America and Africa. But now, the Russo-French tensions are rising... Is ruled by the Bonaparte Dynasty.

Spain
Capital: Madrid
Ruler: ?/Dachspmg
Army (Training): 22 divisions (Normal), 20 special revolutionary divisions
Navy (Training): 13 ships (Normal)
Industry: 2 (1/2)
Culture: Strongly Cultured
Projects: Basque School (+1 Confidence, +1 Culture, less Basque nationalism) (2/5)
Technologies:
Nation Background: Once great, Spain is now a shadow of its former self. The French came and placed their own ruler, taking Catalonia for themselves and turning Spain into a puppet state. The remnants of the Spanish colonial empire are rapidly falling apart - in fact, in 1901 Spain had to sell Cuba to the CSA due to the massive rebellion there. It is currently ruled by the Bonoparte Dynasty.

Scandinavia
Capital: Stockholm
Ruler: ?/Sheep2
Army (Training): 15 divisions (Good)
Navy (Training): 25 ships (Very Good)
Industry: 6 (1/2)
Economy: Richest (+3)
Education: Enlightenment
Projects: Economic Project (+5 industries, +2 Economy) (4/9)
Technologies:
Nation Background: Since the Great Northern War, the Swedish star was falling, lower and lower, and it seemed that Sweden was doomed to be a Russian puppet state. Yet, the Napoleonic Wars changed all that, as Marshall Bernadotte became the first Emperor of Scandinavia, uniting it by diplomacy and war alike. Eventually, he maneuvered Scandinavia out of the Russo-French alliance and into pro-British neutrality. Now, Scandinavian is a prospering British ally. Is ruled by the Bernadotte Dynasty.

Rhenish Confederation
Capital: Kassel
Ruler: Friedrich von Bonoparte/Grandmaster
Government: Federational Monarchy (French puppet)
Army (Training): 35 divisions (Very Good)
Navy (Training): 5 ships (Good)
Projects: German National Revival (+3 Culture, +1 Education) (2/6)
Technologies:
Nation Background: Formed by Napoleon I in the aftermath of Prussia's defeat at the hands of France and Russia, the Rhenish Confederation is yet another French puppet state, and a fairly decentralized one, too. Is ruled by numerous local dynasties and the Bonapartes.

Kingdom of Italy
Capital: Venice
Ruler: King Umberto I & Prime Minister Georges Sorel/Reno
Government: Parliamentary Monarchy (French puppet)
Army (Training): 9 divisions (Normal)
Navy (Training): 8 ships (Semi-Rabble)
Industry: 2
Economy: Very Poor (0) (2/6)
Projects: New Rome (+3 Industry, +2 Economy) (3/7)
Technologies: The Floating Fortress (3/4)
Nation Background: Though Napoleon I was an Italian, he felt himself to be a Frenchman, and thus Italy - or the parts he did not annex, anyway - became a French puppet state, if a somewhat favoured one. Yet by now, it has no such priveleges, and a rebel movement is strenghthening. Is currently ruled by the Murat dynasty.

Kingdom of Poland
Capital: Warsaw
Ruler: Kazimierz Czartoryski/Tossi
Army (Training): 20 divisions (Very Good)
Navy (Training): 5 ships (Normal)
Economy: Normal (+1) (1/6)
Projects:
Technologies: Semi-Automatic Rifle (Done!)
Nation Background: Whilst it seemed that Poland's days were over in the year 1794 to many, very few serious political observers thought something like that was possible. Indeed, Alexander I (of Russia)'s pro-Polish sentiments only sped up the process of Poland's revival. Poland in 1807 was freed in the Prussian and Austrian parts of it, even if its pre-partition status of... pro-Petersburg stance continued. Recently, there is a rising German separatist movement. Is ruled by the Czartoryski dynasty.

Kingdom of Serbia
Capital: Belgrade
Ruler: ?/Gelion
Government: Absolute Monarchy (Russian puppet)
Army (Training): 10 divisions (Normal)
Navy (Training): 0 ships
Education: Tolerable
Projects:
Technologies: Flame-throwers (2/6)
Nation Background: The plight of the Serbian people was finally noticed by the Russo-French alliance leaders in 1822, when they attacked and destroyed the declining Ottoman Empire, freeing Serbia amongst other lands. Serbia is a good Russian ally. Is currently rulled by the Karageorgevic dynasty.

Russian Empire
Capital: St. Petersburg
Ruler: Tsar Nicholas II/Stormbringer
Army (Training): 89 divisions (Very Good), 25 RMCs
Navy (Training): 70 ships (Normal), 20 SECRET
Industry: 9
Economy: Monopoly+1 (+6) (4/6)
Projects: New Russia (SECRET) (3/6)
Technologies: Caesar (2/4)
Nation Background: Ever since the days of Peter I, Russia was rising to greater and greater glory. In 1805, it was Russia that saved Austria from defeat at Napoleon's hands. In 1807, however, it was Russia that allied with France and partitioned Europe with it. Since then, Russia was a good ally for France, and vice versa, both profiting much from their alliance. But now, there is no profit in it left, and the tensions are rising... Is currently ruled by the Romanov dynasty.

Indian Rebels
Capital: none yet
Ruler: ?/North King
Government: Socialism
Army (Training): 6 divisions (Good), 4 mercenary divisions, 10 Red Guard divisions
Navy (Training): none yet
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: After the abortive rebellions in mid-19th century, Indian nationalism was largely suppressed. But as the 20th century begun, nationalist and socialist Indian movements grew. It was up to the latter to lead the latest rebellion...

Qing China
Capital: Beijing
Ruler: ?/Toteone
Government: Divine Monarchy (Russian puppet)
Army (Training): 60 divisions (Tolerable), 13 conscript divisions, 20 Qing Avenger divisions
Navy (Training): 17 ships (Normal)
Industry: 13
Education: Literate
Projects: Rebirth (SECRET) (3/6)
Technologies: Guernica (3/6)
Nation Background: As 19th century began, the Taiping Rebellion forced the Qing Imperial forces out of much of China Proper. This horrible blow to imperial power, which was only saved by timely Russian assistance (at the cost of having to adopt a very much pro-Petersburg policy) had the hidden blessing of opening the eyes of the imperial family to how bad everything really is. This prompted it to modernize and strengthen itself, dismissing past conservatism and arrogance (to a certain extent). Is ruled by the Qing Dynasty.

Siamese Empire
Capital: Bangkok
Ruler: ?/Blackheart
Army (Training): 10 divisions (Good)
Navy (Training): 10 ships (Normal)
Economy: Good Enough (+2) (2/6)
Projects: Blacksmoke (+1 industry) (Done!)
Technologies:
Nation Background: Unlike many, many, many other Southeast Asian nations, Siam was ruled by a king (Mongkut) who was wise enough to realize that the foreigners were a) strong and advanced and b) not necessarily hostile. So he allied with them, or namely with the British who by then were the only colonial power left in the region, and, miraculously, Siam not only endured but also became a British ally, and a very good one as well. Is currently ruled by the Chakri dynasty.

Japanese Empire
Capital: Tokyo
Ruler: ?/Communisto
Government: Divine Monarchy
Army (Training): 30 divisions (Very Good)
Navy (Training): 30 ships (Good)
Industry: 3 (1/2)
Education: Academic
Confidence: Nation Personified
Projects: Land of the Rising Sun (+2 Economy, +1 Culture, +5 divisions, +10 ships) (2/8)
Technologies: Submarines (Done!)
Nation Background: Japan was for long times in self-enforced isolation, until the coming of Admiral Bellingshausen's Russian expedition which opened up Japan. Since then, the island nation was, in exchange for recognizing Sakhalin as Russian, propped up continuously by Russia, and became an important Russian ally, only waiting to be unleashed against Britain. Is ruled by the same dynasty it was ruled by for about two thousand years.

NPCs:

Confederated States of America (CSA)
Capital: New Orleans D.V.
Ruler: President Theodore Roosevelt
Army (Training): 21 divisions (Tolerable)
Navy (Training): 20 ships (Normal)
Industry: 6
Economy: Poor (0)
Education: Academic
Confidence: Tolerating
Projects: Dixie Mobilization (+10 UUs, +5 divisions, +10 ships) (5/7)
Technologies:
Nation Background: From its birth, USA was a house divided, not just by the economic models but also by political issues. It was only natural that when, in 1850, statehood was granted to California and Alberta, the south of USA seceded and after a well-conducted three-year war gained independance. Eventually, CSA reconciliated with USA, and they stood together in 1862. But the MDW was a failure, and CSA's fleet and economy were in ruins after it. With American help, the CSA has rebuilt and too seeks revenge.

Platine Republic
Capital: Porto Alegre
Ruler: Caudillo Simeon Mevara
Government: Military Dictatorship
Army (Training): 30 divisions (Professional), 30 conscript divisions, 10 Andean Avenger divisions
Navy (Training): 10 ships (Normal)
Industry: 8
Economy: Normal (+1) (4/6)
Projects: Sanctify (+3 Economy) (2/5)
Technologies:
Nation Background: Brazil was from birth a nation divided. In 1828, the republican rebels and Uruguayan separatists in the south joined forces and marched far north, capturing the Brazilian emperor who ransomed himself out by offering humiliating (for himself) peace terms. This was the birth of "South Brazil" or "Platine Republic". It is a good French ally as well.

Peruvian Empire
Capital: Lima
Ruler: Juan III Guzalas
Army (Training): 50 divisions (Good)
Navy (Training): 15 ships (Semi-Rabble)
Economy: Very Rich (+3)
Education: Tolerating
Culture: Uberpatriotic
Projects: Peruvian Railroad Network (+2 Economy) (Done!)
Technologies: Wasp (2/4)
Nation Background: Formed during the chaos of Peninsular War in Spain and the abortive revolutions elsewhere in South America, the Peruvian Empire was built by Spanish opportunists and the local military. It is a good French ally. It is ruled by the Guzalas Dynasty.

Argentinean Republic
Capital: Buenos Aires
Ruler:
Army (Training): 5 divisions (Tolerable)
Industry: 1
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Argentina, the first newly-independent nation in the 20th century, has great economic potential. Alas, it has a lot of problems with popular dissent, and with greedy neighbors...

Empire of Austria
Capital: Vienna
Ruler: Maximillian Ferdinand I Hapsburg
Army (Training): 40 divisions (Good)
Economy: Good Enough (+2) (5/6)
Projects: Revival (SECRET) (3/5)
Technologies: Apollo (Done!), Eugene (1/2)
Nation Background: In the 18th and 19th centuries, the might of Austria was in decline. The Hapsburgs, once near-masters of Europe, by 1905 were reduced into a de facto Russian puppet rulers, with no fleet and growing French-incited Hungarian separatism. And yet... Maybe Austria could yet revive the former glory of its rulers, one way or another. Is ruled by the Hapsburgs, obviously enough.

Kingdom of Greece
Capital: Athens
Ruler:
Army (Training): 10 divisions (Good)
Navy (Training): 10 ships (Good)
Industry: 4
Economy: Rich (+2) (3/6)
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Despite being initially (after 1824, when the Ottoman Empire collapsed) a French puppet state, Greece in 1878 made a decisive shift in policies towards Britain, with whom it is currently allied. Is currently ruled by the Kapodistras dynasty.

Free Coast
Capital: Liberia
Ruler:
Government: Socialism
Tech. Level: Early Industrial Age
Army (Training): 0 divisions (Rabble)
Navy (Training): 4 ships, 1 dreadnought
Economy: Very Poor (-1) (1/6)
Education: Dumb
Culture: Disunited
Confidence: Hateful
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Free Coast, a small nation created by USA as a homeplace for freed slaves, after DIW it became fully independant under USA and CSA protectorate. It is the only free nation in Africa, but, as the protectorate status was removed after MDW, it is likely to fall to whoever notices it first. In fact, it is likely to accept foreign domination without a fight.

Persian Shahdom
Capital: Teheran
Ruler: Shah Jaman Shervanis
Tech. Level: Middle Industrial Age
Army (Training): 10 divisions (Tolerable)
Navy (Training): 15 ships (Normal)
Economy: Normal (+1) (4/6)
Projects: Modernization (+1 Age) (2/8)
Technologies:
Nation Background: Persia, once - long ago - was a great empire, several times in fact. Now, one could barely call it that, but should Russia and/or France be crippled in the inevitably-coming war, perhaps Persia (a loyal British ally) could profit greatly... Is ruled by the Qajar dynasty.

Khanate of Afganistan
Capital: Kabul
Ruler:
Government: Tribal Despotism
Army (Training): 15 divisions (Semi-Rabble)
Economy: Poor (0)
Education: Illiterate
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Afghanistan is a backwards Central Asian nation, which only stands out due to escaping Russian or British conquest. Incidentally, that's because it is a British ally. Is currently ruled by the Barakzay dynasty.

Taiping China
Capital: Shanghai
Ruler: Hung Hsiu-ch'üan
Army (Training): 19 divisions (Semi-Rabble), 32 conscript divisions
Navy (Training): 11 ships (Tolerable)
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Whilst much more patriotic then its northern counterpart, South China is suffering from overpopulation, backwardness and constant shortcomings of government policies make it hardly a worthy enemy for its northern neighbors as they are now... It is, however, on good terms with Britain. Is ruled by the Taiping Dynasty.

Misc.:

Wars:

The Indian Rebellion: UK vs. Indian Rebels
Sixth Taiping War: Qing China vs. Taiping China

Alliances:

Monroe Doctrine Pact: Quebec, USA, CSA.
Whitehall Convention: UK, Imperial Brazil, Greece, Persia, Afghanistan, Siam.
Paris Block: France, Peruvian Empire, Platine Republic, Rhenish Confederation, Italy, Taiping China.
Gatchina Treaty Alliance: Russia, Spain, Poland, Austria, Serbia, Qing China, Japan.

NAPs:

Freecoast-British NAP
Russo-British 1905-1912 NAP
Russo-French NAP
British-French NAP

Diplomatic Agreements:

UUs:
USA: American Marines: amphibious attack troopers
CSA: Confederate Ranger Corps: dragoon-type unit, leaning more towards infantry
Brazil: Jungle Troopers: jungle-specialized elite troopers
Platine Republic: Andean Avengers: elite mountain troops
UK: Foreign Guard: soldiers from all over the British Empire. Very loyal.
Russia: RMC: elite Russian light artillery
Italy: Desert Trooper: specially equipped and trained desert troopers
SECRET: Secret Secret: secret at secret secret secret, secret secret. Secret.
France: Garde Corps: elite self-sustaining combined arms corps.
India: Red Guard: good at raising rebellions and organizing guerrila movements. Gets reinforced by the locals. Fast.
Qing China: Qing Avengers: fanatically loyal troops.

Scapegoat-for-the-turn: alex994, Capulet and many others for leaving

Thou hath passed the test of patience, people of NES Forum.

You can begin now!

WORLD MAP 1905

Attachments

• NES2 IV 1905.gif
    NES2 IV 1905.gif
    93.7 KB · Views: 655
Meaning that you can post, ofcourse.

Story:

The shells blew up immediately, the shrapnel was flying in all directions. Josef von Dunkelheit laughed maniacally. He needed to restrain himself no longer. The nuclear war with DCA left both Europe and North America in smoldering ruins, just like the last time actually, but the OTHER Dunkelheit was gone... and that was all that mattered. Japan was still resisting, but CGE forces were quickly consuming all other territory, with the help of certain new allies...

---

De Gaulle watched by as the last group of men passed through the portals. Alas! If not for the Pandaren backstabbing, victory could have been achieved... But the Pandarens turned on their French allies, pursuing their own plans of world conquest. The only satisfaction was that the Polar Bear offensive caused the Pandarens to evacuate from this dimension as well.

He was the last to go through that portal. A brand new world awaited him.

---

MARCHING THROUGH GREENLAND

The rows after rows of Polar Bears advanced through the snowy landscape. Singing their war-songs, they seemed quite happy and bloodthirsty. The intense war march was played by a special travelling orchester from another dimension.

They needed to reach Portal 335, through which they could renew pursuit of De Gaulle. He was not going to get away...

Suddenly, someone opened fire from in front of them.

"Ambush!" - roared a polar bear, and fell as a piece of shrapnel hit him.

Death of a Polar Bear. Tragic...

The penguins reloaded their automatic rifles and fired again.

"Charge!" - roared General Grembargerren, and the two armies clashed.

General Grembargerren.

---

As the world exploded amidst the nuclear exchange between CGE and the Polar Bears, and the Penguin Overwarlord prepared to attack Ireland, urgent news reached Berlin. Abyssinia, the last independant nation of the world, switched to Divine Parliamentary Totalitarian Communism. The ongoing civil war has just got five more factions involved.

And then the world collapsed, but von Dunkelheit and Polarbearum retreated to other, different dimensions to gather their forces for the next round. But, for now, NES2 IV World was safe from those two. For now...

Organization? You mean, like in terrorists? Maybe, maybe, depends on what you create. Technically, I do have an organization role I would like someone to fill...

I posted before you edited the map in.

Now what are you talking about? ;)

Look at the time of my post and the time of your edit.

This must be some evil conspiracy. WHAT edit? :lol:

Btw, I'd appreciate it if people tell me their ruler names.

Taiping China
Capital: Shanghai
Ruler:
Army (Training): 20 divisions (Semi-Rabble), 50 conscript divisions
Navy (Training): 5 ships (Tolerable)
Economy: Rich (+2)
Education: Illiterate
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Whilst much more patriotic then its northern counterpart, South China is suffering from overpopulation, backwardness and constant shortcomings of government policies make it hardly a worthy enemy for its northern neighbhours as they are now... It is, however, on good terms with Britain. Is ruled by the Taiping Dynasty.

I'll take these guys...

Top Bottom