New units: Phantom warrior & beast (apr 28th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here are two units requested by Drift: Phantom Warrior and Phantom Beast. They look quite unique and strange :) Enjoy :)

Here are the files for the phantom warrior:
Phantom Warrior (~672 kb)
Here is attack animation preview:

Here are the files for the phantom beast:
Phantom Beast (~704 kb)
Here is attack animation preview:

update by drift
Here are paradrop animations (reversed death anim) done by drift.
Paradrops

Attachments

• PhantomBeast&Warrior.gif
    PhantomBeast&Warrior.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,680
Achnasheen said:
So you made snowmen for drift but you won't do any of my requests?
Exactly :rolleyes:
You want reasons why I haven't done your requests? I don't know if I have to give to you them, but here goes anyway:
- your requests of whinny orcs are a bit... silly, since it seems to me that some orcs done by embryodead are of that kind
- embryodead has done those lotr orcs too
- night goblins... it's just not very likely that I'm going to do more of those, but there's a slim chance I could do netters some day

That's all I remember of your requests for now :) . Other reasons for not doing your requests include:
- the number of requests I sometimes get can be quite large.
- such has been the case recently.
- i like beefy orcs better :p ;)

Aaglo doesn't like trolls apparently.
IMO the warhammer trolls look too silly :) . Besides, I can see by just looking at a picture of a troll, that no matter how much time I would spend modelling it, the unit just wouldn't look very good in the end :sad:

They are just too weird for him and their weirdness he cannot handle.
Yep - and your spamming this thread really does not help the issue.

Achnasheen said:
They are just too weird for him and their weirdness he cannot handle.

Achnasheen, let me ask you a question. Keep in mind I don't care what you answer or if you even do. The question is for you to consider.
Have you ever in your (and I'm guessing here) short life ever gotten what you want by being petulant and whiney?
Aaglo does what he wants. What is does is a favour to us all. Be grateful that he gives his cool animations to us to enjoy. Being a pain and a bother to all is not going to help you get what you want.
I love Aaglo's units (like everyone here). But do you see me whining to have him make more of my favorite type? no!
Am I missing a few units I would dearly love to have? Of course I think we all are. But that does not give us the right to try and annoy those who give us gifts just because it was not the one you were most anxious to see.

@Aaglo
Ok, I understand about the trolls and its a pity. About those nightgoblins...I asked you to do that but I didn't intend you to create a new unit, I just wanted one of your goblins with a sword and a shield :). If you don't want to do those either it's ok with me :).
Your units are great and I couldn't ask for more, I just feel lucky sometimes and ask you for those that I would like to see. Like Bjornlo said I am grateful for your units and I really don't want to be a pain in the....:)

Bjornlo said:
Achnasheen, let me ask you a question. Keep in mind I don't care what you answer or if you even do. The question is for you to consider.
Have you ever in your (and I'm guessing here) short life ever gotten what you want by being petulant and whiney?
Aaglo does what he wants. What is does is a favour to us all. Be grateful that he gives his cool animations to us to enjoy. Being a pain and a bother to all is not going to help you get what you want.
I love Aaglo's units (like everyone here). But do you see me whining to have him make more of my favorite type? no!
Am I missing a few units I would dearly love to have? Of course I think we all are. But that does not give us the right to try and annoy those who give us gifts just because it was not the one you were most anxious to see.
Dear Bjornlo,

I was being only semi-serious with Aaglo there, since we're friends and all.

So are you saying i sound and act like a 12 yr old, Bjorn? wow thanks for working in those insults there.
But, yeah i am most grateful unto Aaglo for posting his units/models here.
anyway, my petulantance was not meant to be taken seriously, it's just hard to be serious when there's snowmen involved.

edited

Scytale said:
@Aaglo
Ok, I understand about the trolls and its a pity. About those nightgoblins...I asked you to do that but I didn't intend you to create a new unit, I just wanted one of your goblins with a sword and a shield :). If you don't want to do those either it's ok with me :).

and me here, well Aaglo i just wanted one of your delicious orcs with a sword and a shield, but beefed-down just a bit ..but if you don't want to do those either it's perfectly ok with me and i won't make too big of a fuss.
Im not talking about making a lotr orc; rather a classic WH orc back in the good old days of WH, before they got overly beefy and mighty.
Sorry for spamming the thread

Speaking of Requests:

Could someone post what the Phantom Warrior and Phantom Beast look like In Game?

Excellent, just what I wanted. :) Good animations, I especially like the deaths with the units fading away. Extremely cool sounds as well.

Pieces of Master of Myrror II are falling into place... ;)

Hmm, this thread seems a little bit thin on posts purely congratulating Aaglo on how incredible these units look, so I figure I'll handle that:

Those units are great!

Thanks Aaglo

By gum aaglo, you've done it again! :D

Top Bottom