New Unit: The RMS Titanic

Orthanc

Shipwright
First version is done!

And there was much rejoicing:

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Thanks goes out to everyone who put in their say, and their jokes in the preview thread, and special thanks that's included in the readme file goes to aaglo, who created the formula used to move this thing during its death animation.

The first version is painted exactly like the original vessel, the second version will be more like a military version, painted in greys. The second version isn't done yet, so once it is I'll edit this post and add its file and preview as well.

Here's the zip:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/RMS_Titanic.zip

Attached is a preview of the death (sinking) animation:

Attachments

• TitanicDeath.gif
    TitanicDeath.gif
    69 KB · Views: 4,247
looks great.

@Goldflash
I think it was a combination of the water filling only the bottom part of the stern first and the bow having not fully seperated and so as it went down the wreckage tugged the stern to full vertical before seperating completely. That is actually how it sank.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Yeah... where's the iceberg? :lol:
But really: this is an awesome unit! Thank you very much! I will find good use for it in my mod... possibly as a "bonus" unit generated by the "Blue Ribbon" Great Wonder, with "Transports foot units" ability.

Yeah, its solely a transport since there's no attack animation. It's probably best placed as the transistion between the Galleon and the Transport, and should carry ALOT of units (it is the TITANIC after all).

yup, am very much in favour of larger unit numbers being carried- the AI will rarely make invasions via ship, and if so its usually one ship- so, the larger the hold on board, the more fun and challenging the gaming experience :)

Top Bottom