New Unit: The RMS Titanic

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
one question tho- how will the military version differ from a peace-time liner version in its stats?? After all the Britanic wasn't armed or sth.
The Britannic only served as a hospital ship, and was unarmed. However, the Olympic served as a troop transport and was armed with a "12-pounder gun on the forecastle" and two 4,7" guns on the poop deck. So, as a troop transport the Titanic would have probably been armed as well (hospital ships weren't armed as they were made safe by international agreements. I'd presume the same agreements forbade them to carry weaponry).

It doesn't necessarily have to be different, but if you wanted to put both versions in the same mod I guess the military version would have even more transport space, maybe go a little faster and maybe have an attack, but there won't be any attack animations made so you'll have to get creative if you want that.

Woo-Hoo Orthanc! Thank you very much for making this infamous vessel. I've always thought that the great transport ships of the steam age deserved to appear in Civ. Now we have the icon of the era! (A few months ago I posted in a request thread that I hoped someone would create this unit. My patience payed off.) Much appreciated! :)

I plan to use this as an Industrial Age transport with the Transport Foot Units Only ability. I think it will work out quite nicely that way.

Someone convince them to hardcode a percentage chance to hit an iceberg.

Where are the Leo diCaprio and Kate Winslet lookalikes that jumps off the boat as the last part sinks? Is the death sound "My heart will go on"?

Enough stupidity from me, so...

Oh, and nice work :)

The preview is always lower quality than the actual flic, which looks considerably better in this case. If you're talking about what you see in the actual flic, I'm guessing your talking about the part right after it splits in half and the stern falls to the water. The process to make that happen isn't exceptionally smooth, unfortunately there really isn't any way to change that simply due to the nature of POV-Ray. It bobs a bit when it's back at horizontal becuase the equation moving it goes through two complete changes, which aaglo set up and work about as good as I can imagine them working.

Is there any way to make the sinking animation take a long time...like maybe 10-20 seconds. That would be dramatic.

MeteorPunch said:
Is there any way to make the sinking animation take a long time...like maybe 10-20 seconds. That would be dramatic.
sure... only that everytime you sink one of these it would take as much... and that gets pretty boring after the third time u watch it... :rolleyes:

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
sure... only that everytime you sink one of these it would take as much... and that gets pretty boring after the third time u watch it... :rolleyes:

Not if Celine Dion is singing in the background!!

"Near...Far...WHER-E-VER YOU ARE" :mischief:

Shouldn't it snap in half when sinking and you should make people jump of.Mabye not that would probably be to extreme. but at least show kate winsolit (ignore spelling please) drowning (i Know it never happened but it would make me happier.

:confused: Um, it does snap in half during the death sequence, which was finished a while ago now. Sorry to dissappoint you, but this unit isn't likely (ie: 1/1000000 odds) to be changed any, ever.

Chill out, Nesh. You're needlessly bumping threads all over the place! You don't need 300 posts anymore for a custom avatar.

Showing Kate Winslet drowning would make you happier, that's real mature ...

Top Bottom