Boloman: Unit of Phillipines

I did this unit for my Filipinos civilization, under construction in the main creation forums ;)

Boloman
Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Boloman.zip
Civilization: Phillipines
Civilopedia entry: Boloman is the name of the guerilla warfare which fought against USA when Filipino turned territory of this nation after Spain has lost some of its territories in the American-Spanish War.

icon

Run

Attack

Death

Fortify

Victory

The Philipine Insurrection is one of those wars that is lost to history. When the United States took over the islands from Spain, there was almost 10 years of guerilla warefare in the jungles. One of my Military History professors in college wrote a few books on the subject. I think I read somewhere that over 100,000 Filipino insurgents were killed.
Good unit

Wyrmshadow said:
One of my Military History professors in college wrote a few books on the subject.
may i ask his name? i spent a full yr researching this war and read a ton on it...and yes, it is a lost war in that sense.

this is a great unit CivArmy. thanks for making it.

---Army of Liberation Infantry???--- :love:

I'll be damn if I remember his 1st name but his last name was Lin. Tall bald white prof, not asian, despite the Chinese sounding name.

Wyrmshadow said:
I'll be damn if I remember his 1st name but his last name was Lin. Tall bald white prof, not asian, despite the Chinese sounding name.
ha! Brian M. Linn is his name...fantastic books. i read them all.

i used several of them for my sr thesis on the Philippine Insurrection.

wow, small world...sorry to spam CivArmy!

Yup, that's the one. It was Linn. Very good teacher for his basic classes, but EXTREMELY demanding when I took his advanced classes. I never got a chance to read his books because he usually assigned 60-80 pages a night in other books. He had good stories but he tended to lecture for the entire class length with only 5% of what he said would wind up on his exams. His tests were pretty straitfoward: Tell me everything you know about subject A. Every few weeks he'd get called away to lecture at West Point or the Army War College. I had a Naval History prof (Bradford) that taught at Annapolis for 15 years, and everything he lectured on or assigned to read always ended up on his exams.

If you want to read some more history on the Philipine Insurrection, do a search for the 23d Infantry Regiment on google or metacrawler. You will get some good information. Also, you can get more if you go to the US Army's Institute of Military Heraldry website and read about a couple of the 23d's soldiers who got the Medal of Honor there. 23d is one of the most storied regiments in the Army and fought extensivly there. In fact, its seal bears several symbols that reference it.

Top Bottom