SW7 - losers of the world unite!

soul_warrior

Termite!
SW7 - losers of the world unite!
roster full? waiting for a starter!!!

this is a game of loser CIVs. we will play the civ NOBODY EVER plays, PORTUGAL :eek:.
against whom? the other top 3 losers (TBD)*
these can be a choice of other losers like Honest Abe, or LOSERS like GERMANY, ROME and JAPAN.
AI Agression = MAX
level - emperor (feeling like an easy, quick game)

variant? the lamb living with the wolves
whomp quoting Sirian said:
Variant Rules

Government: As the lamb, you must operate from representative government. Only Republic and Democracy are allowed. Despotism is allowed, of course, until you obtain Republic tech, but never to return to it after that. Monarchy and Communism are strictly forbidden.

Workers: No slaves allowed. You may never ask for workers and you may not build any foreign workers or settlers. Captured workers must either be merged into a city of your choice or given back ASAP. They may not do any work and must be sent to the goal-city as fast as possible. If you decide to give them back you must do so as soon the Civ is willing to talk to you. You may ask for some exchange for the worker but if the AI refuses you must give them back for free. You decide at the moment you capture the worker if (and into which city) you want to merge them or if you want to return them. If none of your cities can take the worker you must return him.(This can mean very short wars).

War: Under Anarchy: no upgrading and none of your units may attack. Under Despotism: no upgrading, and you may not attack outside your cultural borders. Also, no war declarations allowed. Under Republic/Democracy, you have a free hand -- within the limits of what your people will tolerate, of course.

Cities: No razing. No abandoning (not even with Settler/Worker build). No starving. If you can arrange tiles that a city would not starve you must do so.

Science: You must be in Democracy before you learn Mil. Trad. or your first industrial tech (whichever happens first). You may later switch back to Republic.

Strategy: You may pursue any victory condition. If warmaking becomes part of your plan, by choice or through AI aggression, you will have to be very careful about holding your government together, as you may not attack during anarchy. If you do collapse, you will have to face the weariness all over again when you come out of the revolution, so be careful

wins- we will see later.

world - TINY, 70%, Pangea, random weather.
barbs random
respawn OFF, SGL off.

roster
soul warrior
dag (reserved as a tiny world game, see i keep some of my promises)
--whomp
--Own
--stephan hoyer
--Iroquis Plisken

free starter, just to throw some monkeys into the works here.
I.E. anyone that posts a "I GOT IT" and posts a 20 turn game within 12 hours of said post, gets his credit! and we start with his starting turns.

so check out the save down below!

also comment on my mix cd are welcome....

I promised not to add anything but since it's tiny....Can I? Can I?

Sirian came up with a funny variant I thought would be fun since it fits us...
I cleared this one for space..

Holy Cow it's Soul Warrior's birthday! :bday:and lots and lots of :beer:
Maybe this Sirian variant would be better....

Scenario Concept: What happens when you toss a lamb to the wolves? Let's find out! You will play ???? under some variant restrictions, with your start point placed in the center of the Pangaea, surrounded by militaristic rivals.

Variant Rules

Government: As the lamb, you must operate from representative government. Only Republic and Democracy are allowed. Despotism is allowed, of course, until you obtain Republic tech, but never to return to it after that. Monarchy and Communism are strictly forbidden.

Workers: No slaves allowed. You may never ask for workers and you may not build any foreign workers or settlers. Captured workers must either be merged into a city of your choice or given back ASAP. They may not do any work and must be sent to the goal-city as fast as possible. If you decide to give them back you must do so as soon the Civ is willing to talk to you. You may ask for some exchange for the worker but if the AI refuses you must give them back for free. You decide at the moment you capture the worker if (and into which city) you want to merge them or if you want to return them. If none of your cities can take the worker you must return him.(This can mean very short wars).

War: Under Anarchy: no upgrading and none of your units may attack. Under Despotism: no upgrading, and you may not attack outside your cultural borders. Also, no war declarations allowed. Under Republic/Democracy, you have a free hand -- within the limits of what your people will tolerate, of course.

Cities: No razing. No abandoning (not even with Settler/Worker build). No starving. If you can arrange tiles that a city would not starve you must do so.

Science: You must be in Democracy before you learn Mil. Trad. or your first industrial tech (whichever happens first). You may later switch back to Republic.

Strategy: You may pursue any victory condition. If warmaking becomes part of your plan, by choice or through AI aggression, you will have to be very careful about holding your government together, as you may not attack during anarchy. If you do collapse, you will have to face the weariness all over again when you come out of the revolution, so be careful

thanks a lot mates...
MANY :beer: tonight :evil: , :vomit: is :nono:.

i think we will go with whomp's (sirian's) second variant

in the den of the lions! we are the appetizer...

whomp and own, you're in....
only ONE spot left....
first come, first serve :beer:

*as i dont feel like going editing, i will pick - the nazi's, the fascists and the imperials as our rivals, and set thhier agression to max.

will roll some starts so we can choose.

I like 3. It's a little isolated in the SE.
We probably don't need coastal on pangea so sending the settler NW gets the river, 2 bg's, wheat, coast and some forest. It makes sense to have the worker start in place. It looks like we could get more coast with a 2nd city.

Start two has possibilities as Own says.

lurker's comment: Portugal, losers? I believe the last Portugese SG I participated in resulted in a 360AD Domination win at Emperor (and AWE's been won with them as well).

If there's still a spot open, I'll join. I've never played a succession game before but I've done lots of lurking (read through at least 8-10 threads). I've won Demi-God three times and am in the midst of my first Diety game (looking fairly promising). All were with better civs that Portugal, though :D. I don't think (or at least hope) I would not be much of a liability.

#3 looks like a nice start, although that's tundra by the looks of it off to the SW. Except for fresh water #1 would be great but #2 looks decent, too.

Welcome Stephan! You may be aware we're a little :crazyeye: if you've read any of our SG's so you are required to accept our wackiness.

Stephan Hoyer and Major Idiot (btw I miss AK) for #3
Grasshoppah says #2
Funky Punky and the original Blind Rat?

lurker's comment: Wish I could sign up, I'm still one or 2 SG's too deep already. I'd vote #2 if I could, though.

:bday: SW ! What does that make you, 35 older than I ;) :lol: :p
Whomp said:
btw I miss AK
Stuff is going well for him job-wise, so I'm content to think no news is good news from the Admiral. And I'm getting a liking to wiping the academy's floor with the toothbrush. You get used to it and he provides the roof ;)

Looking back over the starts, I don't have much of a strong opinion. #2 and #3 both look okay to me. #3 is better food wise (but only +4 food max), #2 is definitely better for the cash.

I can accept the wackiness :).

Well, guess I missed out on this. :(

Happy Birthday, SW! :bday: [party] :band:

Will culture flips be on? If so, I sense a lot of them (although I haven't read the second set of rules yet, so maybe that makes things easier...).

EDIT: Oh...those WERE his rules. :lol: You had already edited your first post...

stephan and IroP, welcome aboard, if you want too.
with this i declare thisroster closed!!!

by unanimus consent... (well, me being unanimous) i declare start 2 our official start.

and just to through a wrench in the works...
first post, first start... meaning ANYONE!!! even lurkers!!!!!!
just post a I GOT IT and post within 12 HOURS (yes, thats 12 hours!!! mmove it, buster!!!!)
save is in post #1.
* just to make sure! i mean ANYONE. i dont care about your paly level, nor your race, just play these 20 turns with an " I GOT IT " post!!!
oh, and the official roster -

IroP
Stephan watchamacallit?
whomp
Qwn
soul_warrior

you want in?
just ask!

Oh, so I can join. Cool. :)

I DON'T Got it. No time tomorrow, probably. (besides, I'd like to see what would happen if a lurker took this :hmm: )

And personally, I prefer start 3, but whatever. ;)

Someone pick up. If not I will try to play in 2 1/2 hours if I can (50/50). SGL's?? Guess we have them in the demoPBEM so we may as well try them out.... :rolleyes:

I see we have full on 'Slinger mode for Soul Dude!! :cool:

Top Bottom