Minoan Galley (sep 16th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
Here is a Minoan galley, which was requested by Arne. Enjoy :)

Here are the files:
Minoan Galley (~503 kb)

Here are some animation previews:

Attached is a civilopedia preview.

Attachments

• MinoanGalleyCivilop.gif
    MinoanGalleyCivilop.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,674
Tis a fine seafarin' vessal..

Hey aalgo, I now you mostly stick to sailing ships, but ever consider doing a steam boat? Something in between the galleon and the transport?

Wow! It's looks wicked, I love the big axe. But now what am I s'posed to do with the other wicked Minoan Galley you made back in the day? :lol:

Thank you all :) - my pleasure :)

@Mithadan,
what other minoan galley? I don't remember doing such... I've done egyptian galley, phoenician bireme, greek and roman trireme... uuhhh, do you mean that minoan war transport (with the bull sail)? Well, use that as a war galley, and this more like a transport ship then ;)

@Bungus,
I've done a couple of steamships. A paddlewheel ironclad and steamtiger (they're listed in the link at my signature, under ships-category)

...do you mean that minoan war transport (with the bull sail)? Well, use that as a war galley, and this more like a transport ship then
I've suggested both be used for the evil nations in LotM. They have an intimidating look to them without being too Warhammerish for Tolkien :)

Minoans, weren't they the ones that had a settlement on the island of Thira, that got blown up and is mostly blamed for the Atlantis myth?

Oh and uber boat as always.

@Sword_Of_Geddon

Toe to toe with my mentor? Well they do say that competition is the prime cause of advance, we'll see once the Ragnarok is done (funny, Ragnarok means essentially "final battle" in Norse mythology). I had plans to do Metal Gear Ray and Rex, but I find the sea calling me lately...

aaglo said:
@Bungus,
I've done a couple of steamships. A paddlewheel ironclad and steamtiger (they're listed in the link at my signature, under ships-category)
I was thinking more like a transport rather than a war ship. Something that could upgrade to transport. I'm think Wymeshadow and a maybe a couple others did something comparable, but you've probably supplied half the naval units in my game (and Orthanc a few too), so it'd be nice to have a coal burning transport in the same style.

This unit isn't that exeptional for you aaglo, I almost think fraxis might have a chance of doing something nearly as good :goodjob:

Aaglo,
what about the Roundship in the Medieval. The huge transport ships used by the Normans to transport there big horses.
I don't think anyone made such a ship. The Cog has been made but I think the roundship was before the Cog.

Many website can be found on this type of ship, so I'm sure you can find inspiration in bunches. The Roundship would be a nice advancement between Galley/Vikingship and the Cog/Carrack/Caravel ages for northern europe.

Cemo

Top Bottom