Handy 21 Regular Pangaea AWD again

handy900

Deity
Welcome Always War fans to a razor's edge thrill ride of a kick butt Always War Deity Pangaea game.
Download a save and play along with the Grumpy Old Men of War. :)

C3C 1.22 Patch
Level: Deity
Variant: Always War :hammer:
Map Type: Pangaea
Size: Standard

Civilization: Mayan
Temperature: Player Choice
Climate: Player Choice
Barbarians: Player Choice
Rivals: Player Choice
AI Aggression: Player Choice

Victory Condition:All enabled
Culturally linked starts: Off
Respawn: Off
Preserve Random Seed: On
Cultural Conversion: On

Roster
1. Handy
2. ThERat
3. Greebley
4. M60A3TTS
5. Obormot
6. Sir Bugsy

Always War Boilerplate as we play it.
You may only trade when you first meet a civilization, and must declare war on the same turn after trading is complete. If you see a new AI unit, you must make contact & declare war that turn. Absolutely no GPT trades allowed. If you see a new face on F4, you are obligated to declare war that turn (after trading). Players must declare war if they are exploring and see AI units, but are not required to actually attack the units they come in contact with. No peace treaties, ever. You may check F4 as often as you like to spy on the AI's tech, resources, luxuries & city count.

Discuss any move that seems exploitive before doing it with the team. Although there are not too many exploits available in AW, we’ll follow the forbidden blatant exploits banned by GOTM and RBCiv such as no "Free Wealth". Other normal game exploits such as "Baiting the AI" with an empty city to create a kill zone are an AW tradition and are allowed. Also, you ARE allowed to initially keep a city, move a settler to the same spot as the city, and then abandon and immediately resettle. This is considered an exploit in RBCiv rules, but is okay in our AW games. In addition if you need to build a city one square deeper into enemy territory just to move borders to steal a resource, go for it. We may keep or raze cities, and can keep slaves. You may whip at will, including captured cities or cities where all citizens are unhappy.

SG Stuff
You have 24 hours for an "I got it" and 72 to play. If you need a one day extension, then mention this before the 72 hours are up. Players can work out skips between themselves, just post a message to the thread. If you can't play within 72 total, switch places or ask for a skip. We will play 10 turns at first, and possibly fewer later (5) if the turns begin to take too long.

Lucky candle to light the way.

4000 BC: Looks like a good start - 2 cows. Need to move 1 to be next to the river though.

I move 1 and there is a 3rd cow. I think I agree that 3 cows is nowhere near 1/10000. 1/100 at most - this is the 2nd in not that many tries (Obermut being the first).
We have 2 Elephants as well. One of the better starts I have seen.

3950 BC: Make that 3 elephants - not that a 2nd or 3rd matters any - we won't be trading. May make it harder to pillage though.

2850 BC: We meet Spain. I trade for Alphabet (want Cats).

2350 BC: Golden age Begins.

IBT: We gain 4! slave workers defending against Spanish warriors.

?? BC: Get Mathematics

1830 or so: Meet the Iroquois. Trade Mathematics for CB and Bronze W.

1750 BC:

Notes:
No horses, but 9 turns to the statue of Zeus.
We have all the base techs, mathematics and IW in 4 (after which we can go for Lit).

5 cities in 1750 BC.

Our biggest disadvantage is that we know 2 civs and I can see the outline of a 3rd civs cities.

I don't know what our front will look like, we still can expand some so hard to tell if this is really good or not. It has been a while so maybe we can try this one...

SAVE OVER HERE

Roster
1. Handy
2. ThERat
3. Greebley
4. M60A3TTS UP
5. Obormot
6. Sir Bugsy

I would try to expand in the direction of the spanish. It looks like the land there is more juicy and it also would shorten our front. 6 turn settler+jav looks liek agood idea. There is a problem with the GL though. Tikal doesn't have fresh water and other cities don't have many good tiles. I think we should build it in Tikal, but then we should start now, because it would only grow to size 6.

I posted a save in HDY20 thread, which I believe has at least 50% chance to win. Maybe you would have interest in seeing it at some time.

this start looks not too shabby, hopefully we can keep the front narrow

I'll give it a shot, but the front appears no different from the last, with attacks to be expected from every direction.

View attachment 100822

1700BC- Portugal completes Colossus.

1675BC- Kill 2 American archers and a spear. Capture a worker. Lose a vet JT to a warrior.

1625BC- Kill 2 American archers.

1600BC- GA ends and of course the capital riots. Scroll ahead, all ok. America loses a couple archers during the IT.

1575BC- Kill American warrior.

America is not showing up, but now the Iro warriors are.

1500BC- Lagartero and Bonampak founded. A bit of a risk, but Lagartero is ungarrisoned. Writing in 8 and done.

I got it. I'll play it later today. So are we trying to expand to the west to shorten our front? The land there is quite crappy. I think we should start the GL prebuild now, we don't have really good cities for it.

Obormot said:
I got it. I'll play it later today. So are we trying to expand to the west to shorten our front? The land there is quite crappy. I think we should start the GL prebuild now, we don't have really good cities for it.

If you want to grab better lands then feel free. We are not going to have a perfect front unfortunately, so it may not be a bad idea to grab some good lands.

Agree completely on the GLib. Probably should have started already.

Sorry guys, i couldn't play yestoday, and it seems like i'll be busy today too. If anybody wants to play now we can swap.

Top Bottom