• RaRe

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strider

In Retrospect
This is the election for two of the five poistions on the Pre-game Council. This council will handle all pre-game organization and planning (per the citizens requests). The top 2 vote getters will be the winners. In the event of a tie, a run-off will be posted.

You may choose from one of the following candidates:
Alphawolf
Harrier
I_am_the_Future
Uubry
XionNova
RoboPig
RaRe

This poll will run for 2 days.

Please vote for me, i will create a fair constitution for all. Political parties will be legalized. turn based terms will be implented and all new player's needs will be accomadated. so vote robopig, one with the masses of new players (sorry if that sounds kinda communist to all you capitalists)

I placed my vote for Harrier for several reasons. He has the mindset needed to do this, he (so far) has had some excellent ideas, and he's got the organization skills.

OF course, I'm not quite sure if he is a he. You are male, right?

Vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true.

Please vote for me - I'm very open to new ideas and to changes. I'm a good descision maker and organized as well. ^^

Oh, and I'll also make your wildest come true - TWICE! ;)

if you vote for me you vote for three things:
1. my ideas, no duh, and my idea for a constitution is balanced. total yin-yang. every term will be the same amount of turns and you get my drift right?
2. A vote for new players, i have never been elected and will be involved more than ever this demogame.
3. A vote forward, i stand for abolishing the unnesecary old ways! why shouldnt we have political parties!? it's an old unnesecary law which takes away from democracy!
i honestly beleive that if you vote for me, you wont regret it. if i am a part of this, we can be closer to the most enlightened constitution yet.

RoboPig said:
if you vote for me you vote for three things:
1. my ideas, no duh, and my idea for a constitution is balanced. total yin-yang. every term will be the same amount of turns and you get my drift right?
2. A vote for new players, i have never been elected and will be involved more than ever this demogame.
3. A vote forward, i stand for abolishing the unnesecary old ways! why shouldnt we have political parties!? it's an old unnesecary law which takes away from democracy!

Cheers to that!

You'll have to help me get the feel of this thing though... :king:

ah yes, one more thing, strong government for the people by the people. thats where i stand. that gives us control over ourselves. more polls, more discussions. Less of officials making major decisions in the game without citizens consent.

Dont vote pro parties. Parties will destroy the pluralism needed for a good federalist government.

If you don't vote for me, uubry, vote for I Am The Future.

Nomad Bryce said:
Dont vote pro parties. Parties will destroy the pluralism needed for a good federalist government.

pro parties will split and form our government. think of them as large tectonic plates. they may cause massive quakes in the system occasionally, yet they keep us togeether, but if we had everyone by themselves then there would be much more disagreement and our system would turn into squabbling. face it, we can not accomadate everyones needs. but political parties, since they all have one aim, can become 90-100% content by a single law or desicion in the game= less needs, more satisfaction.

Just a thought--Maybe we should try and put the polls in the polls sub-forum thingy? ;)

Or did I just miss something about where we put polls?:p

I voted for Alphawolf as he told me about Civfanatics. But for some reason he didnt tell me about this. i found this because I thought it was a free demo. :lol: I know Alphawolf from anthropology class and he's intelligent, i guess it isnt kind to say his real name is it. He's also helping me pass anthro. I don't know if ti will get him vote but he's has enough self control to not get sh*tfaced on a school night, i dont. He's also a member of our UT's freshman council. I'm going to call him and tell him to look at this, I might be dead tommarow. :crazyeye:

I request that any one who would vote for me to vote robo, we have similair Ideaology and I trust him very much. I am to busy this week and in the coming weeks to put more effort into the Forums and DemoGame.

VOTE ROBOTO

i thank you Future. vote for me. and i will help democracy blossom, in this great demogame of ours.

here is how i stand on religous groups. i support them if they are not self religous.why?you say, well i think that a strong religion in our country is necessary. i however will push for the outlawing of all groups that stand for the implementation of that groups religion. for one good reason. lets face it , no offence to non christians but most people in the world are christian. most people on the forum are christian. most demogamers are christian. therefore if we had groups for specific religions then we would have a strong christian partisan movement. just because a majority of players are christian does not mean that christianity is the best religion to use in the game. however a state religion would be nice to have since it would provide certain benefits.
so in short: the commitee for the promotion of(name of religion)= bad
comitee for the promotion of a state religion, whatever that religion is= good

:confused: I wonder why I feel like a spearman just beat my tank, maybe it was because DM (He used his real initials) wrote this about me:

Drunken Monkey said:
I voted for Alphawolf as he told me about Civfanatics. But for some reason he didnt tell me about this. i found this because I thought it was a free demo. :lol: I know Alphawolf from anthropology class and he's intelligent, i guess it isnt kind to say his real name is it. He's also helping me pass anthro. I don't know if ti will get him vote but he's has enough self control to not get sh*tfaced on a school night, i dont. He's also a member of our UT's freshman council. I'm going to call him and tell him to look at this, I might be dead tommarow. :crazyeye:

I don't know if this helps me or means I just hit a mine. I'll clarify my position.

1) If you don't vote for me please vote for Harrier, I don't know if I agree with him, but I trust him to get this done.

2) I think that campaign threads should be separate from the polls because you shouldn't see the poll and vote on it before you read what the candidates have said. Also I didn't know we could post campaign posts until DM told me to read what he had wrote about me. :mad:

3) I believe that the citizens should hold more power than the government. I also think that their are certain decisions that the government can't make but must be made by all of us the citizens through polls, such as declaring war and to make sure the government can't get around this by having the AI declare war the game should stop there until the populace has had a chance to say how the war should be fought.

My other thoughts can be read here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133429 about 2/3 the way down the page.

Edit: Instead of posting a length for a possible government I'll just post it here.

More of Alphawolf's Collection of Random Thoughts

My idea of a possible Government
Keep in mind that I don't know if this is feasible, I am new to this "Demo Game"

I have based this idea on the American system of three branches of government: the Executive, the Legislative, and the Judiciary.

A) The Legislative Branch
I. The most important branch consists of all citizens of the Nation except those holding elected offices that term.
II. Only the Legislative may decide two things: Declare War/Make Peace/Alliance and a change in Taxes (the science/treasury meter) higher that 10% every 5 turns.
III. Also may bring an impeachment/no confidence vote against the big three (Triumvirate) at anytime.
IV. An impeachment will be held like this: any member of the Legislative branch may start a poll to ask for the impeachment of the Triumvirate (either all three leave office or none of them). This poll will be open 48 hours only, for the motion to carry at least 2/3 (67%) must have voted in favor and at least half of the number of citizens in the citizen registry must have voted. If the motion is carried another poll will be set up the same way and if in it impeachment wins the Triumvirate are removed from office.

B) The Executive Branch
I. This branch consists of the Triumvirate and any and all elected and appointed advisors.
Ia. The Triumvirate will consist of the President, Secretary of State, and the Minister of War.
Ib. The advisors will be any office that we the citizens deem necessary to have that is not included as part of the Triumvirate, the Judiciary, or a Gubernatorial office.
II. The Powers and Duties or the Triumvirate.
IIa. They shall work together as a group. If they have a problem they will work it out amongst themselves we do will not hear about.
IIb. The Powers and Duties of the President
1. The President is Grand Old Man and thus he has great influence but not that much power.
2. The President nominates the Secretary of State, Minister of War, and the Chief Justice of the Court
3. During the Turnchat the President may order the ending of the game for a poll vote, i.e.: war, peace, change in Tax, or any thing else he deems appropriate.
4. The President may call for impeachment of any non-Triumvirate executive official or government.
4a. The impeachment of Governors is the same as the impeachment of the Triumvirate.
4b. The impeachment of a non-Triumvirate executive official requires one poll with a simple majority and the voting of at least 1/3
(33%) of the number of citizens in the citizen registry.
5. The President may ask the Legislature for a Declaration of WAR at anytime.
6. The units the President controls
6a. The President shall control all non military except for workers under the control of a Governor.
6b. The President shall control all Naval units.
7. The President shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.
7a. The nominations for President may not be self nominations.
8. The President shall have the entire power of the Triumvirate for the first turn.
IIc. The Powers and Duties of the Secretary of State
1. The Secretary of State shall have complete control of the Foreign policy of our nation with the exception of War/Peace/Alliance, trade/sell/buy of techs, and trade of cities.
1a. The Secretary of State needs the unanimous permission of the Triumvirate to take the following to a legislative vote: War/Peace/Alliance or the giving away of one of our Nation's cities.
1b. The Secretary of State needs the unanimous permission of the Triumvirate to accept a city or to trade/sell techs.
1c. The Secretary of State needs the permission of the President to buy techs or in any deal in which we loose more than 250 gold.
2. The nominations and election of The Secretary of State shall be held as follows:
2a. All nominations for Secretary of State will be self nominations.
2b. The President shall take at least 5 but no more that ten of self nominations and hold a poll for the next term's Secretary of State.
2c. The Secretary of State shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.
IId. The Powers and Duties of the Minister of War
1. The Minister of War shall have complete control of all military land units with the exception of garrisons under the control of Governors.
1a. The Minister of War may move any military land units anywhere in our territory, unclaimed territory, enemy territory, or allied territory.
A. Outside of our territory or enemy territory the Minister of War need the President's permission to move beyond a certain boundary of our borders.
1b. The Minister of War needs the unanimous permission of the Triumvirate to attack an enemy city
1c. The Minister of War my not attack a city or unit of a neutral or allied Civilization.
2. The Minister of War shall have complete control of all air units.
3. The Minister of War with unanimous permission of the Triumvirate may ask the legislature for a Declaration of WAR.
4. The nominations and election of the Minister of War shall be held as follows:
4a. All nominations for Minister of War will be self nominations.
4b. The President shall take at least 5 but no more that ten of self nominations and hold a poll for the next term's Minister of War.
4c. The Minister of War shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.

The Judiciary Branch
III. The Judiciary Branch will the known as The Court, it will consist of three Judges, a Chief Justice and two Associate Justices.
IIIa. The Powers and Duties of the Chief Justice
1. Whatever we decide them to be.
2. The nominations and election of the Chief Justice shall be held as follows:
2a. All nominations for Chief Justice will be self nominations.
2b. The President shall take at least 5 but no more that ten of self nominations and hold a poll for the next term's Chief Justice.
2c. The Chief Justice shall be elected in a poll of all citizens, if the candidate with the most votes receives less that 1/3 (33%) of the votes a runoff will be held unless the winning candidate has 10% more votes that the candidate with the second highest number of votes. Said runoff will be between the two candidates with the highest number of votes.
IIIb. The Powers and Duties of the Associate Justices
1. Whatever we decide them to be.
2. The nominations and elections for the Associate Justices shall be held as follows:
2a. Nominations for Associate Justices can be self nominations or some can nominate you.
2b. The Associate Justices shall be the two candidates with the highest number of votes.
IIIc. No Judge may be impeached.
IIId. For the first term there shall only be one judge and that shall be an Associate Justice.

Governors
IV. Governors are the elected officials that run cities
IVa. The Powers and Duties of the Governors.
1. The Governors may move any workers or garrison units assigned to them anywhere in there city's radius.
2. What ever other power we decide to give them
IVb. Governors shall be elected in whatever way we choose.
Ivc. Governors may not be impeached.

If you want me to clarify just ask.
-the Wolf

-the Wolf

If you vote for me then you get the satisfaction of a good constitution:)
no seriously, vote for me! wet my newbie feet in the political puddle!

yessss I win at getting no votes! =D

oo maybe I'll get a pity vote! ha.

I geuss I don't take this seriously enough to be on any kind of council. Oh well.

Top Bottom