Votes: 10 25.6%
  • RaRe

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RoboPig said:
well with religion in civ4 a new issue has emerged, should we allow partisan groups that push for a certain religion.

I agree with Awolf on that...

Also, we don't want religious flame wars (people going berserk for us to use their real-life religion)... They are all equal, so we dhould opt for the religion that doesn't distract us too much from what kind of techs we want (like not getting 5 techs just for the religion, butgoing as we would without them, and picking one whenever it's possible).

Armed_Maniac said:
I agree with Awolf on that...

Also, we don't want religious flame wars (people going berserk for us to use their real-life religion)... They are all equal, so we dhould opt for the religion that doesn't distract us too much from what kind of techs we want (like not getting 5 techs just for the religion, butgoing as we would without them, and picking one whenever it's possible).

I believe that it is for the Citizens to deside, honestly if a religous group gets set up and they get enough support to get 5 techs for one religion then that is the way the game should be played out.

But to be honest not enough people will agree to do that anyways so we might as well put it in for a little bit of political VARIATION among the players.

of course, i'm not ssaying we impose anything on what religions to get and what techs and all... just saying they should think about the techs before of the religions... and any choice-making about religions should be about the in-game effect, not their actual counter-part in the real world...

Armed_Maniac said:
of course, i'm not ssaying we impose anything on what religions to get and what techs and all... just saying they should think about the techs before of the religions... and any choice-making about religions should be about the in-game effect, not their actual counter-part in the real world...
Idealy yes, but that doesnt mean that is what will happen.
In the real world IDEALY under God shouldnt be in the pledge, but people have it their anyways because they believe in it. So If you think about ti, if enough people want to be a christian country early on, we could (theoreticaly) go streight for that tech.

I am the Future said:
Idealy yes, but that doesnt mean that is what will happen.
In the real world IDEALY under God shouldnt be in the pledge, but people have it their anyways because they believe in it. So If you think about ti, if enough people want to be a christian country early on, we could (theoreticaly) go streight for that tech.

Yes... they could... not the wisest choice if you ask me, but they could... I don't know what techs you need for that, so i hope that wathever choice they make, they don't chose techs that will cripple our start...

Armed_Maniac said:
Yes... they could... not the wisest choice if you ask me, but they could... I don't know what techs you need for that, so i hope that wathever choice they make, they don't chose techs that will cripple our start...
So see it could happen and their should be nothing in the constitution prohibiting it. It would just be foolish and hopefully enoguh people would relize that.

Top Bottom