SW9 - Malicious Mali

I'm away from my home computer right now. Work snuck up and bit me on my __. I won't be able to take my turn until Sunday Night.

OK then it's me! :D

Summary:
Spoiler :
We are hinjews (TM) Can't let Sirian have them all. :D

I started Stonehenge for our multi-religious people. It may be worthwhile to change our religious civic to organized religion to speed up the build 25%. I will be back with a story but I know Methos would like the save.

Words of the Hinjews.
Jabari was a giant compared to the rest of the people in Timbuktu as he stood 13 fingers taller than the tallest Malinese man. He was a devout Hindu sage who lived according to all the common Hindu tenets.
Dharma (duties and obligations), Reincarnation (rebirth), Karma (leading to a cause and effect relationship) and Moksha (salvation) of every soul through a variety of paths. This was the word of the people. It was their mantra that they would never start conflict. The great Sage had deep beliefs in such things as devotion, action and knowledge, peace amongst the people and of course, belief in God. However most Hindus had beliefs in many Gods. This is where Jabari changed the thinking of the people of Timbuktu.

Jabari brought the teaching of Yoga and offered his visions of one God. This God was omnipotent, as well as omniscient, and felt the different names of God are ways to express different aspects of God's presence in the world . His following grew and word spread quickly throughout the country.

His teachings would become the primary sacred text known as the Torah Smartism and was adopted in 2560 BC. These new teachings of a new religion that meshed well with Hindusim. It was known as Judaism. The two religions together were known as Hinjew.(TM). The Malinese people expected to spread these words across many lands.

Along with the Hindu tenets others new tenets would become critical in daily Mali life.
These new teachings included:

God will reward those who observe His commandments and punish those who violate them. This had the potential to create future conflict for the heathens and non- believers who did not take Hinjewish as the way of their life. The Malinese, though a peaceful people, believed the world should follow their views at all costs.

God chose the Hinjews people to be in a unique covenant with Him. Hinjews would be seen, in their eyes, as the chosen people.

He believed the words of some future prophets would hold true and that there will be a moshiach or perhaps a messianic era. Time would tell.

In the year 2480, Jabari’s followers started building a great structure for the great Hinjew God. It was called Stonehenge. Jabari envisioned it would bring flocks of pilgrims from many lands. With a beautiful resource known as marble there was hope for other great works for the one God.

This is the sacred story of the great sage Jabari.

Nanu was a tribal chief who was wise in the ways of the spirits. He was an older man who didn’t have too many years left to him, but he knew he could make them good years for the Milanese people.

Realizing that the Mali people were lacking Nanu decided to organize their religious beliefs in Hinduism to increase their prosperity. It didn’t take long to see the benefits of such work. The great work being done on the rising of the reaching stones seemed to speed up.

Several scouting warriors were learning a great deal of the lands north of them. Several times they came upon other less armed scouting parties who were also exploring the lands around them. These meetings went well with the Greek people. Often sitting and feasting with each other for several days before continuing on.

All was not as peaceful as it appeared as one of the warrior bands was set upon by a pack of pumas. Luckily they were able to fend them off without too much causality. Moving back towards the north they came upon a second Greek city. The band was rather shocked as according to reports from the earlier group there was no city in this spot. It appeared the Greeks were beginning their expansion southward.

The band that was far to the north came across a primitive group who showed no friendliness towards our exploring band. This group was so obvious in their aggressive ways we immediately set upon them. Dar, the leader of our exploring band, feared the barbarians would ambush them. After the battle Dar rested his group before continuing on. It wasn’t long before another group of these barbarians ambushed them in the night during their sleep. With luck the group was able to fight them off.

Closer to home many of the workers had begun building several mines. Currently they lie unused and empty but Nanu hoped the future rulers would have a use for them.

Just as his age was creeping up to him his people had learned the art of animal husbandry. Though Nanu was unsure of the ‘benefit’ pasteurizing cattle would be to the much revered animal.

Here's the save.

I'd forgotten how tough it is to write up something this early in the game.

I posted my story above to keep it in order.

soul_warrior said:
updated roster

soul "jivin'" warrior - gone
BotlGnomz - gone
Methos - just gone
Darwin - UP NOW
whomp - gone
Locki III - ON DECK
MjM - waiting
great stories so far, lets see what happens when alex gets frisky :eek:

The Caltrop said:
*Lurker-substitute* is me... Just in case...
ok, lets wait a few more hours for darwin.
lets make it 19.00 GMT.
if not, either LOKI (which is next in line) or CALTORP can take it.
just post an I GOT IT.

EDIT ------
Darwin is out till later tonight.
sorry to rush this darwin :blush:
take your time.

sorry caltorp about false hopes.
ill make it up to you. promise.

My bad, everyone. I was called in to work on Friday, and unfortunately got tied up with it 'till late last night. I love it when the Public Works people shut down the power without telling us network gurus. They fried quite a few of our network devices when power came back on (and surged quite heavily). Ugh. :mad:

I will be able to play my turns tonight, though. Thanks for waiting, and sorry for the delay. :blush:

Question: Is everyone upgraded to 1.09? And if not, is pre/post patch saves compatible?

I am patched 1.09 and so far the only saves that don't work are PBEM saves.

love that XMas cap you got on, panda :p

like whomp said, both are compatible, but i suggest we all "upgrade"
luckily, its so soon for me, that i cant tell the difference between 1.00 and 1.09.

and im still waiting to win a game...
darn RL...

EDIT: added story. Locki III is up, I believe. With MjM on deck.

Highlights from my turnset: said:
-Greeks condone slavery
-Stonehenge Completes
-A forest grew near Timbuktu

Dar Winaku surveyed the progress of the great project of Stonehenge. Nearly finished, it was the pride of the Mali people. Many generations had worked on it, but his was the one which would witness its completion. And the celebration that would follow.

And it was important to keep the peoples' minds focused on the building of this great wonder. News had arrived recently of the Greeks enslaving portions of their population. Given that scouts in the area witnessed several new Greek settlements, the slaves were most likely being worked to death to speed up Greek colonization.

Dar knew that as Timbuktu grew, they, too, would have to start thinking about expansion. The world was small, and it could not be allowed for the Greeks to dominate it. As such, Dar had dreams of gathering a group of people to start a settlement to the north; partly because it was good land, and partly to contain the Greek expansion.

But he would never see his dream fulfilled, for a few short years after the completion of Stonehenge, Dar Winaku succumbed to the "biting bug" and died. He was buried outside of Timbuktu, on a plot of land he had favored. As tribute, the people planted a tree for each year of his life on his grave.

And now, a successor is to be chosen.

I've upgraded to 1.09. One thing we've noticed in LK108 is that sometimes the turns/years get messed up. Apparently the game went from 430 turns to 440 turns after the patch, so playing a save from 1.0 with the 1.09 patch has a little trouble. Game still runs fine though.

Top Bottom