SW9 - Malicious Mali

:bump: .. hello?? Anyone out there?

I would assume.. It's been a couple days with no word from him.

Hey everyone, just letting you all know that from December 4th until December 11th my wife and I will be taking a Carnival cruise in the Caribbean. I will not be able to play my turns during that timeframe. There is internet on the ship so I might check up on the games once or twice but nothing more.

Note: Please skip me as of this post and all days up until December 12th. Our returning flight lands around 10:30 pm on the 11th and we are not expecting to get home until 2 or 3 am on the 12th. So anytime from the 12th on I will be able to resume play. Thanks!

:wavey:

I will be out of pocket Dec 9-12, and Dec 16/17. Don't count on me if my turn falls on the 25th, either. ;)

:sad: Drag MJM.

I say either Soul Warrior or BotlGnomz picks up depending on who gets a "got it" first.

it has been a long, uneventful summer for Sool. The harvest was plentyful, and the girls more than obliging.

He was the Chief's favorite son, and as such was regarded as a very lucrative catch.

Today though, Sool had other things on his mind. Reports of a massive force of geeks were said to roam the northern part of MALILAND, and to make things worse, they were heading south :eek:.
His duty to the mighty chief was clear. he must gather his companions and head north to block the mighty pass, so the greeks shall not infringe on his land.
YES. it was HIS land, for surely when the chief has passed on to join his ancestors, he could sieze power, just like his father before him!
but he must be sure of victory and succsess, so he went to see the shaman.

the shaman was a very proud man, and told Sool to GIT, or you'll join the wall.
Sool, knowing perfectly well what "joining the wall" meant (see example)

decided to take the shaman's advice literally, and head north.

meanwhile, at the great village of Timbuktu (for Sool had to admit this, his were a small, backward people) things were stirring.
at the temple, there was a man teaching the words of the gods to the masses

and soon the secrets of archery were discovered by none other than Ruul, who was the younger brother of Sool.

later on, the chief in his great wisdom decried that the prophets must be appeased, and be given large sums of money.
To further that noble cause, all studies shall be focoused on the secrets of POTTERY.

in the year 1360 there was much rejoicing, as a camp was found, and a steady supply of tusks were now abundant throughout the land.
the caravans were long and arradous, but the rewards were great, even to the degree of testing the mighty desert.

years pass, and Sool begins now to worry.
maybe he choose a bad time to leve the village?

later through the years, the mighty chief remembers his favorite Sool and sends greeting north.
"Come home, Sool. your exile is at an end. We have a secret project for you!
you shall become head of our secret school of war.
we fear that in the days to come, and fear not - we have heard your frightening reports from the north!, the greeks shall attempt to steal what is rightfully ours.
you must study the art of war carefully so we can defend ourselves.
STUDY THE ART OF BLENDING TIN AND COPPER!!!
Yes, my chief!!!
that very same year, proving to Sool that he came back just in time the first of the people have banded together and went north to found a new settlerment.
Sool has a dreamvision of how that new settlement shall look like, especially the main temple

but realises that for the time being, it will be More like this

the now proud people of Timboktu, order a few brave souls to form the first of the volunteer units "THE SKIRMISHERS"
a few years later the second such group is ordered, to be under Sool's direct command.
the people have great fear of the greek menace, and demand a stronger army.
Sool is more than happy to oblige :D but harbours a secret hope that following this great display of soldiering, a new group of people will sally forth to claim thier heritage.

:clap: Good stuff Sool!! Will the Greeks learn the ways of the world?

Botlgnomz on the board.

soul_warrior said:
Today though, Sool had other things on his mind. Reports of a massive force of geeks

:eek: The Geeks are attacking! Run for your lives!! :lol:

That's one of the greatest typos I've ever seen! :goodjob:

Picked up.
I have my inaugural turn of LK 112 tonight, but I'll see if I can get to this as well. If not, tomorrow.

Okay, I played 11 turns to even it out, but I don't trust myself to write a story. I'm running a fever of way too much, so I'll recap. Please forgive me any incoherence for reason of said fever.

Founded Djenne on eastern Peninsula.
Discovered BW. Copper is in SUCH an inconvienient spot for us; a little desert tile that we won't be grabbing with a city without either major overlap or nearly no usable tiles. Blech.
Discovered Fishing.
Researching Priesthood so we can get the Oracle (Djenne will hook us up marble, and we have plenty of Forests to chop). After that, we want Sailing for Lighthouses and Galleys, as all of our cities are going to be coastal, then Meditation for monasteries and missionaries. Oh, wait, we're running Organized religion. Get IW after Sailing and Metal Casting with the Oracle.
Converted us to Jews for the attitude bonus with Alex.
Built a settler pair in our capital that should go grab the pig/fish/FP site to the east (see dotmap on page 2 - yellow dot). Timbuktu now working on a Work Boat to hook up fishies. Afterwards, we need some Workers.
Current worker is now roading towards Djenne to hook up the Ivory and Marble.
Alex extorted an Ivory from us before I converted to Judaism. We are at +3 with him.
We are a Slavery, just FYI.

Think that's all.

Top Bottom