Kingdom of Sweden

Wazdix

Chieftain

VERSION 1.0 Final Release Formal Name: Kingdom of Sweden
Short Name: Sweden
Adjective: Swedish
Starts with: Mining and Fishing
UU: Karolin (Builds 25%faster)(replaces the musketeer)

Leader: Gustav II
Traits: Organized and Spiritual

Leader: Karl XII
Traits: Aggressive and Industrious

Screenshot:

NOTICE!
Im sorry to say that I can no longer support this, little mod and to keep it up to date. However if some one is interested in helping out keeping it alive feel free to contact me. It would be free and all up to you what you’d like to change with it as long as it’s still based on Sweden obviously; there are alot of good suggestion for what could be changed in this thread as well.

All I would request is that my name is kept in the credits.

I’m hoping this wont cause to much inconvenience and lastly A BIG THANK for all the support from you all.

Regards
Wazdix/Henrik

Patch Notes v1.0f:
Final Release

Added Civilopedia enteries

Added Music

Patch Notes v0.9b:

Added new leader gustav II

Gave the UU its special abbility (Builds 25% faster)

Fixed some minor text bugs

I'll gladly add this when I get home. Looks like a nice addition.

Why settle for one, make four! That way you can use all eight traits, two for every leader. Something for any style of gameplay for anyone who plays Sweden with your mod.

As for other leaders, I suggest Gustavus II Adolphus, Princess Madleine and Kim Il Goran Persson.

I have completed Gustav II he will follow with the next version, hopefully i will be done with it already this weekend. I gave him organization and Industry since he was behind evolving the financial and law systems in Sweden as well building new universities and courthouses. Further more a more diverse Industry bloomed during his rule. His special Civic is Pacifism even if he saw a lot of war it was something he deeply didn’t like and called it the root of all bad in society.

The Karolin’s have yet been given a special but I am leaning towards instead of making them stronger making them faster to train since the most men that where Karolin’s where actually ordinary citizens doing military training a few times every year as long as they where fit to do military service. Thus when called upon for battle (trained) they should have the most basic training already and the last training part should go fast.

Comments please.

May I suggest making Gustavus Organized and Spiritual. You already have a leader with Industrious trait, so you'll get more diversity with another trait, plus, in his time, he was the defender of the protestant faith, in 30 years war.

Anima Croatorum said:
May I suggest making Gustavus Organized and Spiritual. You already have a leader with Industrious trait, so you'll get more diversity with another trait, plus, in his time, he was the defender of the protestant faith, in 30 years war.

Very well you have a good point i will do some testing with spiritual as trait instead. If i may ask what do you think about the idea to give Karolins half production time as there special?

Anima Croatorum said:
50% is a bit too much, 25% discount maximum. So, make them cost 75% of normal musketman cost.

Did some testing and well 25% did worked out much beter, Might even do some futher adjustments in a future patch ill see how it plays along.

Oh And new version now! version 0.9b!

How I've waited for Sweden as a playable civ!
This add-on looks great, can't wait to try it!

May I suggest though, that you change the name of Gustav II to either Gustav II Adolf or Gustavus Adolphus (as most non-swedes know him as).
I don't know why, but somehow Gustav II without the Adolf reminds me of Gustav III who in my opinion must have been the meekest king throughout world history. All categories, all countries! ;)

Fantastic work, Wazdix! I usually don't play many mods, but I fell in love with this one.
I had never realized what a great feeling it can be to play as your own nation. Suddenly I can relate to all the cities I found; they're not just names anymore, but my own countrymen - I can imagine what dialects they speak, what football and icehockey teams they root for, and so on. And that made me take it much more personal when Tokugawa started a war against me and actually managed to annex Göteborg.
Gustav II Adolf is my new favourite leader. I prefer the Spiritual and Organized traits, and was already playing as Asoka a lot, so it made me very happy to discover that you've given Gustav those traits too. :D

DannE said:
How do i play sweden on earth maps???
Well the earth map is a World Editor save with all civilizations already determend so if you want to play sweden you need to change the save file. Though i tried to see if you could replace some civilization with a new one in a save though dident find any way to do it atlest not in the world editor.

groundsplitter said:
Fantastic work, Wazdix! I usually don't play many mods, but I fell in love with this one.
I had never realized what a great feeling it can be to play as your own nation. Suddenly I can relate to all the cities I found; they're not just names anymore, but my own countrymen - I can imagine what dialects they speak, what football and icehockey teams they root for, and so on. And that made me take it much more personal when Tokugawa started a war against me and actually managed to annex Göteborg.
Gustav II Adolf is my new favourite leader. I prefer the Spiritual and Organized traits, and was already playing as Asoka a lot, so it made me very happy to discover that you've given Gustav those traits too. :D

Very glad you like it! Updated now and released the final version pretty much complete as well.

Great! Some suggestions:

* The English term for "Karolin" is "Carolean".
* I would like to see Queen Kristina as a ruler.
* The cities of Skåne should be removed from the list as they were originally Danish.

yes! its about time... it looks great! :goodjob:

i have som suggestions:

Gustav Vasa

Financial and Organized

Favourite civic: Hereditary Rule

Gustav II Adolf
Spiritual and Aggressive

Favourite civic: Mercantilism

Gustav III

Creative and Philosophical

Favourite civic: Hereditary rule

Per Albin Hansson

Financial and Expansive

Favourite Civic: Pacifism

What about diplomatic music then?

Shall we have Roger Pontare as early music (it's primitive at least), Bellman as mid-game music and Abba as late?

haha, good suggestions, especially roger...

we have more to take from though, for exampel johan helmich roman and hugo alfven...

Optimizer said:
What about diplomatic music then?

Shall we have Roger Pontare as early music (it's primitive at least), Bellman as mid-game music and Abba as late?

Roger Pontare? Thats crazy. I got other ideas for music, but what about copyrights, can you just take music?
Bellman is a very good idea.
So is ABBA :lol:

Nice work
but how about a more powerful UU instead of a faster one because of swedens small population and they where pretty good soliders too.
Anyways :goodjob:

Are there not anything better than ABBA because i for one would go crazy if i had to listen to it :D

i think the swedish composers hugo alfvén and johan helmich roman would be great

Any kind of folk music with a fiddle or nyckelharpa would be fine as early diplomatic music.

Top Bottom