European City Placement Check

ArbitraryGuy

Rusty Shackleford?
I have a favor to ask... could somebody check the city placement in this file to see if it makes since, please? I think it's pretty good, but I need some double checking. This is for my Europa Europa Mod Series. Your help is much appreciated.

Note: Just put it in PublicMaps folder and load it like a scenario (no mod needed).

Attachments

• CityPlacementTest.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 116
I checked Hungary:

- cities are well placed but:
please correct the name Miskolo to MISKOLC,
with "LC" in the end...

Danube is much better now, but:

- It reality, it runs THROUGH Vienna... hm? I would put Vienna on the bank...

- please put a HILL to just NE of Budapest, to the other side of the Danube
(Mountains of Börzsöny, Bükk, Mátra /Highest in Hungary!/),
also,
maybe to the W of Budapest (Pilis Mountains) -
but please check what I write of Lake Balaton below!

- I still miss River Tisza
it should flow from the foot of the mountains east of Miskolc
and run west btw Miskolc and Debrecen,
and the turn south and run into straight into Danube at Belgrade.

- and Lake Balaton???

Its place is exactly where the good hut is btw Zagreb and Budapest!
If you don't put hills west of Budapest,
please consider it just N of Lake Balaton
- we have famous once volcanous peaks: Badacsony, for instance...
Maybe the the hills S of the Balaton could be plains instead.

Well, that's it about Hungary :)

You're welcome :)

Please, please don't forget River Tisza!

The only excuse leaving it out can be of balance issue... :)

Checked Baltic states, they're ok :)

Cork (Ireland) should have a river (its an inland island)
Florence should be inland on a hill
Turin and Milan should be slightly more south, they shouldnt be on hills, they should be near the Po
No Genoa?
No Halicarnasis (is it a modern mod?)?

The rest seems fairly accurate to me, id wonder why edinburgh isnt there, it is more important than glasgow, if you cant fit both...

The Nordic states and Denmark seem okay in general at a glance, but I would advise these small changes:

Sweden and Finland should not have tundra or ice, since the lands that south are rather fertile.

Move Åbo (if you plan to have a Finnish Civ it should be renamed Turku) one tile south, next to the grassland, and put a short river (one or two tiles) between it and the grassland. You might also want to add one or two fresh water tiles to the edge of the map in the center of the Finnish area, a few tiles apart. The island between Åbo and Stockholm should be more arid, so remove the forest there.

Add Coal and perhaps Uranium in central Sweden. Add Oil in Norway, near the coast and/or near the small tundra island between it and Britain. You might also want to consider moving one Fish resource somewhere between Stockholm and Åbo. I would also distribute Deer and Fur more evenly between the two countries, maybe change one of the Deer from Finland to one Fur from Sweden.

I have checked the iberian peninsula and north africa a bit.

All placements look right, perhpaps bilbao should be more east, so the west end of the pyrinees, they should end more east where the cost begins going north.

Perhpaps you should add Santiago in the northwest corner of the peninsula, and for North Africa, Oran and Argel would be a good addition, no cities from tangier to tunez, right now.

I didnt checked resources, mountains and rivers, sorry, only city placement.

Top Bottom