Government Style Poll #2

What government style should we focus on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alphawolf

Basileus, Founding Father
Since DaveShack is away, I'll put out the Poll. This is a runoff for Triumvirate or Flexible government. This is an open poll and closes in two days.

Triumvirate v5.2 is HERE
The Triumvirate has been updated to v5.2.

Flexible is HERE

-the Wolf

As a citizen of no party affiliation, I urge all citizens to vote for Flexible Government style.

As a citizen of no affiliation, I'm really confused. I can't tell what the merits of one government type over the other are. Triumvirate seems very complete and well written, while Flexible is just Triumvirate with some stuff changed, which makes me inclined to vote for Triumvirate. However, many people seem to favor Flexible. Can anyone tell me why they think one is better than the other?

Thank you I spent a lot of time on the Triumvirate. They are about 90% similar the only main difference is in Flexible the people in charge can appoint more people and all the offices are equal, in the Triumvirate some offices are higher than others. As for the blatant stealing by DaveShack, he didn't have time to type everything out so he used cut and paste.

-the Wolf

Pie-es-Tasty said:
As a citizen of no affiliation, I'm really confused. I can't tell what the merits of one government type over the other are. Triumvirate seems very complete and well written, while Flexible is just Triumvirate with some stuff changed, which makes me inclined to vote for Triumvirate. However, many people seem to favor Flexible. Can anyone tell me why they think one is better than the other?

I don't like the ability to appoint many people that the flexible does so I voted for Triumvirate.

I voted flexible and encurage you to do the same, because it allows for simpilair election processes and makes sure that every position has a job unlike in the tri. where somone might be elected to a post that wont be useful till the 250th turn.

you might think Triumvirate is allot better than flexiable because it is longer, but really the flexiable is the Triumvirate with the bad bits removed.

I voted flexible and encurage you to do the same, because it allows for simpilair election processes and makes sure that every position has a job unlike in the tri. where somone might be elected to a post that wont be useful till the 250th turn.

I am the Future said:
...unlike in the tri. where somone might be elected to a post that wont be useful till the 250th turn.

Can you give me an example of such an office?

Despite my memberships to parties, I urge all members to vote for the FLEXIBLE government type, as it will allow maximum effieciency and fairness, leading to the best possible nation.

not to be rude or anything Tboy, but how?

If you want a complicated, rules driven government that's difficult to follow, vote Triumverate.

If you want a simpler government, with the focus on citizen participation and decision-making, vote Flexible.

It's that simple, folks.

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by Swissempire
not to be rude or anything Tboy, but how?

Not rude at alll Swiisempire, its a fair point.
Effieciency: stops the strenuous and unnecessary process of appointing people like ambassador to the UN in 3000BC, or other comletely useless positions.
Fairness: Ensures that no-one is stuck in a useless, dead end position which makes them unable to hold another office.

Ravensfire: The tri allows more citizien liberties, and a more defined decson making process so people who have more experience don't attempt to take advantage of confused new citziens. :mad: "I hope no one would ever do that by posting slanted untruthful things at 12:08 PM on Dec 19th"( italizesd things are repectufully retratced):crazyeye: :eek:

Tboy: While those are valid points, I can't find the ambassador position anywhere, but i would gladly take the post:lol:
There is also a clause that allows people to hold up to 2 postions, so no one gets stuck! Also in the Triumvirate citziens assembly, every citzien is a senator! Yay

I am the Future: If the person is cretive enough, the Director of intellgiences could use scouts, open border negitionions and other means of gathering and documenting intelligence. I had more ideas but the thought police wiped my mind for being right:scan:

Swissempire,

Kindly retract your remarks. I state my opinion simply and clearly as others do. To paraphrase your comment, I cannot believe that one would post slanted, harmful posts towards the opinion of another.

I stand by my remarks. The Triumverate is a complicated ruleset with significant issues. The rights of citizens from games past are significantly reduced. The rules for the government are quite rigid.

The Flexible government has few of those problems, and represents, to my opinion, a much better option for CIV DGI to be based on.

-- Ravensfire

To ravesfire:
What kinds of issues do you see in the Triumvirate government? And what rights have been reduced from previous Demogames?

To swissempire:
What are the citizen's liberties that the Triumvirate government allows over the Flexible government type?

I ask these questions because it seems to me that people are giving arguments without evidence. It would be nice to see examples of people's points.

Top Bottom