LAnkou

Breizh A Tao
Hi everybody,

here is the Italy:

symbol: white Pisa Tower on a lightskyblue background

leaders:
Victor Emmanuel (expansive, organized)
favors nationhood

Laurent de Medicis (aggressive, creative)
favors caste system

starting tech:
fishing, agriculture

UU: condottiere
knight with +50% city attack
thanks to bhiita for his ArchDuke skin

civilopedia:
entries in english

ItalieV1.00 (ZIP file)

Attachments

• Italy1.JPG
    Italy1.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 2,385
  • Italy2.JPG
    Italy2.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 2,090
  • Italy3.JPG
    Italy3.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,716
  • Italy4.JPG
    Italy4.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,362
  • Italy5.JPG
    Italy5.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 2,207
Another good work LAnkou. The leaders look very good, you picked pictures that fit really well.

I think you can upgrade the Condottiere a little bit... to maybe +20% or +25% city attack or even higher ... because 1 extra strength vs. cities is not a good enough bonus.

Most units gets 1 or 2 extra strength in all cases (like praetorian gets a +2 strength increase, from 6 to 8 ... thats an addition of 1/3 of the original strength!).. the way this unit is now, it gets only 10% of a strength increase ONLY when it attacks cities, not when it does combat anywhere else or defends.

Thus it is justified that even if you gave this unit +50% city attack it would not be unbalanced ... perhaps even increasing the strength by 1 and then adding +10% city attack will help make this unit stronger and more equal with the other units in the game.

- Lorenzo de' Medici has a french name. If entries are in english, the name should be in english I think, if not italian
- why did you choose Lorenzo de' Medici ? He lived in a period where the union of Italy couldn't even be dreamed of. Of course he was a great political personality in the history of Italy, and I must say that since the game always aimed at recreating an alternate history... he would be a very good choice.
- I wouldn't choose the tower of Pisa as a flag... also it's not a very good picture of the tower ;) On top of that, the Archbishop of Pisa was one of the plotters that led to the assassination of Lawrence's brother, and was afterwards hanged by Florence, so I'm not sure how happy he would be of the Tower of Pisa as a symbol of his country ;)
- I really think you should change the UU. I mean, a mercenary unit with the name of "leader" is not very representative ;)

well i choose lorenzo de Medicis because as you said, he is a important person of Italian history (Gandhi wasn't the leader of India, and nobody is bothered by that..., same thing goes to Saladin, who was a military leader, but he didn't ruled all the arabs!!!)

well, i wrote Laurent de Medicis for french because:
1) I'm French
2) He is known in french under this name

for the symbol and the UU, i wait for your suggestions:
i thought of the ferrari horse, but i don't think it will be good with the color. (talking about the color, is it good? i tried to get a blue looking like the azuri football shirt, what do you think of it?)
And for the condottiere, well, i tried to get a nice flavoured UU changing from mech infantry, infantry, cavalry, warrior and all the ones used for other new civ. Besides that, i love the concept of it. Maybe you could suggest something better?
for the moment, i will change the UU bonus to +50% city attack

for the symbol, sorry if it isn't such pretty, but it was very hard to design a proper Pisa tower...and well, Italian civ is not all about Lorenzo, there's V.E.R.D.I. too...

well, i thougt of it (you get it on wiki, didn't you?)
the trouble is that Romans get a similar symbol....

I would use the reign of Italy flag, you can find it in the mod Europa Europa.
As UU I would use Bersagliere. I think that there simply aren't medieval or renaissance units that are representative enough of Italy to be a UU, since in those times there wasn't an Italy anyways

LAnkou said:
How does it feel?

Great work LAnkou; and this flag is better than the previous Pisa tower; only two things:
1) what is that green crown (is it a crown?) above to the tri-color stripe? I think a Savoy crown or a Savoy shield woul be better; look at: <RegnoItaliaCorona.gif>

2) the light blue background would be a bit darker; if you are inspired by the color of the italian soccer team, look at this picture from wikipedia: <ColoriNazionaleCalcio.jpg>

Anyway your flag is good enough for me! ;)

Attachments

• RegnoItaliaCorona.gif
    RegnoItaliaCorona.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 244
  • ColoriNazionaleCalcio.jpg
    ColoriNazionaleCalcio.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 270
If you're looking to change the UU, I have a suggestion: though not necessarily a military power per se, Italians have always been leaders in war tactics and strategies, and they were one of the first, if not the best, early on, at using artillery.

Maybe you could do something with cannon, although personally I like the idea of the condottiere too :D

Nice mod, but please specify that it's more of a Renaissance Italy mod or distinguish it in some other way in your thread and signature. The way it is now, it looks like one of us copied the other, and that's not true.

well, i don't consider Victor emmanuel (aka V.E.R.D.I.) as a renaissance guy, but i will try to make an effort...

I saw the new signature, and it's a little more detailed than I expected but any way you distinguish it is fine. Thanks.:salute:
btw I really like that V.E.R.D.I. thing. Way better than roy g biv :D

Color spectrum:

Red Orange Yellow , Green , Blue Indigo Violet

Top Bottom