Term 2 - Censor of the Citizen's Assembly

Swissempire

Poet Jester
I, Swissempire, as your Censor-elect promise to do my duty to the Citizienry as there Censor, and Do every thing within my power to make the DG more fun! I have adopted the Procedure ironed out under Octavian X's Rule and they are presented in the following post.

The following two threads are Recognized as official list sources by the Censor Office!

(Un)Official Office of the Name:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=154235

Landmark Naming Thread:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=156134

Please post polls in waiting in this thread and anything else of note to the Censor!

]The Procedures of the Censor of the Citizen's Assembly
Term 2
  • Official Polls for Initiative and Referendum
    1. To be validated as an official poll with the weight of an Initiative or Referendum as defined in Article C.1.2 of the Constitution and other forms of law, the poll must meet the following standards:
      • The question and answers must be stated clearly and fairly.
      • The minimum duration of a poll is 2 days.
      • The number of votes must exceed 1/4 the census - for the current term, it is 9 votes.
      • Polls must be public except for those which must be private due to requirements of higher laws.
      • The results of polls which meet these guidelines will be tracked in an official poll index.
    2. It is highly recommended, though not required, that some previous discussion on a subject exist before a poll is started.
    3. The Censor and the Deputy Censor shall be responsible for validating polls that meet these criteria (though the Censor may overturn the decisions of his deputy).
    4. A post confirming the validity of the poll will be placed in the polls thread, as well as recorded in the official thread of the Censor in the Polls subforum.
    5. Validation must occur within 48 hours of the poll's closure, after which point the poll is assumed valid until either the Censor or Deputy Censor has a chance to review the poll.
    6. For purposes of conflict resolution, a poll may have its validation status changed at any time after the initial decision is made, though validation must be judged by the standards in effect when the poll was first created. That is, all polls may not be judge based on ex post facto changes to these procedures.
    7. If you are confused or have questions about a good poll, it is recommended that you read the excellent Definitive Guide to Polling by old demogamer Almightyjosh for helpful information.
  • Official Polls for Recall
    1. Polls calling for the Recall of an official as defined by Article C.1.2 of the Constitution and relevant parts of Section 7 (Impeachment) of the Code of Laws must meet all standards listed above in Section A of these Procedures, except that they must meet these additional standards
      • Recall Polls must be open for a minimum of 96 hours.
      • Votes in a recall poll must be private.
      • Requirements detailed for specific offices in all higher forms of law must be met.
    2. Citizens are reminded to be civil in all matters relating to recalls. The moderators may intervene as they deem necessary.
  • Elections
    1. Nominations
      • Nominations for elections shall begin 8 days before the end of the current month (and therefore 8 days before the end of a term).
      • Nomination threads for all offices shall be posted in the main Civ4 Democracy Game forum at approximately 0:00 GMT of that first day by either the Censor, the Deputy Censor, or by another citizen appointed by the Censor.
      • The first post of the nomination thread shall contain a summary of the duties of the office in question, as defined in other relevant forms of law.
      • In case of planned absence, a nomination, self-nomiantion, acceptance, or rejection of a nomination for a specific office may be registered in advance of the nomination period with the Censor.
      • A citizen who is banned from the forum for any reason may register nominations, acceptances, and rejections of nominations through a private message or e-mail to the Censor.
      • A citizen must accept any nomination (or be self-nominated) to be placed in the election.
      • A citizen may accept only ONE nomination. In cases where a citizen accepted multiple nominations, only the first acceptance shall be considered valid.
      • Nominations for an office close when the poll for the election of that office is posted. A link to the election thread shall be posted in the nomination thread.
    2. Debates
      • Debates may occur in both nomination and election threads.
      • Citizens are reminded to be civil in these debates. The moderators may intervene as they deem necessary.
    3. Election Polls
      • Elections shall begin approximately four days after nominations were originally posted, and shall end four days after are posted.
      • Individual threads with polls shall be posted for all contested elections.
      • The results for elections that have only one contestant or which had no contestants shall be validated after all polls for contested elections have been posted.
      • Evidence of fraudulent elections (such as the creation of double-logins for additional votes) shall be evaluated by the Moderators, who may alter the validated results if it is determined that cheating has occured.
      • All regulations for elections in the Constititon and Code of Laws, and any other relevant higher forms of law, shall always apply.
  • Amendments to the Procedures
    1. The Censor may propose and make amendments to the Procedures of his Office at any time, provided they are annouced and discussed 72 hours before they take effect.
    2. An amendment may also be made through an official poll.
  • Disputes
    1. The Censor shall always attempt to resolved disputes over portions of these Procedures with citizens as they arise. If not acceptable resolution may be reached, however, the dispute may be taken to the Judiciary where these Procedures shall be applied as a form of law and ruled upon as such.
    2. As a lower form of law created and applied by a single office, the Rules of the Civilization Fanatic's Forum, the Constition, and Code of Laws, as well as any other laws created by the Citizen's Assembly shall always take precedence.
[/

The Current Elected Officals and Their Deputies*​

President- Daveshack
Sec. of State- Greekguy
Sec. of War- Whomp
Censor- Me & Robopig
Minister of Culture- Beorn-el-Feared
Minister of the Interior- Nomad Bryce & Bengeance
Minister of Science- Strider
Governer of Boaring Wallow- Tubby Rower
Chief Justice- Donsig
Judge Advocate- donovan zoi
Public Defender- Ravensfire

Order of DP'ing
  1. Tubby Rower
  2. CivGeneral
  3. DaveShack
  4. Chieftess

*names in italics are Deputies!

I would like to announce Robopig as my Deputy!!

How would you like to handle the assembly vote on where to settle our next city? The discussion thread can be found here, and the DP's will need it to be decided within 4-6 days from now. :D

I agree with Daveshack. The sooner we have a vote, the sooner we can get the whip out! :mischief:

Bengeance said:
I would request that we start a vote on the next city placement as soon as possible to allow for the next play session to occur in the near future.
If someone would

a) Post the poll, i would validate it,

or

b) post all the info i need in this thread

I'm having work done on my wisdom tooth, and my mouth is the size of a baseball right now, and i don't feel like gathering th einfo. But i agree, this poll needs to go up

My tooth infection is all healed, and the wisdom problem is on hold.

Now, if on monday, i have not posted in the last two days, someone needs to post the nomination threads. I almost positive i will be able too, but i want a back up plan.

And if someone nominates me to run for Censor again, i accept.( I will be back in time for elections no matter what, i'm just planning for everything)

THere will be NO election mishaps under my Reign!

Mr. Censor,

It seems as though we ran out of gold during the last turnchat. It is the responsibility of the Citizen's Assembly to vote on the slider, yet no mention of it has ever been made. We should have a discussion and poll to decide what to do about this.

Sigma said:
Mr. Censor,

It seems as though we ran out of gold during the last turnchat. It is the responsibility of the Citizen's Assembly to vote on the slider, yet no mention of it has ever been made. We should have a discussion and poll to decide what to do about this.
Will do, and also I will be able to post the nominations, but i need a volunteer to keep the nom tracking thread( internet where i am cost 25 cents a minute:mad: )

Shouldn't the elections be going up sometime today?

Is it a short Feb. or long Feb. this year?

Short Feb 28th is the last day.

Swiss has been out since the 20th..someone might need to step in. Robopig has been missing too.

I had PM him earlier and he has not responded as of yet..

I'm back,and polls will go up after 8:00 pm est today!

Just a question, are you going to post the results for the unopposed offices?

CivGeneral said:
Just a question, are you going to post the results for the unopposed offices?
I did in the Nomination tracking thread, and there is currently a heated Vetdebate going on on how to procede from there.

Top Bottom