Free Original Music for your Mods!

Cool Music Guy

Chieftain
I am a composer/musician/all-around-cool-dude that has over twenty years of composing, sequencing, and recording experience. I am trying to break into the highly coveted market of composing music for video games. The best way to do this is to create free music for mods. Since Civ II, III, and IV are my most favorite video games ever, I would be highly interested in providing free original music to any mod developer who needs it.

There are about forty mp3s of my work at thecoolmusicguy.com

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Lee (the cool music guy)

Aside from the oh-so-awfully-chosen-cheesy-names, I think most of these tunes fit certain eras perfectly.

More ancient music would be appreciated, though, as many are complaining from not having music in the ancient era :D

All of the tunes on my site are up for grabs...

However, I specialize in music made-to-order, that is, music composed to your exact specifications.

Also, since I am doing this for free with the hope of eventually doing this for some money one day, I am asking for name credit if my music is used.

That being said, the tunes on my site and the site itself is not just for Civ IV mods, I am also composing music for several indie film directors and the website is so they can check out my work as well.

So if any of you mod dudes have any special requests for specific peices with specific instrumentation in specific genres for specific purposes in your mod, shoot me an e-mail and let me know what you need. My e-mail is on my website and it is fitzsimmonslee@yahoo.com

Thank you for your interest...

Lee

P.S. What does ancient era music sound like anyway? Maybe clubs hitting rocks and some grunting?:lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. What does ancient era music sound like anyway? Maybe clubs hitting rocks and some grunting?

What, you've never heard "I smashed my thumb (He feels dumb)" by Larry Gonik?
It's a rock classic! :lol:

Anyway, Cool Music Guy, you're doing a fantastic service to the modding community.
I couldn't hear any of your songs since my sound card broke the other day, but the prospect of free music, no matter how good or bad, sounds promising. I might come by with a few requests someday, when can I get this stupid sound card to work right again.

Just wanted to say thanks,
Underhill

MrUnderhill said:
You're doing a fantastic service to the modding community.
I couldn't hear any of your songs since my sound card broke the other day, but the prospect of free music, no matter how good or bad, sounds promising.

I am working on some ancient music... heavy drums and loud monosyllabic grunts with some other nature sounds thrown in... should have them up in the next few days!

Pretty nice music! :goodjob:

I like almost all melodies in Ambient and New Age Themes section. They seem to be quite suitable for an Ancient Soundtrack. I'm going to try it in my next game.

Cool Music Guy said:
Hey there, Mr. Underhill, wait just one freakin' second....

TrueAce ain't givin' you boys no free original music....

The Cool Music Guy (Lee FitzSimmons) is handin' it out free of charge...

So please get my name right if and when you use my tunes, since that is all that I am asking for...

Oops! Must've read just above my post and mixed up the names. Sorry! :(
*edits previous post and slinks away in shame*

Top Bottom