Charles F. Adams Destroyer Model

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
I took one of my models I built for Civ3 animation, and made a replacement for the stock CivIV destroyer. Like my Kirov preview in the main C&C forum, this is a high poly unit. My model has radar that rotates and the ship rolls. I'm still trying to figure out the keyframing for the other animations, and I am investigating the disappearing command button problem ingame.

Directions.
This is assuming you have used the unpack utility. Put the CFAdams.nif file into the destroyer art folder (Assests/Art/Units/Destroyer). Then open up the CivIVArtDefines_Unit, and replace the destroyer.nif with the CFAdams.nif in the following lines:

<NIF>Art/Units/Destroyer/CFAdams.nif</NIF>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Destroyer/CFAdams.nif</SHADERNIF>

Also change the fscale to 20.0
Change the fshadowscale to 0.05

The File:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/CFAdamsCivIV.zip

Here's an ingame screenie.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 3,866
I have some problems come up with this model.

1.The smaller picture of the unit doesn't show up in the lower left of the menu/info bar when the unit is selected. I have played with the xml interface scale with no luck.

2.The action buttons do not appear in the command menu on the bottom.

3.The sound loop is messed up when idle. I assume this may have to do with animation timing ?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix the above problems would be appreciated.

Awesome looking ship there vingrjoe :goodjob: I hope you will make low poly version though, not everyone has a dual processor PC with 7800GT :cry:

Can't help you with your problems though, never encountered anything like that :confused:

Fantastic model :goodjob:. You should find someone to make a skin for it.
Btw, what program did you use to make it?

I used Rhino 3.0 and 3DStudio Max 6.0 As for textures, I'm learning them. I have Jasc PSP7, Adobe PS 7, Deep Paint 3D, Deep UV. So I would rather put my programs to use than have someone else do my textures. I just haven't spent as much time learning textures as I have modelling in 3D.

Its very nicely detailed. Try painting rings around the missile launchers.

Top Bottom