Alexandrian Holy Knight (Gen Beatrix) from FF IX (16 MAR 06)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Okay, I've got the last UU for Alexandria done; the Holy Knight, which is based off the charachter of General Beatrix from Final Fantasy IX.

Beatrix was a semi-playable character (you only get to have her in the party like two or three times, but it was worth every second), who was also, arguably the most bad-ass charachter in the whole game.... When she was a villian, I fought through three greulling boss fights, all of which lasted about 15 min each, only to have her end the fight by using ONE ATTACK that reduced my entire party to 1 HP each.... Of course when she's convinced that Queen Brahne is evil (mainly by the fact that Zidane was able to prove that Brahne was trying to kill Princess Garnet, her own daughter!!), and joins your party, she continues to kick ass (she was able to defeat just about every monster encountered with her special attack that wipes out your party at the end of each fight against her)....

Anyways, this unit basically recycles the animations from my Female samurai... Except for the Attack A. I wanted Beatrix to keep both hands on the sword for the entirety of the Attack A animation, so I made a new Attack A animation.

UPDATE: I made a completely re-done version on 25 NOV 2010, with better textures, palette and animations.

Download Beatrix v2

Download Beatrix

Animation Preview:

Enjoy! :D

Edit: Problem with Attack C sound found by Vuldacon fixed here:

Attachments

• BeatrixIniFix.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 486
Great unit Hikaro....Nothing beats a hot chick wielding a huge sword!

[party] 100th POST

Sweet, FF9 rocked so much as well. The You're Not Alone! song from it has been in my head for years.

The speed for Attack A is good, maybe the swing should be a little wider to make this absolutely flawless, still a very, very good unit.

thumbs. (I'm giving the emoticon a break for once)

woohoo! more scnazzy FF units! this mod shall soon be completed. muhuhahahaha....

Excellent Unit Hikaro Takayama ... All animations look Excellent even though I would like to see a few more frames in the Death flc. :goodjob:
BTW...there is no Shogun\ShogunAttackC.amb file in my files. What sounds do you use for AttackC?

Nice unit Hikaro. Like Grunt said, hot chicks and swords can't be wrong!

What aaglo said, and everybody else too!

Vuldacon: do you have Conquests? That could be the problem...

I might just have to upload a version that uses the AttackB wav from my Mithra Ninja (since the Attack C is essentially copied from said unit ;) ).....

@ Aaglo: :lol: That's just wrong, dude! (although I did think that Beatrix was one of the hottest charachters in FF IX)

I don't know.... I may have made a typo.... I'll just upload the MithraAttackB.wav with an edited .ini file once I'm off work... That's one thing about linking sounds that tends to be problematic.....

Well, :bump:

I've decided to re-do Beatrix... Changes I made are: Better textures, Better sounds, better palette and better animations... Essentially, I managed to convert the rocking two-handed sword animations from my FFX Crusader to the Aiko 3 anime doll figure.... What this means is that (a) I'll be seeing about uploading my 2H sword animations (both the Paperdoll figure and DAZ unimesh figure versions) and (b) I'm going to be able to finish my Princess pack (king units for the Final Fantasy mod) as well as re-do some of my worst-quality Two-handed sword wielding units (such as the female samurai, Cloud Strife, and the Shinra SOLDIER).

:mad: :aargh::mad: Looky you! Don't bump old threads unless you have a good reason! Why I oughtta...

Oh.

Huh.

Awesome.

Top Bottom