Dwarf Runesmith/Runelord (March 22nd, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!
Here is a dwarf runesmith/runelord. Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia info from the games workshop website:
The ancient Guild of Runesmiths is one of the oldest and most respected institutions in all the Dwarf realms. All Runesmiths are related to each other in some, often very remote, fashion. Each carries on his family's traditions of arcane study, learning the ancient craftsmanship of working metal and magic into mighty runes of power. Although some other races make magic items of great potency, Runesmiths are masters of the art. The greatest Runesmiths are superlative craftsmen, widely respected by all Dwarfs, and even accorded the sort of reverence normally reserved for ancestors.

The number of Runesmiths is not very great. When a Runesmith judges that it is time, he chooses a young relative as his apprentice and teaches him the secrets of making magic runes. Runesmiths are very secretive about their knowledge and will only pass it on to a worthy successor. Many powerful runes have been lost simply because a Runesmith could find no one worthy enough to succeed him. However, Runesmiths do tend to live for a long time even by Dwarf standards. As Dwarfs get older they get tougher, even more obstinate, and extremely stubborn. These great heroes and lords can proudly sit at the tables of kings, and their immense age accords a status not possible amongst Men or Elves.

Runesmiths are ancient and powerful individuals. At the very least they will have endured hundreds of years of harsh apprenticeship under the demanding eye and unforgiving hand of their forebear. Older Runesmiths will have survived hundreds of years of further toil, centuries of beating runes from hot metal, and decades of searching out old secrets in the depths of lost Dwarf strongholds. As a result, it is hard to imagine a tougher or more cantankerous Dwarf.

Here are the files:
Runesmith (~767 kb)

Here are some animation previews (fortify, attack & victory):

Attached is a civilopedia preview

Attachments

• RunesmithCivilop.gif
    RunesmithCivilop.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 347
Wow, you really go to town with the modelling on these dwarfs, especially the beards. The hammer's fantastic as well, oh and congrats on that front page article aaglo!

This guy reminds me (blatantly) of Smithy from Super Mario RPG, for those of you who might remember that game (honestly, some SNES games are still better than some of the good games they come out with nowadays)

Orthanc said:
Wow, you really go to town with the modelling on these dwarfs, especially the beards. The hammer's fantastic as well, oh and congrats on that front page article aaglo!
That beard is rather old creation of mine, but I admit there were some major problems on making it look decent. Even now, it's quite rigid (I guess he just uses a lot of moustache wax then... ;) ).
And that front-page article came out of the blue - I certainly wasn't expecting that :)

This guy reminds me (blatantly) of Smithy from Super Mario RPG, for those of you who might remember that game (honestly, some SNES games are still better than some of the good games they come out with nowadays)
I never played any Super Mario games. They just weren't my thing at all :lol:

This is great! Now I have the perfect "Summon" for the Dwarves in the FF mod.... I'll have the Dwarves summoning tech be called The Great Sagas, and the SW called the Hall of the Mountain King, and generate a Dwarf Lord or Mountain King (as I'll call this guy) every so often....

Definately convert me into thinking of the skavens are way far uniteresting at this point.Dwarfs are cool!

"Remember, a Dwarf's only as big as his beard."

Great unit, aaglo! :) It's always nice to see new Dwarf units.

Top Bottom