Star Wars Model - TIE Raptor (3/30/06)

Dual

Gun Mage
UPDATED (4/19/06):

The unit now supports team color on the wings.

UPDATED (4/06/06):

Added improved ion engines to back of model, along with new textures for it. The polygon count is now 1108.

Also added all of the origional Jet Fighter's animations to the unit. So you should point to that animation in the <KFM> tag when adding the unit to the XML.

OLD POST: Here's another in my TIE fighter series. In place of the normal wing structure, the TIE Raptor has four fins attached straight to the cockpit. But despite the smaller mass, it still has a good amount of firepower. With four laser cannons mounted on the fins, and two missile launchers below the viewport.

And, with less structure to model, the polygon count is smaller at 1028.

UPDATED PICS:
TIE_Raptor_Updated1.jpg TIE_RAPTOR_COLOR.jpg

Next on my list is the TIE Avenger (a.k.a. the TIE Advanced).

Attachments

• TIE_RAPTOR_TEAMCOLOR.zip
    74.9 KB · Views: 369
Excellent as always Dual. You're giving these SW guys a lot of nice units.

Awesome. Millenium falcon?

woodelf said:
Excellent as always Dual. You're giving these SW guys a lot of nice units.

I was thinking you might be able to use this one in the Moon Mod too. It would probably be pretty easy for someone to re-skin it into a satellite, with solar panels attached to it.

Los Tirano said:
Awesome. Millenium falcon?

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing the Falcon, and maybe some capital ships. But I want to do more fighters first. After I finish a couple more TIEs I'm going to start in on the Rebel fighters.

Very, very good Dual! These will surely enhance the Star Wars mod! I can't wait till you create the rebel models :D

J_Period said:
Wow this is the 1st TIE that you've made that I hadn't heard of...cool! I learn something new every day

Yeah, I knew about all of the others but this one is new to me too. Where did you get this one from?

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon said:
Yeah, I knew about all of the others but this one is new to me too. Where did you get this one from?

Roger Bacon

It's from one of the X-Wing novels I believe. Though I've never read that particular one myself.

Here's some info about it: TIE Raptor

WOW looks great! Can you make some C.I.S. and republic ships though?
All Hail the C.I.S.!:king: :worship: :worship: :worship:
All Hail the Empire!:king: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Suck rebels suck!:vomit: :):) <Luke and Leia

Rebels are the best :D

Crighton said:
In life there is only one questino:

Do you fly for the Empire? or for the Rebellion?

Me, I fly for the glory of the Empire.

All hail, Lord Vader. :)

"Evil will always win, because good is stupid." -- Dark Helmet

Top Bottom