WH Norse/Vikings

Ploeperpengel

academic precarity
Updated: Norse Huntsmen. Previous version removed after 52 downloads. An error causing a CTD has been fixed and the texture size is reduced. The beards looks slightly different now than on screeny cause it's using the texture of seZereths Freelancer but I think it's an improvement. Happy playing(Hopefully bugfree now).

Added to second post: Norse Geirrmen

Updated second post: Warhammer Norse Huskarls

This thread is for Warhammer Norse. I will use this thread to release all I will do in the future about those nice poeple of the north . Some of them will also be useable as vikings I suppose. enjoy:goodjob:

Edit: updated dl to include fxfile too

Edit: Did a version with rabbits cool weaponry, (see right side of the screenie)
button's included in that one. I also made nifversions without the horns (just the nifs you'll need the other files too!).

Update: Norscan Huntsmen uploaded, Button included, uses skirmisher animation. If there are any issues with it please report them.

Norscan Huntsmen:

Attachments

• Norse1.zip
    104.8 KB · Views: 321
  • norsewithshield.zip
    168.9 KB · Views: 282
  • bearman.jpg
    bearman.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2,652
  • withouthorns.zip
    107.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Huntsmen.zip
    140.2 KB · Views: 223
Warhammer Norse Huskarls, button inclusive. The officer is based on Rabbit Whites african spearman again, the others are the same as the above axemen just with a better weapon also made by Mr White.

ADDED: Norse Geirrmen
The helmet's from the Morrowindmod White Wolf of Lokken Mountain, the Modding team did an awesome job for that mod, was fun to play. Oh and Rabbit I couldn't withstand to use some bits and skins of the Boer Commando for this:D

Attachments

• Huskarls.zip
    198 KB · Views: 196
  • Geirrmen.zip
    171 KB · Views: 221
Woot! Nice work Ploep. Very fierce looking.

edit - Dammit, I hope I didn't take a reserved spot. :(

Sorry Ploep. I was going elsewhere, but saw a new unit. I have to post!

Looks great Ploep, can't wait to see what else you make. :thumbsup:

Woodelf, stop stealing reserves :whipped: :D

Ploeperpengel said:
I just took the incenseleaves meshes for the fur, don't know the polycount but shouldn't be too high.:)

Btw included fxfile in dl

Thats a good trick. :goodjob: Well done.

Yea
I like how you adopt things! Using Sprites is a good way to improvise for us non 3d modelers :p
Maybe you can darken his face a little bit, so he looks more intimidating :p

TheLopez said:
Very cool Pleop. One thing though, if you want to be historically accurate you might want to remove the horns. It is a wide misconception that viking helmets had horns. http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mhornedhelmet.html

It is for the norse civ in WH FB, there Chaos followers like to stick horns on their helmets! but everyone who wantss to use it in a viking mod, can detach them with nifviewer easily ;)
But well, yea make another version without horns, by that the regiment will look more varried

Very cool! Im going to use this guy too Ploeperpengel. :D

Top Bottom