[REQ] Boer Commando (04/24/06)

R

Rabbit, White

This one was requested by Abrie JF Kilian,
Named the 'Boer Kommando'.

Short history:
Guerrilla tactics were used extensively by the forces of the Afrikaner republics in the Second Boer War in South Africa 1899-1902. After the British defeated the Boer armies in conventional warfare and occupied their capitals of Pretoria and Bloemfontein, Boer commandos reverted to mobile warfare. Units led by leaders such as Christian de Wet harassed slow-moving British columns and attacked railway lines and encampments. The Boers were almost all mounted and possessed long range magazine loaded rifles. This gave them the ability to attack quickly and cause many casualties before retreating rapidly when British reinforcements arrived. In the early period of the guerrilla war, Boer commandoes could be very large, containing several thousand men and even field artillery. However, as their supplies of food and ammunition gave out, the Boers increasingly broke up into smaller units and relied on captured British arms and ammunition.

It uses Cavalry animations so make sure to use that in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file. Also, for those interested the beard and the hat are separate objects.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• boer_commando.zip
    129.8 KB · Views: 356
I really like this guy. Many times I just browse through the newer figure units (I like the later ages, which seem to get ignored except for all the aircraft and tanks;) ) and occationally will use one. This one is getting put in right away as a raider. VERY COOL.

WOW!! Great work! I'm very impressed! Will I now be able to play with them in multiplayer mode as well?

Thanks for all your help and effort to every body who contributed to this amazing civ. I love the ammo belt and beard!

Cobus J van Wyk said:
WOW!! Great work! I'm very impressed! Will I now be able to play with them in multiplayer mode as well?
As long as you're playing a mod that supports MP and all parties have it I don't see why not.

@Abrie JF Kilian: Glad you liked it.:)

what am i doing wrong? i see only red circles?

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_boer_commando</Type>
<fScale>0.42</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/boer_commando/boer_commando.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Cavalry/Cavalry.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/boer_commando/boer_commando.nif_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/HorseShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>HorseBip Spine1</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.1</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>